Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 55
  1. #16
    New In Town
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    3
    I have to agree with "The Seer". It will be the Eradicator. In the comics the Eradicator Program was activated. The machine looked like Superman/Clark. The Eradicator was teaching Superman/Clark about Krypton. The program/Eradicator use to fly standing upright as well. In fact the program started to convert Metroplis into a New Krypton and it almost took over Superman/Clark. Superman had to battle the program and due a little damage control since the program looked like him. This would fit in with the Segeth/Naman. Naman - Superman/Clark would come from the skies first or would it be Segeth/Eradicator from the skies. Since now you have two identical people who is the good Clark/Superman and who will be the evil Clark/Eradicator. It is just how long would Miles and Millar play this out in Season 5.

    Now I know that they have bent the rules like the flights and no tights but I am glad. Clark should be flying. He was flying as a teenager in the comics. He needs to start flying in Season 5. Plus I feel that Miles and Millar have been following the comic mythology and taking some ideas from the Lois and Clark series as well. It will not be Zod in the ship. In the comics and the movies Zod and his henchmen were banished to the phatom zone as adults when Clark/Superman was an infant. If Zod was to come down to Earth now. Clark would not even have a chance. Clark as a teenager vs three superpowered Kryptonian Adults. In addition, Zod had vow vengenance on the House of El. Zod would search and destroy Clark/Superman as soon as he stepped on to Earth. In my opinion it will be the Eradicator.

  2. #17
    Registered User mvblacnyte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 04
    Posts
    1,070
    Originally posted by Clark89
    I have to agree with "The Seer". It will be the Eradicator. In the comics the Eradicator Program was activated. The machine looked like Superman/Clark. The Eradicator was teaching Superman/Clark about Krypton. The program/Eradicator use to fly standing upright as well. In fact the program started to convert Metroplis into a New Krypton and it almost took over Superman/Clark. Superman had to battle the program and due a little damage control since the program looked like him. This would fit in with the Segeth/Naman. Naman - Superman/Clark would come from the skies first or would it be Segeth/Eradicator from the skies. Since now you have two identical people who is the good Clark/Superman and who will be the evil Clark/Eradicator. It is just how long would Miles and Millar play this out in Season 5.

    Now I know that they have bent the rules like the flights and no tights but I am glad. Clark should be flying. He was flying as a teenager in the comics. He needs to start flying in Season 5. Plus I feel that Miles and Millar have been following the comic mythology and taking some ideas from the Lois and Clark series as well. It will not be Zod in the ship. In the comics and the movies Zod and his henchmen were banished to the phatom zone as adults when Clark/Superman was an infant. If Zod was to come down to Earth now. Clark would not even have a chance. Clark as a teenager vs three superpowered Kryptonian Adults. In addition, Zod had vow vengenance on the House of El. Zod would search and destroy Clark/Superman as soon as he stepped on to Earth. In my opinion it will be the Eradicator.
    In the beginning of the Eradicator storyline, it didn't look like a person at all. It was a small device that was similar in appearance to a Kryptonian birthing matrix. It contained the knowledge of Krypton, and did help to instruct Clark on his heritage, even if it was sometimes cryptic. Sound like a variation on anyone we know? Like, a disembodied voice in a cave wall?

    Whether the peron in the ship, if there is one, is Zod or not, it doesn't rule out it being another Kryptonian criminal. I've said this MANY times before. Zod, Quex-Ul, and Faora (or Non and Ursa, if you go by the movies) were by no means the only criminals in the PZ, nor were they the only ones Clark ever encountered. In fact, at one time when he was a young Superboy, a pair of Kryptonian con artists convinced him they were his biological parents and that Jor-El and Lara weren't.

    Then again... perhaps, just perhaps, the ship isn't a ship, but a container for various Kryptonian devices. At another point in the comics, a container holding a big bunch of Jor-El's inventions fell to Earth. One of the most important items it held was <gasp> a Phantom Zone Projector! The first one Superboy ever had any experience with. He was inadvertently zapped into the PZ, and had to rely on dear ol' dad (not Jor-El, of course) to get him out.

    As I've said before and will undoubtedly say again... I'm not promoting any of these ideas. I'm just pointing out that the possibilities exist.

  3. #18
    Incurable Postaholic
    Join Date
    Aug 03
    Location
    Hoosier state
    Posts
    4,004
    Word to that. Clark is past the time when he should be flying. He should be experimenting and trying even if he flounders and fails at first or most of the time initially. The no flights thing is ridiculous at this point and they need to admit it.

    Beyond that, according to the legend we've already gotten, Clark is Naman and Lex is Segeeth. His great enemy, in whose grasp the magic (Kryptonian) knife will disintegrate as a way of identifying him was either Lionel or Lex and since Lex is the one, after all, that was once as close as a brother to Clark, it's got to be him.

    I doubt Jor-El would be concerned about PZ criminals escaping since I'd think the Eradicator would constitute the greater threat. The criminals might try to rule and they'd certainly hurt people and cause damage but they'd need the Earth to survive intact or they'd be destroyed with it. The Eradicator, however, could try to destroy or remake Earth into the image of Krypton, obliterating humanity in the process if need be.

    Why the black ship would zero in on Lana? Perhaps because she caused the mess ultimately by using the Kryptonian artifact to kill Genevieve Teague, attracting its attention. For that matter, why did Lana lose her tattoo when she killed her? Too many questions as yet.

  4. #19
    Forum Regular
    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Posts
    153
    I agree with posters on Eradicator, and I think it's most plausible that Eradicator looks like CK - Kal El. I supposed they could make a mysterious hologram or robot pop out, but it just seems more likely to look like CK.

    Taking off where the finale left off - maybe an episode of strange interaction with Lana (enough confusion for her to think CK's his bad self again) and then Eradicator is off to Arctic to take the Crystal and build the FOS.

    By the time CK gets back, Lana will have a new boyfriend of the year, and everyone will puke and stop watching the show. . except for CLana haters.

    Nobody knows but the writers, so maybe it's worth a good poll? Eradicator, Zod, Braniac, Hologram, Robot?
    Last edited by mikeobrien; 06-04-2005 at 11:49 AM.

  5. #20
    Banned Hyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 04
    Location
    Pick a place
    Posts
    2,552
    It would be great to have another bad Kal there

  6. #21
    Forum Regular
    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Posts
    153
    Yeah, from what I've read, TW likes to play the Kal role, and my wife was amused by it when Kal was in full force in the first episodes of season 3 and season 4.

    I think Kal is good for ratings as long as it doesn't screw the season plotline up. I really wish this next year they would follow a more adult plotline instead of the FOW/X Files type of wierdness. The opportunity is there for a good plotline now they've graduated and can be adults and spend more time in Metropolis.

    Maybe this new villain that gives "pause" even to Lionel will make for a good season long plotline to keep from the FOW stuff.
    Last edited by mikeobrien; 06-04-2005 at 11:56 AM.

  7. #22
    Forum Regular Sasafrass452's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 05
    Posts
    165
    Yeah, I could see that happening.


    Originally posted by mikeobrien
    Maybe this new villain that gives "pause" even to Lionel will make for a good season long plotline to keep from the FOW stuff.

  8. #23
    Board Master LanaandPete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 03
    Posts
    2,812
    The no kryptonian rule was a DC comics rules while the No flights, no tights was an Almiles rule, which they can break. DC would have to allow this

  9. #24
    New In Town
    Join Date
    May 05
    Posts
    9
    Ok, lets for a second, suspend reality and persume that the No Kryptonian Rule is out the window. And the ship does contain a Kryptonian.

    I would still not be Zod. I'll tell you why. The new Superman movie.

    In the new superman movie, superman returns after 12 years (or so) absence. He left because he didn't want any other kryptonians finding earth while looking for him. This is a WB movie, and is supposed to be set right after Supes 2.

    So, EVEN IF THEY COULD SHOW A KRYPTONIAN

    Read this next part very slowly.

    ITS NOT ZOD!

  10. #25
    Forum Regular Sasafrass452's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 05
    Posts
    165
    It's 6 yrs, not 12.


    Originally posted by Zero_rence
    In the new superman movie, superman returns after 12 years (or so) absence.

  11. #26
    Registered User mvblacnyte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 04
    Posts
    1,070
    Originally posted by Zero_rence
    Ok, lets for a second, suspend reality and persume that the No Kryptonian Rule is out the window. And the ship does contain a Kryptonian.

    I would still not be Zod. I'll tell you why. The new Superman movie.

    In the new superman movie, superman returns after 12 years (or so) absence. He left because he didn't want any other kryptonians finding earth while looking for him. This is a WB movie, and is supposed to be set right after Supes 2.

    So, EVEN IF THEY COULD SHOW A KRYPTONIAN

    Read this next part very slowly.

    ITS NOT ZOD!
    OK... that's all well and good. Except for the fact that the new Superman movie has absolutely no connection to Smallville, per the producers, director, and writers of both Smallville and the movie.

    In essence, the TV guys can use anyone or anything from the Superman mythos on their show. If what happened on the show mattered on the movie, then Lois couldn't be there... because in the movies, he didn't meet Lois until he was at the Daily Planet. Or Perry, for that matter. Not to mention, if Smallville followed the movies, then his mom would have to be Lana, and that'd just be gross.

    Basically what I'm saying is, you can't rule anything out by using the movies as your reasoning, since by all reports there is no connection aside from the occasional shout out (movie theme being played in Rosetta, etc.).

  12. #27
    Totally Obsessed jimmyolsenblues's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 03
    Posts
    6,148
    I am willing to bet any amount that it is not Eradicator. TPTB are tayloring this show to appeal to the masses not people up on the Superman comics where Eradicator appears. Trust me, and remember this post it is not the Eradicator. I hope its Zod, but as we know, Clark is not ready to battle any bad guy/computer from Krypton.

  13. #28
    Incurable Postaholic
    Join Date
    Aug 03
    Location
    Hoosier state
    Posts
    4,004
    Odds are quite good that it's the Eradicator, I'd say. Not to mention that Kryptonian criminals from the PZ woudn't appear in a spaceship, in all liklihood. They'd suddenly be released, wouldn't they? I wouldn't be too quick to bet that big money on it not being the Eradicator. Unless your pockets are as deep as Lex Luthor's... I guess we'll see come Fall.

    DC comics does have some control; it's not just the movie division. There are times when I wish they had more than they do.

  14. #29
    Totally Obsessed jimmyolsenblues's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 03
    Posts
    6,148
    Do you think it will be called the "Eradicator", or the entity on the ship is only a computer. I will bet anyone that the show will never use the name Eradicator, and I am serious. Any takers?

    Its possible there is nothing on the ship but its computer, but it won't be called the Eradicator.
    Last edited by jimmyolsenblues; 06-07-2005 at 11:03 AM.

  15. #30
    Forum Regular
    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Posts
    153
    Well, if it doesn't have the name Eradicator, it's in essense the same - a dangerous force that was released by the blood stained element, and my belief is that it will look like CK and be mysterious like Kal in 1st episode of Season 3 and Season 4. It's purpose will be to ensure the safe keeping of the Element and maybe construct the FOS.

    My guess is that we see the dangerous force looks like Kal (is TW) and it gets out of the craft, gives Lana a blank and sort of dangerous look, realize the crystal is gone (arctic) and fly off to Arctic to get the crystal. Almost identical to Ep 1 of Season 4 when Kal flies off, pushing his mom aside. Only it's the Eradicator or "Dangerous Force" that resembles Kal, instead of Kal himself.
    Last edited by mikeobrien; 06-07-2005 at 11:35 AM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •