No announcement yet.

Extras

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extras

Well the new Ricky Gervais series started last night, in the UK at least.

Any thoughts from those who watched it? I found it entertaining and nowhere near as bad as the reviews had suggested. Ok, so it's not The Office but it's better than a lot of comedies out there at the moment...

Didn't really enjoy it that much, but it had it's moments. It makes the mistake of just dropping in brand names, show names and store names and thinking it's being funny (only Alan Partridge ever pulled that off IMO). I think it's a show that might take an episode or two to really get into.

Ben Stiller was great in it though. I look forward to some of the other stars appearences.

Comment

From the reviews I've read on message boards so far... The people who liked ''The Office'' didn't like it much, the people who didn't, liked "Extras".

I didn't get into "The Office"... I really enjoyed "Extras".

Comment

I think it depends whether you were hoping it was another David Brent show. Despite some similarities it isn't, and it's a different format. You just have to approach it from an "It's not going to be The Office" mindset.

Comment

I've only ever seen The Office Christmas specials, so really the Office has little factor in my own opinion of it. I'll definetly stick with it.

I think Ricky Gervais was right to insist on it being on BBC2. I don't see it becoming a mainstream comedy like The Office or Little Britain.

Comment

I've never heard of Extras but I really like The Office, the BBC version not the NBC one-for some reason I just didn't think that one was funny. I know its the same show and all, but I just didn't like it. Does anyone know if it was cancelled?

Comment

It was OK. It's no Office IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by RedPhoenix23
                I've never heard of Extras but I really like The Office, the BBC version not the NBC one-for some reason I just didn't think that one was funny. I know its the same show and all, but I just didn't like it. Does anyone know if it was cancelled?
                I don't know if the American version of The Office has been officially cancelled yet but the ratings from what I hear are so low it's pretty much a certainty.

I think Extras is going to be shown Stateside at some point, but there's no start date yet.

Comment

The American version has been cancelled in Austrailia. Thats the only place [I think].

Extras has only been on once so I should wait til I've seen a few more to judge.

Comment

I thought I had heard that the US Office had been re-commisoned but maybe not then.

Comment

I Didn't see the first episode of Extras but i just finished watching the second one and thought it was funny and i can't wait to see more......made me laugh went geravis got something to eat and he had a hair in it. Also it was funny when Ross Kemp said "don't get into a fight with me" and he walked away and Gervais said "or a conversation" who was in the first episode???? anways i thought the second episode was funny!!!

Bye

LexPlex

Comment

The first ep. had Ben Stiller in it.

Seen the second ep. still don't like it.

Comment

I liked the second ep more than the first, but the humour is still a little hit-and-miss for me. I mean confusing Martin Kemp and Ross Kemp and the guy who plays Phil Mitchell just isn't funny. I wouldn't even say that to my politer friends and expect them to laugh, never mind put it on a TV comedy show. "I headbutted a horse once" though was classic.

I can't see this episode going down well in America. Ross Kemp and countless references to shows and people most people outside Britain would never have heard of.

Comment

Missed the second, was too busy killing myself down the gym.

Any idea if it's repeated?

Comment

So it's finished in the UK now. Anyone any thoughts?

Felt Patrick Stewart was superb if a little underused in Thursday's episode.

Overall I think the show was superb, very subtle and a very different style of humour to the office - kudos to Gervais for not just doing a re-tread of The Office.

Will be very interested to see how it goes down in the states, know it launches soon...

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎