• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Eh,Man?You-El?
    So I'm going to give it a rest.
    Feel free to carry on.
    I really don't care that much.
    I'm just having trouble falling asleep.
    I'm sorry if I caused you any sort of insomnia. I've been known to cause heartburn, as well.

In reference to the whole word usage thing, I meant to convey that "mortal" is most commonly used in reference to the definition that coincides with it's noun meaning. Basically, I'm saying you will most likely see mortal meaning human then mortal meaning death.

Comment

• Originally posted by Summers
      Honestly, I'm too tired to even keep up two topics at once.

My point is there have been times when he let a someone get endangered even if he had the opportunity and power to stop it.

For a couple of moments Clark will play the duel identity since Lana is there, but when the time comes amped up his game(just like in Jinx). But here he has to play the duel identity up to point where he no longer cant.
      But I don't think Jinx and that moment was a good example of him endagering someone and had the power to stop it. He acted within seconds of Mxy making his demands and instead of rushing gung-ho into saving her, he thought of a plan and executed it. It's not like he waited hours or days before going to help her. I don't think he would have played football and left her in danger. I don't think so anyway, that isn't the boy I've been watching.

Anyway that's what caught my eye during your posts.

Comment

He said that before Lana was threatened. Once she threatened you the boy just goes off the rock. More now since they are together and all.

Fine, but if and when I'm right I'm saying "I told you so". If I'm wrong I'll admit it.

But it was nothing aganist you personally. I was just counteracting the other theory is all.
        The first paragraph of your post, I have no idea what you're talking about. Maybe we should both catch some zzZZzz. It's 3:30 AM here.

If I'm wrong, I'll eat my favorite hat! Oh, and by all means say "I told you so." You would have earned it.

As always, no offense taken.

Comment

• Originally posted by Arista 07
          The first paragraph of your post, I have no idea what you're talking about. Maybe we should both catch some zzZZzz. It's 3:30 AM here.

If I'm wrong, I'll eat my favorite hat! Oh, and by all means say "I told you so." You would have earned it.

As always, no offense taken.
          Being past midnight in CA I dont think I articulated my last two posts right lol.

Cool. Just making sure .

Comment

• Mortal from dictionary.com:

mor·tal ( P ) Pronunciation Key (môrtl)

adj.
            1. Liable or subject to death.
            2. Of or relating to humankind; human: the mortal limits of understanding.
            3. Of, relating to, or accompanying death: mortal throes.
            4. Causing death; fatal: a mortal wound. See Synonyms at fatal.
            5. Fighting or fought to the death; unrelenting: a mortal enemy; a mortal attack.
            6. Of great intensity or severity; dire: mortal terror.
            7. Conceivable: no mortal reason for us to go.
            8. Used as an intensive: a mortal fool.

n.
            A human.

Mortal from thesaurus.com:

Main Entry: Mortal

Part of Speech: adjective 1

Definition: deadly

Synonyms: bitter, death-dealing, deathly, destructive, dire, ending, extreme, fatal, grave, great, grievous, grim, intense, killing, last, lethal, malignant, merciless, monstrous, mortiferous, murderous, pestilent, pestilential, poisonous, relentless, remorseless, ruthless, severe, terminal, terrible, unrelenting
            Source: Roget's New Millennium™ Thesaurus, First Edition (v 1.1.1)

Copyright © 2005 by Lexico Publishing Group, LLC. All rights reserved.

Part of Speech: adjective 2

Definition: human

Synonyms: bipedal, corporeal, creatural, earthly, ephemeral, evanescent, fading, finite, frail, fugacious, impermanent, momentary, passing, perishable, precarious, sublinary, temporal, transient, weak, worldly

Antonyms: immortal

Source: Roget's New Millennium™ Thesaurus, First Edition (v 1.1.1)
            Copyright © 2005 by Lexico Publishing Group, LLC. All rights reserved.

Part of Speech: noun

Definition: human

Synonyms: animal, being, body, character, creature, earthling, human, individual, living soul, man, naked ape, party, person, personage, soul, woman

Antonyms: immortal

mortal

adjective

Of or characteristic of human beings or mankind:
            human.

Causing or tending to cause death:
            deadly, deathly, fatal, lethal, vital.

Capable of being anticipated, considered, or imagined:
            conceivable, earthly, imaginable, likely, possible, thinkable.

Idioms: humanly possible, within the bounds (or range or realm) of possibility.

noun

A member of the human race:

being, body, creature, homo, human, human being, individual, life, man, party, person, personage, soul.

Brought to you by Lana_Lang #1 Just thought I'd post that hopefully it will help solve some clues.

Comment

• OMG ARE CLARK AND LANA TOGETHER????????? OMGGGGGG

Comment

• Timester is right. This episode has it all. A freak, that is more of a comic book 'villain', the Lex & Lionel relationship reversed, the consequences of the meteor shower (Kent house), Chloe's encounter with Kryptonian technology, Lex's character, Clark and Lana's relationship, level 3 ...

continuity all over it. They are trying to tie up loose ends.

Comment

• Originally posted by abarsami
                  Maybe the electricity has kryptonite in it... everything else in smallville does. lol
                  I bet he is faking the pain because Lana is right there with them.

Comment

• Maybe, for some reason we dont know, Clark has, once again, lost his powers... Although highly probable, it could explain the pain.

I doubt that Clark would fake voluntarily the pain and play mortal when someone is in danger, especially Lana... Even though he has his secret, the life of someone isnt worth the keeping of the secret...

Comment

• Originally posted by binkys711
                      Damn it! this is getting seriously really old on lana not knowing!!!!! the writers have once again screwed it up!!! perfect mention of "kal"; then lana with the kryptonite and clark!!!I mean c'mon!!!

4 how did lionel get back into "kryptonian trance"?

it seems like Lionels mission was to protect Clark. with N/A being put in the PZ, his mission is complete therefore he falls back into the Kryptonian state awaiting more orders from Jor El.

and the Lana thing! What in the hell are the writers doing! there writing at times sucks! seriously! they get to a point where the=y could do all this cool stuff and it jus dont happen.

i mean Clark vs. N/A, it seems like its gonna last about 3 minutes. they could have had a really long fight, with 5.1 ending with Aethry being placed into tthe PZ and then 5.2 teaser say another 3 minutes of Clark fight Nam-Ek. and then show in 5.2, chloe n clarks talk, how the kents are going to repair, explain Jasons death etc.

how Lex makes Lana think she imagined the ship as we know he does or somethin to that effect anyway in 'Mortal'.

the FOTW does sound good this time round, makes me think like a Brainiac charecter is on the way. but i feel 'Mortal' would have bene better as 5.3. as 5.2 should have been used to show how Lex got the ship, how the aliens were xplained to the people of Smallville. what exactly Lana saw.

hopefully 'Mortal' is actually 5.3 and they just put 5.2 to mess with us.

Comment

Like I said before just like Superman his power was drained from his previous battle with the kryptonians. This does happen, and this Clark rarely fights with people who are challenging. Its going to take a toll.
                        I could remind of the Superman/Doomsday fight. He died because the absolute drain of his solar energy and when he came back from the dead, he didn't had the powers (or were in a very very weak state). He was drained.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timester
                          I could remind of the Superman/Doomsday fight. He died because the absolute drain of his solar energy and when he came back from the dead, he didn't had the powers (or were in a very very weak state). He was drained.
                          very good point timester! glad u mentioned that!

i'd jus like to give my condolences to the families of those injured can killed in todays dispicable attacks on our great city of London.

Rule Britannia!

Comment

• Can't an electric bolt be used to transfer his super powers to some one else.

let's see:
                            Chloe isn't in the scene
                            Can't be tommy lee or the twins that's been done before.

superlana???

sadly enough if it happened lana still wouldn't find out the secret.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hyde
                              Timester is right. This episode has it all. A freak, that is more of a comic book 'villain', the Lex & Lionel relationship reversed, the consequences of the meteor shower (Kent house), Chloe's encounter with Kryptonian technology, Lex's character, Clark and Lana's relationship, level 3 ...

continuity all over it. They are trying to tie up loose ends.
                              Yeppers. I'm looking forward to this episode more than the premiere.

The downside is Chloe and Lana (may) not know Clark's secret. Chloe goes to the friggin' arctic with Clarksomehow she and Clark haven't talked. I don't know how tptb will swing that. I don't care, really. I thought the whole, "I know your secret Nana Nana Boo Boo" crap should have been over by finale. Lana saw two aliens get out of a spaceship. She saw them use their powers. She assisted Clark (who she saw battling them) with the of green meteor. Lana not knowing seems completely implausibile without the use of familar memory loss or mind wipes.

Comment

• Can't the PTB just give us 3 or 4 non-FotW episodes to kick of the season? Just to give some hope to us? This reminds me a lot of Season 4, where we had Crusade sounding great, then Gone a bit poorer, and then Devoted and Facade? What kinda way is that to launch a new season?

My image of this episode is horrible now - Tommy Lee Jones and the Olsen Twins with bog-standard FotW powers.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎