No announcement yet.

Message to Gough and Miles

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Message to Gough and Miles

Now before anyone asks I am not a Lana hater, I just think that there is a certain place and role for her on the show. But reading some of the threads on this board it seems that the writers are going to try and tie her into yet another storyline next season. As far as I knew, I always thought Lana Lang was Clark Kents high school girlfriend, nothing more, nothing less. If that is the case, can her role not be defined to just that next year. The show is meant to define how CK becomes Superman, it should not be the adventures of Lana Lang...

just a thought anyway

Don't listen to every idea on this board.

Clana is coming for a reason, to give Lana some purpose on the show. The ship/Lana speculation is just that, a speculation.

Comment

Amen!

Comment

I am not a Lana hater or lover, but I think that ~just~ being his girlfriend is enough to justify her presence on the show and how much she is tied to storylines. When you are in high school or even right out, how much is your life affected by your sweetheart and your friends? A whole heck of alot.

Comment

The point is that tying her to yet another mythos arc is contrived. Her role in the show is a pivotal one since she is the one who most influences clark to become superman (superman for all seasons) but writing her into the mythos isnt neccesary. She can still play a major role in clarks life and in the show without beign linked to the overall seasonal arc. I just hope that the ship isnt connected with her next season, i would be very dissapointed in the writers if thats the case.

Comment

The witch arc wasn't so bad after all.

Comment

Originally posted by F-Stop Blues
              The point is that tying her to yet another mythos arc is contrived. Her role in the show is a pivotal one since she is the one who most influences clark to become superman (superman for all seasons) but writing her into the mythos isnt neccesary. She can still play a major role in clarks life and in the show without beign linked to the overall seasonal arc. I just hope that the ship isnt connected with her next season, i would be very dissapointed in the writers if thats the case.
              Yeah, I guess you're right. She should be helping him work things out, not being the center of the drama.

Comment

Originally posted by Hyde
                The witch arc wasn't so bad after all.
                I hated the witch arc, worst part of Season 4 IMO

Comment

I didn't hate it. But I didn't love it either.

Comment

Re: Message to Gough and Miles

Originally posted by maddib
                    As far as I knew, I always thought Lana Lang was Clark Kents high school girlfriend, nothing more, nothing less.
                    She was a highschool girlfriend, true. But they're clearly not basing this show so much on the comics, or else Lois wouldn't be in Clark's life at this time. If they can alter that, anything's possible.

Comment

Originally posted by SoulCystic When you are in high school or even right out, how much is your life affected by your sweetheart and your friends? A whole heck of alot. [/B]
                      I would totally agree with this.

I think it will be interesting to see where the story goes from where they left us off.

I always thought for some reason in the comics Lana knew Clark's secret? Can anyone refresh my memory on that?

Comment

she finds out eventually, yes.

Comment

Re: Message to Gough and Miles

Originally posted by maddib
                          Now before anyone asks I am not a Lana hater, I just think that there is a certain place and role for her on the show. But reading some of the threads on this board it seems that the writers are going to try and tie her into yet another storyline next season. As far as I knew, I always thought Lana Lang was Clark Kents high school girlfriend, nothing more, nothing less. If that is the case, can her role not be defined to just that next year. The show is meant to define how CK becomes Superman, it should not be the adventures of Lana Lang...

just a thought anyway

heyyyyyy are you a lana haterrr? HAHA, i understand what your saying, but i think the show is about everyone involved with young superman. the show is called SMALLVILLE not THE CLARK KENT SHOW. do i make any sense? okaleedokalee
                          Last edited by lana&Clark4ever; 06-01-2005, 10:23 PM.

Comment

Re: Re: Message to Gough and Miles

Originally posted by lana&Clark4ever
                            heyyyyyy are you a lana haterrr? HAHA, i understand what your saying, but i think the show is about everyone involved with young superman. the show is called SMALLVILLE not THE CLARK KENT SHOW. do i make any sense? okaleedokalee
                            Yeah it shoudnt be all about clark but i think tptb have focused to much of their time in lana. I like her character alot and i know how important she is to the superman story but i think they could have dialed back her importance to the overall season arc. Either way she will be very prevalent next season regardless if she is a witch or not.

Comment

I agree that the show spends way too much on Lana. But TPTB have decided this is the best way to appeal to wider audience. They want viewer who are tuning in for Kristin Kreuk regardless of the rest of the show. That is why we will continue to have to deal with Lana. The best thing about the show for me is how Clark becomes Superman. But they are leaning toward Kristin Kreuk screen time.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎