Lane Smith Memorial Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

That really sucks... But i know people that have had ALS and i bet it is a relief to his family not to see him suffer anymore. Every once in a while, i will say "Great Shades of Elvis" and sometimes i forget that i learned that phrase on Lois and Clark. Mr. Smith was also in 2 of my all time favorite movies. One was The Mighty Ducks, and the other was a smalll indie movie titled, The War at Home. He was an awesome actor and will be truly missed. May god bless his soul and help his family through this difficult time.

Comment

He was a good actor and was very good as Perry.I remember that 1 ep where everyone got 'romantically stimulated'-I think it was the one with Morgan Fairchild and that perfume-and he dressed as Elvis and went to that womans apartment-knocked on the door-and started singing 'Hunka Hunka Burning Love'-and her husband answered and punched him-that was hilarious.Or when he was yelling at everyone at the Planet and theyre all running around and they show a close up of him and his face changes from a scowl to a wide smile and he says "I love the smell of fear in the newsroom" RIP Lane!

Comment

I remember watching Mr. Smith on Lois & Clark as a kid, when I was only 7 years old. He helped make a Superman fan out of me, and he also helped make me the devoted Smallville fan I am today. I am sorry to hear that he is gone. He will be missed.

- Tiff

Comment

I'm so sadden by this. My heart ached when reading the news on Kryptonsite.

My prayers and thoughts go out to his family.

God bless, Lane.

Comment

I just read the news of Lane Smith's passing and it is very sad. I just bought the first season of Lois and Clark and I always remembered how good he was at playing Perry White. He brought alot of fun and Energy to the role and always looked like he was having lots of fun doing the show and most of the time he got the funniest lines in the episode and sometimes the most dramatic lines.

From The Episode: Barbarians at the Planet

Lex: It's a sad day.

Perry: Actually it's a historic one. For the first time in 219 years their will be no edition of the Daily Planet.

I just loved the way he said that line and I've always remembered it all of these years. It was one of the scenes I was imediatly searching for on the DVD. Great shades of Elvis he will be missed.

Rest In Peace Mr. Smith,

-Jade

Comment

Germany is in mourning for a great actor.
              He was the first Perry White I've got to know.
              May he rest in peace.

Comment

I remember Lane Smith from the V television series. He played Nathan Bates, and did a good job too.

My best wishes for his family.

McJ

Comment

Also in Belgium (Europe) we miss him already. That he may have found Elvis now. I wish his family a lot of courage in this hard days.

Peejay

Comment

Originally posted by peejay
                    Also in Belgium (Europe) we miss him already. That he may have found Elvis now. I wish his family a lot of courage in this hard days.

Peejay
                    Lane Smith passing is very sad indeed. He had such a tremedous presence on screen, it hard to believe he's gone. Ladies and gentleman "Loney Teardrops"

0/~ "My Heart Keeps Cryn Cryn 0/~

Comment

Awww that's sad... makes me feel bad.

Comment

This guy is a legend for his Perry White loving Elvis he did I will always remeber him

Comment

Saw this at a Lois and Clark board, it's from People Magazine:

Comment

i can't believe he died. i thought he would get better soon. lane is in a better place now, were nothing can hurt him. rest in peace "Chief".

Comment

To the family and fans of Lane Smith my deepest sympathy is extended to you all at his passing. We were blessed to have him and may he be at peace.

Comment

i was sorry 2 hear about this last nite. this has been on the board 4ever but i never knew that lane smith played perry in lois and clark till i got the dvds this week. he was and is the best perry ever and i will 4ever be grateful 2 him 4 making lois and clark the greatest show ever.

God bless him and his family!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎