Collapse
No announcement yet.

horrible ending to a horrible season.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just to say- Lois was in the 'Superboy' comics and she came to Smallville in Clark's teenage years as a rival love interest against Lana. Smallville is more based on 'Superboy' comics than the Superman ones.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveS
      In the first place, the rules of the forum specifically state that people are entitled to freely express their differing opinions and that no poster has a right to tell someone not to post.

Later I will be back to express some thoughts on Lois in Smallville.
      thank you steve s,that childish behaviour from that first poster was totally uncalled for,if he cant stand a differing opinion,he shouldnt be here.

Originally posted by Lana_Lang #1
      First off, I was a little bit worried when they mentioned Lois coming on the show, but I for one think that Lois' addition to the Smallville cast was completely genius. Her constant arguments and witty banter are both refreshing from the "Everyone in Smallville loves and worships Clark thing" and very reminiscent of their future Lois and Clark relationship.

I actually applaud her living with the Kents, she adds some comic relief to their very serious lives, and sometimes lends some support to Chloe and Clark like in "Devoted' and "Blank".

Everyone here loves this show with all our hearts, and if all you are gonna do is attack it like this and think it's so bad then what the hell are you doing here? Really, get out! No one needs or wants to hear this kind of thing and personally I'm glad that YOU aren't gonna watch the show anymore because then we won't have to hear any more of this cr@p.

Oh and by the way, Alfred Gough and Miles Millar said in an interview that Smallville will at least be going up until season six and the actors have a seven year contract with Smallville and the WB.

A) First, Lana actually did fight pretty well compared to the fact that she was totally caught off guard by her boyfriend's mother Genevieve's surprise attack (who would expect that?) and the fact that she's 18 and Genevieve's what mid 40's??? Genevieve is more experienced in killing as it appeared that she coached Jason through killing Brigette Crosby.

Jason "You were right, Lex cleaned up the mess just like you said he would...I love you too mother" Eck gross!

B) Secondly Jason did not get shot in the heart, the bullet entered his body above his heart, nearer to his shoulder, an actually very survivable shot.

Part two: Jason did not falls 100 stories, he was shot then fell and the water cushioned his fall, in theory the water would help clean the wound and help revitalize/refresh Jason a bit.

Part three: Jason knows he's gonna die (techically his character has to before the end of the season) so because it turns out he is a mama's boy and has a creepy mother-son relationship (Ewww) he just wants to make his mother proud/happy plus he's panicking because he can't find her so he wants to get the stones for her and he knows about Clark's connection to the stones.

Lex "Clark has nothing to do with any of this"

Jason in Forever "No! Don't you see? Clark is more connected to his than any of us! The caves, the symbol on his barn, the symbol burned into the field, his relationship with Virgil Swann, his going to China. You wanna know the truth about Clark, your farm boy friend, he's a..." (Or something along those lines).

Personally I think that Commencement was one of the best episodes of Smallville to date, the storylines were either beautifully tied up or intersected to produce thrilling and heart pumping cliffhangers. I also think that this was one Smallville's strongest seasons with fan favourite hits like "Crusade", "Devoted", "Run", "Transference", "Jinx", "Spell", the Alicia ark, "Krypto", "Onyx", "Spirit","Blank", and "Commencement".

Smallville's gonna keep going and as far as I'm concern it can only get better with every season.
      a genius? so you could care less if this show betrayes the superman mythos? okay I see,wow what a true superman fan.NOTTTT.everyone obviously doesnt love this show because I am here posting,I loved it till this season obvidouly,no more though.applaud her living with the kents? again its sad you dont care how they screw up the superman mythos.
      so what if it wasnt the heat and he landed in the water,its still not at all believeable.no if you dont like criticism of the show,then you get out.this is a free message board. asurprise attack from an unexperienced lady makes her a tough villian? wow whatever. jason could have avoided dying by not being concerend about the stones,so give me a break,that is a weak argument.come on Lionel I can see being obsessed about the stones and not caring about dying but jason? please give me a break.

Originally posted by KryptoniteJem
      Lana_Lang#1, you said all the things I was dying to say!! Kudos to you.

As for Lana being able to fight a big guy and not able to fight Genevieve - for one, she was ready for that big guy and he didn't put up much of a fight, as for Genevieve, she was being choked, thrown against walls and her hair being repeatedly pulled - she was flustered, and she didn't want to do big damage to HER BOYFRIENDS MOTHER!

As for Lois, at first I was against it, but like it was mentioned before, she brings comic relief.

If you don't want to watch the show anymore that's so fine by us, but if you saw Smallville going downhill for the first three seasons, why the heck do you continue to watch it if you think it's soooo horrible?

KJ
      well its hard to walk away from a show that I loved for 3 years and it had some ood episodes this year despite her so I stcuk with it this year but this latest moronic LOis Lane idea is the last straw so I wont be watching this show anymore the way they have ruined the superman mythos.

I agree that was out of line!
      what the first poster said was out of line and gee,cant you guys take a joke? I didnt mean it literally. but it really is sickening that these writers have ruined the superman mythos with this stupid Lois thing.

Originally posted by Kal El
      Althoug I respect your opinion, I disagree. But I understand your reaction, mine was the same after I saw that latest seaon of Charmed, so I understand what is like to not like one season at all.

First of all, yeah, you're right. This season was a little bit lower than the first two, but for me, it was way better than season 3, and I think the it owes it to the witch plotline. That was just not a good idea. Witches belonge somewhere and kryptonians somewhere else, not in the same show.
      But this season had some great scores, like the stones story, the Alicia arc, bringing characters like Flash and Mxyzptlk.
      I didn't like that this season seemed to me like lousy remakes from other shows or movies (Charmed, Hocus Pocus, or whatever witch movie in 4.08 Spell; one of the episodes of Birds Of Prey was identical to 4.20 Ageless; episode 4.21 Forever sounded like the House of Wax movie caused quite an impresion to the writers...) but still, it was great.

About the Lois Lane thing, well, I'm not much of a comic reader (I intend to be, since I wank to see more about the Fortress of Solitude thing) like much of Smallville viewers, so, most of us didn't even know that Lois wasn't supposed to make her appearance, so it was fine by me.

About Jason, it was pretty clear he was shot in the shoulder, and don't forget that greed can always blind people's sight, that's why neither Lex, lionel or Jason worried about the meteor shower. Something similar happened in season one, when Lionel didn't mind the tornado to go and warn Lex about buying the company.

And as for Lana fighing Genevieve, well, don't forget Lana only took a few kick boxing lessosns to kick some guy's @$$, but she didn't have any special training like Lois, for example, and certainly not to fight a woman who has clearly murdered someone with her own hands before.

As I said, I don't agree with you, but I respect your opinion, and this is not only a forum for fans, but for Smallville viewers in general.
      thanks for coming on and being respectful of my opinion,I appreciate that.but are you forgetting whast she did to that boyfriend of hers when she was tryinng to kill chloe that one time? she twisted his ankle and took him out easily.so that was inexcusable.yeah now that I think about it,your right,it was in the shoulder and I guess him living doesnt upset me that much now now that i think about it,but this whole Lois Lane saying to clark hey smallville is just so stupid and has made the show really stupid now.I stand corrected that he was shot in the shoulder and landed in water,I can see him surviving that,but come Lana should easily and effortlessly handled jasons mom.that was poor writing big time.

AGAIN thanks for respecting my opinion and not attacking me so chilidishly like that first poster did.

Lois or No Lois. This has not been a horrible season and "Commencement" was definitely not a horrible episode. I stand my what I said in post 2 of this hread!
      so you dont care about acting so chilidish huh? wow you sure have a lot of credibility,you obviously dont respect others who have a differing opionion than you.that says a whole lot about you.

Originally posted by rocky_841
      my opinion, lana took down two big guys so far. guy in precipice, well he underestimated her and was in an awkward position (in fake bandages and plasters and all. Van in extinction, well he was looking at clark and lana kicked him from behind. he didnt see that coming. GT had a gun pointed at lana in the beginning, and had she in a hold later on, and thats where strength comes in more important than technique. strengthwise GT is stronger than lana.

about lois, my opinion, yes she does bring comic relief, but the writers could have achieved that without ruining the superman myth, bigtime. for that matter they could just use some other name for erica durances character the do the same things and have the same comic relief, couldnt they? why did they have to ruin the myth? secondly, the writers destroyed the lois character by showing her to be an annoying brat. lois isnt like that. lois is a likeable adorable person, like teri hatcher portrayed. not the idiot that erica portrayed. there have been episodes in this season where i wished that lois would die, she was that annoying and shameless. examples? gone (the way she behaved as if nothing happened and she owns the place after she got caught with clark in the bathroom. is that supposed to be funny? i thought it was audacious), then devoted (so she thinks she is real smart does she?), then krypto (the clark teasing way out of line) then crusade (she barges in and starts drinking coffee and starts upstairs to clarks room like she owns the place??? wtf) then recruit there are others where her annoyance level is comparatively low. yes there have been episodes where lois was likable, but those are few and far between. such as pariah, lucy, commencement.

i know many will talk about how the writers brought in lex too. thats acceptable for 3 reasons. the myth doesnt say anything about where lex spent his years when clark was a teenager, so thats unexplored territory, and the writers are okay to take advantage of that. secondly lex is an important part of the show, he adds a LOT to the storyline, he is NEEDED in smallville, but lois REALLY isnt. the comic relief could be done in a 100 other ways using a 100 other madeup characters. thirdly the writers managed to portray his character very smartly and didnt ruin it unlike they did lois's.

just my opinion

very well spoken rocky,thats exactly why it was such a horrible idea for Lois to be on this show.yopu are so right,bringing in Lois Lane unlike Lex Luther,ruins the superman myth Big Time!!! damn these writers for doing that to a legend.

Originally posted by SteveS
      Way to go, Rocky, you captured all those instances that turned me completely off to Lois of Smallville. Never had thought of her character with a different name, but I find that acceptable. Sounds fine, keep her own, show a new name, and let her continue to flounder around as she has thus far. Then the Lois Lane name gets saved for a better person and character. (Chloe would work)

exactly.Give durance a different character name to come and live with the kents.I thought of that a long time ago myself,too bad these idiot writers never did.could have kept this show from betraying the superman myth like it has.

is gonna change your mind on this. [/B][/QUOTE] [QUOTE]Originally posted by Lord Rae
      [B]some people aren't happy unless they are complaining... completely uncomfortable enjoying something without weighing it against everything you've ever known, seen and experienced... just enjoy the show... or change the channel.

For the record I despise the superman comics. Never has anything so boring lasted so long past its prime.

But I don't buy the comics. I don't read it and I certainly don't go to comic boards and post my dislike of it. Actually its because of the comics and the movies that I didn't even watch Smallville until basically this year. I started watching right before the season 3 box set came out... and I really enjoyed it.

I could live without Lana being the center of the smallville universe and with the exception of 1 episode I thought Lois was a great addition to a cast that was threatening to become stale.

Meh... but you don't care. You'd rather just have something to complain about. And its obvious no one

your trying to be funny right? the show was just fine like it was before she came along,it was never endangered of going stale.it HAS become stale with her on the show though,that stupid line of-Hey smallville! has gotten real old and tiresome. where did you come up witht hat lie that I am not happy unless I am complaing about something? I loved this show and said nothing but great things about it the first 3 years before the writers ruined it with Lois Lane,that hardly sounds like someone who isnt happy becayse they are saying nothing but great things about the show Like I did the first 3 years.what kind of logic is that!!!!!

you are right about one thing though,unlike the bullet thing which a few people id change my mind on,nobody here is going to change my mind that this is a horrible season because of Lois Lane.
      Last edited by hal baby; 09-22-2005, 02:31 PM.

Comment

It seems obvious to me that Hal_baby is angry at the producers and writers of the show for what he perceives as ruining the "Superman mythos" ... whatever that is. I felt the same way when I saw Lois and Clark introduce the romance between Clark/Superman and Lois.

I read Superman comics when I was a kid (in fact, the last Superman comic book I bought cost me 10 cents), and believe me there was no romance between Superman and anyone. And Clark was too bumbline (of course it was an act) to ever get close to any girl. So please let me ask: was this romance introduced into the comic book storyline? ...or was that just a Lois and Clark phenomenon?

Someone mentioned their distaste for copying other series, and I have to agree. But it looks like next season they're going to be copying Dukes of Hazzard.

I've also heard a lot of praise for the writing, and I just wanted to ask how good of a writer does it take for a line like this: After Chloe learns Clark's secret, she asks Lois something like:
        "If you know something about someone that they didn't want you to know, would you tell them?" That entire scene was good dialog until Los asks Chloe if she is the one with the secret. Did she expect Chloe to answer: "Yes, it's me. Do you think I should tell myself that I know?"

But through it all, it's my favorite TV series and I'll continue watching it to the end. In fact I have recorded every episode except one. I missed episode 2 of the fourth season. Maybe I can get it when the reruns begin for season four. Here in Peru, they skipped episode 2 in the current reruns.

Comment

Great finale for a subpar season.

Comment

I agree with hal baby in the fact that I don't think Lois should be on Smallville, but the more I watch, the more I start to like Lois. I am a strong believer in that Lana and Clark should be together right now, not Lois and Clark. As long as they are just friends, I don't see the problem with them knowing eachother and becoming friends. If the producers kept everything the same as the comics and movies it would be boring because it has all been done before.

I also think that saying the writers should be shot is totally out of line and shows the maturity level of that person. Just because you don't like how the show is written or whatever you didn't like, doesn't mean you can just go around saying you want people dead. Totally uncalled for.

Comment

OK, There are just way too many responses to read through, so I am just gonna post blindly. At first I was a bit skeptic about Lois coming in this early, but I realized something...I don't see this show as a prequel to the movies. The movies are something different, and considering the sequels weren't that good, why connect Smallville to those sequels? This is a reinterpretation, a retelling. A modernized version of an old story. I watch Smallville knowing that SUperman is the end result, but I have the mindset that this is a never-before told story, and in that respect, it keeps me entertained.

Comment

wasn't this thread originally about the season 4 finale. o well. i think that the witch story line and bringing lois in were two huge mistakes, however that doesn't change the fact that there were some really entertaining and interesting episodes in s4. also the finale was the best so far. i mean come on. clark goes to the FOS(Hooraaay), a weird ship lands in smallville(cool), lex admits hes becoming evil(u go lex) personally i think that a lot of s4 was filler eps, and that s5 will be alot better.
                yeah the whole lois on smallville thing does ruin the mythology, and shouldn't have been done, the problem is it seemed to me like it was a very rash decision and should have been more carefully examined before actually going through with it. or they could've showed her in like 2-3 eps and then no more, cause obviously she couldve forgot all about clark by the time they meet in metropolis. but thats not what they did, and although i'm unhappy with it, i will continue to watch smallville because i believe that the writers will do a much better job this season.

Comment

Originally posted by DGreen
                  ...and although i'm unhappy with it, i will continue to watch smallville because i believe that the writers will do a much better job this season.
                  Well next week everyone in the US can find out, but I still have to wait 6 more weeks before season 5 starts here. But I think you're probably right. I think the coming season promises to be the best yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Kal El
                    I disagree with you there. I'll explain you why:

Presonally, I love Smallville, seriously, I do, I love it, but I didn't like this season as much as the rest, but I still loved many episodes in it, and I don't think you're right when you say that if I didin't like one, ONE episode, like the finale, I don't have the right to come into a discussion boards and express that I'm not happy about it. After al, it IS a discussion board, and people do have the right to say if they didn't like certain episode rather than having the short minded options of "enjoy the show or cahnge the channel", don't you think?

-----

Now, about the finale, at first I liked it, I mean, while you're watching it you really are at the edge of your seat wondering what happens next. The problem? After the episode is over, and you cool down and think about it, you end up wondering why were you all exited about, nothing really happened plotwise, and the exitement came more from the special effects of the meteor shower than from the argument of the show, that's were I find it disappointing. In previous seasons, the argument is what shines over all.

But of course, I should've changed the channel instead of come here and say I didn't like it, right? Because if you don't love every single episode, why do you even post?

well said again Kal el.I liked some of the episodes in it as well such as the season premiere,that was the best season preimere ever in my opinion,but most were really dissapointing though.It had some good moments in it,the season finale,some that i really liked,but I just cant get past those two stupid moments of Lana struggling with Jasons mom,when again,she should easily have been able to handle her,and jason being more concerend about the stones instead of staying alive.Give me a break.now I can see where he could have survived the gunshot and the fall,I have been persuaded that that was plausible,but these other two things were just so stupid that I just cant get past on. yeah according to that guy,it looks like you should have just changed the channnel though if you did not like that episode and say you didnt like it or express that opinion.Man some people.

Originally posted by DGreen
                    wasn't this thread originally about the season 4 finale. o well. i think that the witch story line and bringing lois in were two huge mistakes, however that doesn't change the fact that there were some really entertaining and interesting episodes in s4. also the finale was the best so far. i mean come on. clark goes to the FOS(Hooraaay), a weird ship lands in smallville(cool), lex admits hes becoming evil(u go lex) personally i think that a lot of s4 was filler eps, and that s5 will be alot better.
                    yeah the whole lois on smallville thing does ruin the mythology, and shouldn't have been done, the problem is it seemed to me like it was a very rash decision and should have been more carefully examined before actually going through with it. or they could've showed her in like 2-3 eps and then no more, cause obviously she couldve forgot all about clark by the time they meet in metropolis. but thats not what they did, and although i'm unhappy with it, i will continue to watch smallville because i believe that the writers will do a much better job this season.
                    great post Dgreen.yeah the witch story seemed like a weird idea and you are so right,bringing in Lois WAS a HUGE mistake!!!!! and she just ruins the whole mythology,brilliantly spoken my man.But no after living with clark and seeing him so often,no,she wouldnt have been able to forget him,this bad and rash decision should have been examined more closely.you are so right about that.Best post on this thread yet.well said.
                    Last edited by hal baby; 09-24-2005, 01:09 PM.

Comment

qoute:I could live without Lana being the center of the smallville universe and with the exception of 1 episode I thought Lois was a great addition to a cast that was threatening to become stale.

I agree I dunt care wat anyone says or thinks lois did NOTHING to effect the storyline,pacing, and mild humour this show contains. I think by introducing her now in the fourth season people will grow to her, and it won't seeem so corny as if they introduced her later on. If they did, it would seem like they're trying to rush in all the elements that are in the superman comics and movies all at once.

Comment

i am not a big lois fan so far, but her final scene in this ep was really high drama. maybe it's a little bit of a stretch, but when she stood atop that hill looking down at the spectacle of a destroyed and burning smallville, the last scene before the intermission to the movie "gone w/the wind" came to mind, when scarlet o'hare was standing on a hill, with the setting sun behind her, amidst the remains of her civil war-torn plantation, Tara. there are more differences than similarities between these two movie moments, but i thought they each approached something of the sublime - or at least hinted at the sublime.

"commencement" was a great ep, a great cliffhanger and in a word, SUPER!

Comment

I thought that Commencement was one of the best episodes that the show has had.

Comment

I don't get how anyone can say this is ruining the Superman mythos...it's not trying to "tie in" to any other medium of the legend...it's all by itself.

Forget the comics; forget the movies; forget the cartoons; forget the past tv shows, ect.

This is the Smallville universe, they can do whatever they want.

Their Lois Lane is in part of the game early on...it's okay isn't it? It's their world.

Comment

I actually loved the episode. I thought it was really great. And I don't care what you all think because I think this was the best season finale and the second best season(NOT INCLUDING SEASON 5)

Comment

The ending is amazing. he throws the crystal & we hear a fantastic score and it says " to be continued...." AMAZING

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎