Collapse
No announcement yet.

horrible ending to a horrible season.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't believe that someone considers "Commencement" to be a horrible finale. It certainly wasn't the best season -- the elements/witches storyline really dragged on and bored me, as did the introduction of Jason Teague -- but I thought that the finale ROCKED and setting things up for Season 5 and had some spectacular special effects and cliffhanger moments. The second meteor shower was super-cool, and brought out some great moments for Clark to swoop in and save the day, plus use his crystal to be transported to the Arctic, which would end up constructing the fortress. Lana and the black ship, Chloe saving Clark and then her and Lex being down in the caves when Clark gets teleported, Martha, Jonathan, and Jason in the farmhouse when a meteor comes crashing through the roof, Lionel getting zapped into a weird catatonic state by one of the elements... There was so much that I enjoyed about this episode, not to mention the great Chlark moments. It's one of my favorite episodes of Smallville ever, though everyone is entitled to their opinion.

--SGuthrie ><>' --

Comment

I so don't agree with this

Season 4 is one of my fav seasons and Commencement is on my top two season finales

Comment

Season 4 wasn't my favorite season, but it was book ended with two of my fav eps ever, Crusade & Commencement. Not only is Commencement my fav finale, it's also my fav ep ever!! The ending with Clark throwing the crystal always gives me chills.

Comment

for me it goes S8, 4, 7, 6, 5, 3, 2, 1

Comment

Originally posted by GENERALzod777
            Are you talking about season finales from best to worst?

Comment

I am talking about seasons... and i guess finales too, come to think of it.

Comment

Commencement is the best of SV's season Finales, followed by Covenant and Phantom.

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by GENERALzod777
                Doomsday was the "best" Finale? Holy stinkin' fish, Batman!!!!
                Last edited by skully; 04-22-2010, 11:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by SGuthrie27
                  I can't believe that someone considers "Commencement" to be a horrible finale. It certainly wasn't the best season -- the elements/witches storyline really dragged on and bored me, as did the introduction of Jason Teague -- but I thought that the finale ROCKED and setting things up for Season 5 and had some spectacular special effects and cliffhanger moments. The second meteor shower was super-cool, and brought out some great moments for Clark to swoop in and save the day, plus use his crystal to be transported to the Arctic, which would end up constructing the fortress. Lana and the black ship, Chloe saving Clark and then her and Lex being down in the caves when Clark gets teleported, Martha, Jonathan, and Jason in the farmhouse when a meteor comes crashing through the roof, Lionel getting zapped into a weird catatonic state by one of the elements... There was so much that I enjoyed about this episode, not to mention the great Chlark moments. It's one of my favorite episodes of Smallville ever, though everyone is entitled to their opinion.

--SGuthrie ><>' --
                  I dug the set-ups for Season 5 in this finale as well. You are right about the witch arc dragging, and there being no real pay off (or setup really) for Jason and Mama Teague. Granted, the payoff part is due to the actor getting a role on a new show at that time.

But the cliffhangers with all the characters were extremely well down and deserved for their respective storylines.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎