Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing It Up

I've noticed that a lot of the threads have turned into either: a)spoiler & speculation for season two OR b)love/hate of a specific character... often around Logan. As much as I do enjoy Logan and spoilers/speculation... I'm wondering if we can add some more topics to our little group.
    Perhaps discussing a theme that runs throughout the series (ex: girl in a man's world, bad mothers, fake outsiders, tough exteriors to protect mushy insides, etc.), the development of a character over season one, pop culture references and language in season one, or the significance of music in season one. I don't know if anyone else is interested... but I think it would be nice to change it up. Especially since we likely won't be getting too many spoilers again until August.

hey YQ22 sometimes were on the same wavelength, other times it seems we are about to start WWIII, I like it, too much fun. I agree with you, and will give some thought to what you said. great points in there.

Comment

No WWIII here... only disagreement over certain issues... usually around Logan.

Anyway... just trying to figure out if anyone else is interested in discussing any of the above mentioned topics. If so, I'm happy to start threads talking about them.

Comment

it was only a little joke, I enjoy the banter between us, I like your insight and enjoy talking about a show we both love. I am still thinking about new topics to discuss.

Comment

Joking as well.... feel free to pick any topic above or come up with a new one.

Comment

great were both jokesters I like the tough exterior but mushy inside thread, that pretty much describes much of the main cast and should make for good banter.

Comment

k... will start it... unless you beat me to it!!!

Comment

ladies first.

Comment

Thanks... done AND DONE!!!!

Comment

Don't forget symbolics!! Joss Whedon filled BtVS with symbols and hints to what was to come. Has anybody noticed any throughout VM (besides the 3:07 thing). I'd be interested in delving into that topic a little more thouroughly.

Comment

This is a great idea! If you haven't noticed already...I'm getting really annoyed by all the newbies (sorry!) and their repetitiveness. This forum has become one big discussion about who's at the freakin' door and whether V should be with Logan or Duncan.

I'd love if we could get some new interesting discussions going.

Comment

I agree Clarkoholic... I'm also missing the old timers... you, Mysticles, and New Age Jesus... the originals... seem to have become extinct... or almost extinct. Anyway... I started a new thread... so please comment... and maybe once a week I'll start a new theme/symbol thread just to keep some new interesting discussions going. I am getting sick of talking about whose at the door and whether we love or hate Logan!

Comment

Originally posted by clarkoholic
                          This is a great idea! If you haven't noticed already...I'm getting really annoyed by all the newbies (sorry!) and their repetitiveness. This forum has become one big discussion about who's at the freakin' door and whether V should be with Logan or Duncan.

I'd love if we could get some new interesting discussions going.
                          So aren't new users so welcome then, you know it's the cliqueiness that destroys forums

Comment

New users are welcome... we are just feeling frustrated that the forum has become so focused on one or two things... mainly revolving around Logan. So we are trying to spruce it up a bit. I think there is also some frustration over the repetative threads, the spoilers being placed in regular threads, and the bad mouthing that has begun. You are more then welcome and I certainly don't want a clique.
                            Maybe what we need is some moderator control in here... or some more. Perhaps limit all spoiler threads to the spoiler area. And then keep an eye on new threads and how people are communicating.
                            Please don't be offended Laura or Newbies... bear with all of us as we try to make the forum work!!!

Comment

Originally posted by laura82_1888
                              So aren't new users so welcome then, you know it's the cliqueiness that destroys forums
                              I said I'm annoyed that the new users don't search for threads. They get an idea and start a thread without searching to see if there is an existing one.

It states in the KryptonSite Forum Rules (which are the same for NeptuneSite) -
                              3. Search around to see if your question has been answered, or if a topic you want to discuss is already being talked about in an existing thread. We are trying not to have different threads talking about the same thing. If not, ask a moderator.

I said no such thing about not newbies not being welcome. There's no reason a new user can't go into an existing thread and join the topic or add to it. I also said nothing about cliques.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎