Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SV Vid Recommendations (Other vidders work you like)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

i wasn't trying to be funny

Becky is awesome, her videos are the best i've ever ever ever seen.

irrevocable is amazing! i can watch that vid. a million times and i will always enjoy it

Comment

I love the Lex vid. Well Done...

Comment

That Irrevocable is excellent!!!!

But.................. i think shes the best in her category of Romantic and Slash vids.

Action is where its at baby .lol.

That vid was awesome though. She made it look like Lex/Chloe were lovers

Comment

Originally posted by MsSullivan
          i agree MBCorp, Becky blows every single vid maker out of the water.
          Sandra,

That is quite a bold statement about every other video maker being blown out of the water...

Syazali is the best I have ever seen, and I have seen a lot of vids. Although it may come down to a matter of tastes as well.

Like Matt, I am more a fan of action vids.

Now I will admit the video was very well done from a storytelling point of view. Some of the best scene manip I have ever seen in a video. But just too slow paced and about a topic I am not really into (Chlex).

Now the Clex video I am nothing without you with the Placebo song in it was probably one of the best if not the best Clex video I have ever seen before. Thanks for the recommendation Ender. That was truly an amazing video.
          Last edited by vyperman7; 08-23-2005, 02:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by vyperman7
            Sandra,

That is quite a bold statement about every other video maker being blown out of the water...

I think, she meant it as a personal opinion, not as a general rule how everyone should feel about.

Syazali is the best I have ever seen, and I have seen a lot of vids. Although it may come down to a matter of tastes as well.

for who is the best vidder, or what is the best fanvid, depends on what feelings it can create in me.
            I really do not want to dig out gender prejudices, but for me as a woman, its often not important when I see a vid, whether its technically perfect, like the song and the lyrics and the clips have to matched to each other to the last second perfectly.

and like you, i guess I have watched a lot of vids (since I am involved in fandom (not just sv) for over 5 years now). I have watched more than 1000 fanvids and fantrailers and fanteasers. To state which one I would say is the best would not do justice for all the other great ones.
            And I could not decide anyway, coz i like a lot.

its like you said a matter of your own preference...

This said, you vyperman , you are a good vidder, and I like lots of your vids

you are welcome, vyperman, glad you like some of the recs (as I stated, I have not seen all the things I posted here, i am working now, and not a student anymore, so much less time in indulging fandom
            Last edited by ender; 08-23-2005, 01:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by vyperman7
              Sandra,

Now I will admit the video was very well done from a storytelling point of view. Some of the best scene manip I have ever seen in a video. But just too slow paced and about a topic I am not really into (Chlex).

Now the Clex video I am nothing without you with the Placebo song in it was probably one of the best if not the best Clex video I have ever seen before. Thanks for the recommendation Ender. That was truly an amazing video.
              i did not mean to offend anybody, there are plenty of great vidders out there but I PERSONALLY love all of Becky's videos and she is my favorite vidder. I'm not a Chlexer either but i love love her work.
              Last edited by MsSullivan; 08-25-2005, 01:49 AM.

Comment

I know that you were not trying to offend, so no hard feelings. Everyone has their favorites and get enthusiastic. Like I said before, it all comes down to a matter of what type of videos you enjoy.

Becky did an awesome job at scene manip. In fact, that was the best scene manipulation I have seen in a video. It legitimately looked like Lex and Chloe were lovers. So storytelling wise, she is at the top of the game.

Sandra,

Are all of Becky's vids slower paced concentrating more on scene manip and storytelling? I would love to see a faster paced video that was non shipper, just based on pure editing to see her skills that way.

Since you have watched her stuff for awhile, does she have anything faster paced or action oriented vids?

Shipper vids are cool and I enjoy them, but I can only watch them in doses... LOL

Comment

i've seen all her videos but her trailer. And all her videos have been shipper and slow with a story(if i remember correctly)...my kind of video so i can't recommend a fast paced one cause i haven't seen one

i haven't seen the trailer, but ender tells my its action...
                  Last edited by MsSullivan; 08-25-2005, 02:17 AM.

Comment

how do you guys make these? I want to make one.

Comment

My favorite SV video - Chlark. The song is so perfect and the video is great. "The Search Is Over" - Bearcat

Comment

Work by Cheryll.. A lot of people enjoy her vids so here is the webiste...

Page focusing on the WB/CW Aquaman television series proposed for the Fall of 2006 but at this point not picked up by The CW for airing.

Comment

some of you already know Elandria from my first rec, here is another Lex character study from her, its simply .... its one of the vids, where I am very close to crying...
                          Halleluja

Comment

why dont you contact all these ppl and ask them to join ksite to share thier vids? they will get ALOT more recognition...

Comment

two insta!recs from today!

Mkitty made a cute and sweet gen vid for Lexmas; its here:
                              Your life is the best story! Just start your blog today!

another vidder Jules made her first SV vid about clark and Lex, from the eps shattered and asylum, its really painful and sad and all angsty to watch:
                              Your life is the best story! Just start your blog today!

they all can be commented without having a LJ account, you can leave feedback if you like those vids, as anonymous.

Comment

I know this is a SV board, but since sometimes off-topic vids are allowed to be posted as threads, and this is totally going to be an exception, but I liked these two non-SV vids so much, I thought, I share them here with the rest, who sometimes also like to see something different thatn SV:

Christian Bale Video: Bond Style
                                I made a new music video featuring Christian as James Bond. Many people thought Christian would have made an excellent Bond if he weren't already Batman. I'm happy with his choice, but here's what he would have looked like as Bond based on his other films: Equilibrium, Batman Begins, and American Psycho. Click the teaser graphic below to check it out.

I made a new music video featuring Christian as James Bond. Many people thought Christian would have made an excellent Bond if he weren't already Batman. I'm happy with his choice, but here's what he would have looked like as Bond based on his other films: Equilibrium, Batman Begins, and American…

As always, video reviews are very welcome.

Enjoy, Kristin

Her vid made me wish, CB would be the next Bond instead of that guy that they have choosen!

--------------------------------------------------

Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children AMV

It's taken me a while, but I finally got this vid finished. I'd love to hear what people think of it. Title: Final Fantasy Music: 'Pompeii' by E.S. Posthumus Fandom: Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children Size: 18.5MB Notes: A fast-paced action vid filled with battles, bike chases and big swords.

Title: Final Fantasy
                                Music: 'Pompeii' by E.S. Posthumus
                                Fandom: Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children
                                Size: 18.5MB
                                Notes: A fast-paced action vid filled with battles, bike chases and big swords.

I rarely watch action vids, and I know nothing about FF, but I love the speed and the fights and the music in this vid!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎