Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please don't let Veronica Mars get too Dawson's Creeky!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please don't let Veronica Mars get too Dawson's Creeky!!

So I'm sure some of you have noticed the similarities in the love triangle on Veronica Mars to the one on Dawson's Creek. First you have Duncan, Veronica's supposed "true love" a la Dawson and Joey. Then you have Logan, who is Duncan's best friend, and like Pacey from Dawson's Creek, has father issuses and is the wisecracking misunderstood boy who is inspired to change for the women he loves.
    Well we all know how that story turned out, Joey goes for Pacey in the end and realizes Dawson is just a good friend.
    I'm really hoping that Veronica Mars doesn't get caught up telling this story over, it is such a great show and that would just ruin it!!
    The love triangle that breaks up two best friends and has the main girl going back and forth between the two not making up her mind until the last show has been done to death.

I don't think that VM will get too Dawson Creeky. Veronica may not know who she wants yet but I have a feeling that she may get another boyfriend when she goes to college in Season 3. For know, she probably will be caught in between Duncan and Logan but I have a feeling that Duncan will win out over Logan.

Comment

i dont think the show is gonna be based on her relationships. its not one of those shows. shes a teenager though ... wht do u expect?

Comment

I don't see this as being too Dawson's Creeky at all. Joey and Dawson were lifelong friends. Vernoica and Duncan weren't, and it seems they only dated for a relavtively short peroid. Joey and Dawson were also emotional soulmates. We haven't been given the impression as of yet that Veronica and Duncan's relationship was ever that deep. It seems like it was based more on Veronica's romanticied notions of dating the most popular and handsome guy in the school than on any real strong compatablilty. Duncan is her Ashley Wilkes, and Logan is more the Rhett Butler.

Comment

Nice comparison!!!!

Comment

Nice comparision to Gone with the wind!!

Kal-El's Girl, I know Veronica Mars isn't centred around relationships that was my point. I am hoping it doesn't get too much like Dawson's Creek focusing on a love triangle where two best friends fight over the same girl. This show is sooo much better than that!!

Comment

The show is way better than that. It's kind of cool to see Veronica go through a love triangle. I don't think that I will ever 2 guys interested in me at the same time. hehe

Comment

Well I have not ever watched Dawson's Creek, because i thought it was not worth the effort but from how you gals describe it, i really can't see VM becoming like DC at all, Its much to good to become a soap opera so to speak.

VM has so much to explore in terms of the new mystery and all the little episodic mysteries in between. Veronica will have relationships with guys thrown in the mix, but I don't think Rob Thomas will make it all about that and sacrifice the very quality that is VM. At least I hope it does not become another DC, i would give up watching then.

Comment

I agree with Lex n ' Lana. Veronica's romances will be a B plot be the MOTW and the MOTY will be the main storyline on this show. I'm glad that Rob Thomas & Co. Are such skilled writers I couldn't make it through another Dawsons Creek. One was more than enough.

Besides Rob Thomas worked on Dawson's Creek so he knows what mistakes not to make.

Comment

They are also completely different genre shows... DC's love triangle sorta worked because it was a teen melodrama... it would be silly on VM cause that isn't what the show is about.

Comment

That it would. It would be so wrong if it went that way, but I very much doubt Rob Thomas and crew would go that way even if their life depended on it, which I'm doubting as well since we're in a film noir world with high school elements and big solving arcs that would make Sam Spade drool.

Comment

On Rob Thomas' website he has a picture /painting of the cast with a film noir look. Hope before the end of the series that they can do at least 'film noir' episode in period dress. I don't know they would pull it off but I would love to see it.

Comment

I loved the first season of DC and couldn't stand the rest of the show (although I thought the 2nd season was yet fairly ok). So I hope it doesn't make a Dawson's Creeky turn.

Comment

i never watched dc either ... but from the way it sounds ... s1 of vm was def not like it. sure her having relationships will be on the side and part of the show but since vm is so unique i dont think they are gonna risk that.
                            Last edited by sunshine89; 09-28-2005, 10:17 AM.

Comment

DC and VM are nothing alike... they both have their merits for different reasons. I think the concern fans are having for VM is that it will become to melodrama & focus too much on the romantic relationships... but I don't see it happening.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎