No announcement yet.

At Last!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Favorite lines from Chap 5

When I sat up, I was facing the girls’ locker room and could see straight through the wall. All the girls were in their underwear getting dressed when, who should walk up the aisle, newly showered and wearing nothing but a little, white towel…”

“Okay, Clark, I get the picture,” Lana said hastily, staring at her toes and wondering if she’d be able to look up again any time soon. “I think I’ll take some of that lemonade now, if you don’t mind.” Anything to change the subject.

As Clark poured the lemonade he continued, “It didn’t get really interesting until you turned around and dropped the towel!”

“CLARK KENT!!! How could you say that?”

“Easily. First, it’s the truth and I know you’re tired of me lying to you. Second, you were the one wanting full disclosure, remember. Be careful what you ask for, you just might get it. Anyway, all I know is I smiled like a circus clown the rest of the school day.

Priceless! Cardinal your sense of humor adds a great twist!

Comment

Chapter 7: The End????

“Okay, your turn, Clark,” Lana sang out. Hands clasped around her knees, Lana waited for Clark’s embarrassment.

“Sixth and final ability, God, I hope it‘s the last one, is heat vision. You remember at the beginning of last school year in Ms. Atkins’ class how a fire started while we were watching the sex-ed film?”

“Yeah?”

“Well…that was me just getting a new ability. It was the first time it had ever happened and I couldn’t control it yet. After Lex’s wedding, while I was talking to you, you wondered whether or not we’d ever be able to act on our passion, and it happened again. I set fire to the Talon with my eyes. Only this time, it was worse than before.”

“What’s so embarrassing about that?”

“What embarrassing about it is that my parents and I finally discovered what caused the heat. Basically, anytime I became, umm, excited, aroused, turned on…well, you get the picture, I had the heat come out of my eyes! I had to learn to control that ability fast, otherwise, I’d never be able to around you again…you have that effect on me.

“I am so glad I didn’t get heat vision at the same you were affected by the Nicodemus flower…I’d have burned down the school!”

“I looked that good, Clark? Well, I’m definitely gonna have to keep that outfit. It’s nice to know I can turn you on that easily, Clark. That could come in handy!

“So let’s see, six abilities: strength, speed, invulnerability, x-ray vision, heat vision, and hearing. You’re from another planet and you wrongly blame yourself for the death of my parents. Finally, you’re allergic to green meteor rocks…anything else?”

“Actually, yes. This involves the red meteor rocks. They don’t make me sick; they remove my inhibitions and keep me from thinking about anything other than the moment I’m living in. I’m not bound by anything I’ve said or done in the past, and I don’t take the future consequences of my actions into account. Which explains why I was interested in Jessie, why you saw me kissing Chloe in the Talon when you and I were supposed to go on a date, and why I was such a jerk when you found me in Metropolis last summer. Each time I was affected by red meteor rocks. The first time, the rock was in our school rings, the second time, Pete slipped it to me while he was under the influence of the cave worms, and the last time was my own doing. I was in so much pain, having caused the death of my unborn sibling and afraid of what I might do to you, that I put on the ring knowing what it would do to me, just so I could find some relief from what I was feeling inside.”

“How could you be responsible for your mom’s miscarriage?”

I’m the one that caused the truck to wreck as they came home from Lex’s wedding. I believed that the blame was solely mine. I still believe that some of it is mine.”

“How’d you wreck the truck?”

“Remember I told you about having the spaceship in the storm cellar? Well, in all the excitement over my revelations, you didn’t ask what happened to it. At the time I was trying to avoid allowing my biological family to have an undue influence on my life, so I blew it up. That’s what caused that big crater where the cellar used to be. The shockwave from the explosion wrecked the truck and my mom miscarried. I had been warned that I would cause pain to those closest to me and I didn’t listen. After the explosion, not only was I guilt-ridden over my parents, but I was deathly afraid of what I’d do to you. So I left.”

“Oh, Clark,” Lana cried as she stood and wrapped him in a hug. “You bear the weight of the world on your shoulders and there’s no one to help ease your burden. At least until now. You may be my guardian angel, but I’m here for you. To listen, to comfort, and to love you. It’s us now, not you and me. I may not be able to lift much with my hands, but for you I can bear mountains with my heart!

“Now,” she murmured softly, “are there any more surprises in store?”

“Only this,” he said as stooped down to dig an ornate turquoise and silver bracelet out of a hidden box. “I was told by Joseph Willowbrook to give this to the woman I was destined to be with. That’s you, Lana, now and forever. Take this, go home and get some sleep, ‘cause tomorrow we need to go to the caves, where I have more to tell you. About my biological family and a place called Krypton.”

*Cue the opening bars to the Superman theme*

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author’s Note: This is where I originally planned to end this short series. I may have some ideas about an extra scene or two in the caves, but after that, I’m probably done with this fic.

Heck, I wrote everything except for the Nicodemus chapter in one night. Inspiration’s visits are few and far between, but when I do get an idea, I can’t stop.

Anyway, thanks for supprting my first attempt at a fanfic!
      Last edited by Cardinal; 06-18-2006, 12:09 AM.

Comment

WHOA! HEY...No

You can't end it already! MORE SCENES!

Well, if you can't get in any more scenes at least start writing another one!

Comment

Well...I have thought about reworking the end of season 3 and all of season 4 to include this new version of Clana and the way it would impact those stories, but that would sort of step of SVsleuth's toes as she's doing something similar to that already. Besides, I'm not sure if I've got that kind of ability.

Still, imagine:

(1) Pete's reaction when he finds out Lana knows. Who knows, maybe having someone else to share the burden of Clark's secret will keep Pete in Smallville.

(2) When Lionel goes to jail at the end of season 3, not only does he attack Chloe and Lex, but he attacks Lana as a way to get at Clark!

(3) No *^%$%& trip to Paris!!!! Which also means no Jason and Genevieve Teague!

(4) Clark still leaves at the end of season 3, Lana then becomes an integral part of life on the farm as she helps Martha while Jonathon's in the hospital and Clark is on his summer "study tour."

(5) No Clois shower scene as Lana offers the use of the futon in her apartment just to keep that woman away from her man. "She's already seen him naked...I'm not giving her a chance at anything else!"

and, eventually, (6) When Alicia gets out of Belle Reve, how will she deal with the fact that Lana is firmly entrenched as Clark's woman?

The possibilities are there. Or, I could just extrapolate their relationship to the end of season 4, and start my own future fic. That's a much scarier proposition, however, as I wouldn't have a story framework to use for my stories.

Heh! Oh well, I'll think about it!

Comment

I love your 6 ideas!!!!their great!!!you should re-write season4!PPMS!!!......p.s: thanxz for the nicodemus chapter....I await your next updates/stories

Comment

Originally posted by Cardinal

(5) No Clois shower scene as Lana offers the use of the futon in her apartment just to keep that woman away from her man. "She's already seen him naked...I'm not giving her a chance at anything else!"
              HA! I still want to see Lois and Lana duke it out before the end of the series! I would definatly be happy if I at least saw it in a fic.

Comment

Favorite lines from Chap. 6 (sorry, but I can't keep up with your frequent posts)

After you jumped into the pool, you tried to entice me to join you. The only reason I didn’t was because by this time I had noticed your behavior was kinda like my dad’s before he collapsed.

Lana giggled, “You mean he was hitting on you while wearing women’s underwear? How…risqué!”

Smiling, with the image of his dad in lacy underwear temporarily overriding his memory of alpha-Lana, Clark continued...
                Cardinal, you are hilarious! Please keep writing. I'll get to it all eventually. And I'll always know whose thread to head for when I have a need to laugh out loud or roll on the floor laughing!

Comment

Thanks!

As a new author, I'm learning something I didn't expect. The lines I chuckle over while writing usually aren't the lines that get commented on by my readers.

Oh well, as long as someone likes my stuff!

Comment

originally posted by Cardinal:
                    Well...I have thought about reworking the end of season 3 and all of season 4 to include this new version of Clana and the way it would impact those stories, but that would sort of step of SVsleuth's toes as she's doing something similar to that already. Besides, I'm not sure if I've got that kind of ability.
                    Cardinal, I think there's room for both of our fics. And you definitely do have that kind of ability. I think you should continue where you left off, re-writing the rest of Season 3 & 4 with continuity from this one. Mine doesn't go there. My Clana Journals try to keep the Smallville continuity and just enhance the emotional continuity through the Journals & added scenes. My Alternate CLANA Scenes give an alternate ending for certain scenes that could have gone in a more CLANA direction. Those I make up, but each one ends; they could each be a jump off spot to write the rest of Season 4 differently - but I don't have time to do that. As you can see in my Alt. Clana scenes thread, I have written multiple reveal scenes myself. So there's plenty of room for you to pick a jump off point & re-write the rest of Smallville with your unique sense of humor. Yours is humorous. Mine is thought provoking. There's room for both. Pleeeeeeease keep writing. Where else can I go when I need to or ? The ideas you listed sound great. I'm sure you can do it. Go for it!

-SVsleuth
                    Last edited by SVsleuth; 08-05-2005, 11:11 AM.

Comment

*Cue Debby Boone*

You...you light up my life,
                      You give me hope....
                      To carry on...

Snicker, snicker!!!

Thanks for the encouragement.

By the way, I just thought that the wildest idea would actually be: what happens when Chloe becomes the human lie detector?
                      Last edited by Cardinal; 08-05-2005, 11:56 AM.

Comment

Hey Cardinal can't wait to read all of the interesting storylines ur thinking of or at least conitinue or make one of them! oh well just do u! PPMS!!

Comment

This is a really good well written story Cardinal. You are a great writer and have a broad vocabulary. There doesn't seem to be and 2 same adjectives, which is a good thing. keep the updates comin.

Comment

“Oh, Clark,” Lana cried as she stood and wrapped him in a hug. “You bear the weight of the world on your shoulders and there’s no one to help ease your burden. At least until now. You may be my guardian angel, but I’m here for you. To listen, to comfort, and to love you. It’s us now, not you and me. I may not be able to lift much with my hands, but for you I can bear mountains with my heart!

great update!!! wow, lana's words are so sweet

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, thanks for supprting my first attempt at a fanfic!
                            you're doing a great job buddy!!! keep it up!!!

Comment

Awesome story, just finished reading it, and there's massive potential in your writing!!! One thing i thought about though...

(3) No *^%$%& trip to Paris!!!! Which also means no Jason and Genevieve Teague!

(4) Clark still leaves at the end of season 3, Lana then becomes an integral part of life on the farm as she helps Martha while Jonathon's in the hospital and Clark is on his summer "study tour."

IMO, these kinda conflict with each other... Lana Went To Paris to get away from Clark, since she told him he was the only one who could talk her out of it. Clark Left at the end of Season 3 because of what Kara said about those dearest to him betraying (Lex) and leaving (Lana) him... if he never left, Lois would'nt have found him in the field naked... those 3 ideas above couldn't have happened had Lana not left for Paris... other than that, i like the idea about Alicia seeing Lana and Clark together, and maybe going into Psycho again!!!

Comment

Remember, to read my stuff in order, you start here and complete this story, then you read "A Lifetime of Tomorrows (not finished" and finish by reading "Cardinal's Odds & Ends (also not finished)."

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎