No announcement yet.

At Last!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At Last!

Disclaimer: Yep. I don’t own anything when it comes to Smallville or its characters.

Author’s Note: I tried to find the point in Smallville where, if I were Clark, I could not possibly keep lying successfully to Lana. I chose the end of Crisis, in season three.

Chapter 1: Lana Calls Clark’s Bluff

“Any luck?” Clark asked.

“No, I…I got lost at the first wormhole,” Lana replied, putting her book on the table and heading behind the Talon‘s counter to talk to her visitor.

“You know, half the world’s scientists are still debating over Einstein’s theories of time travel. I don’t think we're gonna crack it in one night.”

“Clark, there’s still something I don’t understand. How did you get from the hotline to the storage unit in a split second?”

Oh crap! Clark thought to himself. How can I possibly save this one?

“Took me more than a few seconds…maybe it had something to do with the weird time anomaly.”

Lana pressed her lips together in a line and nodded her head slightly. Yep, Clark’s doing it again. He does more dancing around the truth than a roomful of politicians. Why can’t he tell me the truth? Just once?

“Clark, I don’t believe that and, from the expression on your face, neither do you. The storage facility is a long way from the youth center, yet you got there in the time it took me to run about 40 feet and fall down. How?! You saved my life, again, and it makes me want to know about the man behind the mask. How does he do the things he does? Remember, I told you after your dad left the hospital you could tell me anything. Please, don’t shut me out again.”

“I…” Well, I didn’t really expect her to believe me this time. What to do? “Lana, are you sure you want to know?” Way to go, Clark, that was a stupid question! She’s only been begging for the truth since the tornado at the end of freshman year! She’s been patient with me…well, not really patient, more like tolerant…and she deserves to know. After all, who can I trust to hold my secret if not the girl who already holds my heart? “Meet me in my loft after the Talon closes…”

“Why not now?” Lana interrupted.

“Are you kidding me? Not in the Talon, this is really private stuff. The only people that know are my folks and Pete.”

“You told Pete?”

“Yeah, I told him early last year. We’ve been best friends since we were kids and he had to wait until we were sophomores. So if you think you’ve had to wait a long time, think about poor old Pete. I mean he had to wait 10 years, you’ve only been waiting since the tornado…”

“Clark?”

“Yes?”

“You’re babbling.”

“Oh, right, well I’m very nervous right now. You see, when I told Pete, he didn’t take it very well and it almost ended our friendship. So you can imagine my fear about telling the same secret to the girl I lo…the girl I like.

“Besides,” Clark said, “I‘m gonna need that much time to think of how to tell you.”

“I’d think you’ve had plenty of time already.”

“Umm…yeah, except all my time involving you and my secret has involved me thinking of ways to avoid telling the secret to you. Actually planning how to tell…everything…about me is a whole new ball of yarn. Anyway, come to the loft after work, and all shall be revealed,” Clark said, arching his eyebrows mysteriously.

“You promise?”

“I’d promise, except I haven’t been that good at keeping my promises to you. Let’s just say that this is very difficult, and I’ll do my best. See ya’, Lana.”
    Last edited by Cardinal; 12-30-2005, 09:12 PM.

OH YEAH!!!!! I get to be the first poster!! Great start, can't wait to read more

Comment

Interesting start! I wanna read more =) PPMS!

Oh and dont switch to mustard, I'm working on updates right now, really LONG updates, not sure if Ill get to Revelations today, but Ill definitely update the Last Setting.

Comment

"At last!" I guess the title fits. I'm curious to see Lana's reaction. Please post more.

*Edit*
        I like this Lana, she seems to be demanding the truth instead of brushing it off when she hears another one of Clark's lame excuses.
        Last edited by Scotty; 08-03-2005, 12:54 PM.

Comment

very nice!! post more!!

Comment

Great start, I want to know what's going to happen next! PPMS!

Comment

BOOYAH!!!Ketchup's back in action!!!*bows gracefully towards a ketchup bottle*and the start of this story is awesome!!!the truth shall set you free!PPMS!!!

Comment

I'm piqued.

Comment

I agree...I think you choose a good time to tell her too. They were less angsty in that episode.

Keep going...that was too short!

Comment

LOL that cracked me up the way Clark was rambling and letting things slip! PPMS!!

Comment

(from Cardinal) I tried to find the point in Smallville where, if I were Clark, I could not possibly keep lying successfully to Lana. I chose the end of Crisis, in season three.
                      Yay! Cardinal's going to write a fic too. I hope he makes use of his great sense of humor that always has me laughing at his responses to the stories. (Don't switch to Mustard - Ha-Ha!)

You picked a great spot to start. Do you realize I started my Clana Journals with LEGACY, the next episode after CRISIS? That was because Adam is gone, & Lana is free, & in Legacy, Clark makes a move with Lana for the first time in quite a while. Great minds think alike, right?

Comment

I chose Crisis, 'cause I can't imagine anyone buying the time anomaly excuse.

With Clark, it is like watching a juggler with too many balls in the air; eventually, he's gonna reach a point where he can't keep the balls in the air anymore.

Give me a few minutes, and I'll have an update ready.

Chapter 2: Twist and Shout

“Thanks for coming, Lana,” Clark said.

“Clark, I wouldn’t have missed this for the world,” Lana answered.

“Have a seat. Would you like some lemonade? I brought some out here, ‘cause this may take awhile.”

Sitting down and rubbing her hands on her thighs, Lana said, “Maybe later. Right now, I’m hungry…hungry to learn what you have to tell me, to know what Clark Kent is all about.”

Clark paces back and forth, seemingly oblivious to Lana’s presence…

“Uh, Clark? Anytime now.”

“Oh, sorry! All this time since the Talon hasn’t helped much. Actually, all it’s done is raise my anxiety level right through the roof.”

“Would it help if I ask questions and you answer them?”

“It couldn’t hurt.”

So many questions, Lana thought to herself. Which one to pick first? It’s like playing a game of Jenga, you want to pick a piece that will come free without bringing down the whole tower.

“Okay, Clark, the first question should be the first question. What happened in the tornado?” The 'real' story this time, if you please, Lana thought.

“Well, Chloe and I were dancing and were just about to k…never mind that…when umm, when the dance was stopped by a school official saying that there was a tornado on the south side of town and for safety reasons, no one was going to be allowed to leave the dance.

“I realized that the bus depot was in that part of town and got nervous. Chloe tried to assure me you’d be alright. In fact, she was going to call you on her cell phone to ease my fear, but I just knew there was no time to wait. So, I took off running for the bus depot…”

“Wait, you ran all that way?”

“Uh huh. See, that also answers your question about how I got to the storage unit so fast. I can run very, very fast.”

“How fast are we talking?”

“Remember calling me from the storage unit? Well, I heard Adam fire a shot at you before I left the Youth Center and I still got to you in time to stop the bullet. That’s how fast.”

“Wow, faster than a speeding bullet…how’d you stop the bullet, anyway? Wait, don’t answer that. Let’s get back to the tornado. I want that answer first.”

“Where were we?”

“You, running to save me,” Lana grinned. “My very own knight in shining armor.”

“I prefer to think of myself as your guardian angel. I can’t imagine the upkeep on a suit of plate armor, much less running in it,” Clark chuckled. “Let’s see, as you remember, I got to you just as the tornado had reached the truck and begun to lift it into the air. You screamed my name, and then the truck disappeared into the whirling maelstrom.

“I don’t mind telling you, Lana, that I have never been that scared in my entire life.”

“Join the club, Clark. I mean, I knew Whitney would kill me when he found out that I ruined his truck,” Lana giggled. “And yeah, the tornado was kind of scary, too!”

Rolling his eyes, Clark said, “The only thing I could do was dive into the tornado and hope that my abilities would be enough to save you. Once inside the tornado, I had no control. I was being whipped around, things were bouncing off of me, and I was having a hard time seeing you. Somehow, I got to the truck. When I got to it, I opened the door, climbed in, got down on top of you and held on tight as the truck disintegrated around us. Oh, I did whisper…okay yell…in your ear that everything would be alright.”

“YES!!! I knew it…Clark, how did you get to the truck inside the tornado?”

“Mmm…I’m not really sure, Lana. Before you say anything, I’m really not sure. I’ve never done anything like that before or since. All I can think is that I willed myself to get closer to the truck.” Clark then whispered, “It felt like I was flying.”
                        Last edited by Cardinal; 12-30-2005, 09:15 PM.

Comment

yay!!!ppms!!!good starting point for the truth

Comment

Lana: Wow, faster than a speeding bullet...
                            Lana: “YES!!! I knew it…"
                            Priceless!
                            Really great, Cardinal. Those were my favorite lines. I can just hear Lana saying them.

Comment

yeah loved the faster than a speeding bullet line! lol

This is getting real exciting! PPMS!!

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎