Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did anyone NOT like the end of this season?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

i don't understand what you're saying. could you re-word that, please?

Comment

fash, i just got done reading some your posts on "Do people who work on Smallville...." in General Discussion and lost a LOT of respect for your opinions. I only started this thread because, when I did, all of the other threads were people gushing about how much they loved the way the season ended. I just wanted one where there can be open speculation. and look around you, there is. nobody here is trying to"hurt this finale" i see just as many people here commenting on points they didn't like as points they did.

Comment

I think it was a pretty good finale. The one person who made the comment on not liking the finale because it left too many things unanswered, I was a bit confused by that statement. I mean, I could be wrong but isn't the purpose of a season finale to leave us with a bunch of things unanswered, that by definition is what a cliffhanger is, but then the person also said it was a bad episode because it didn't have any cliffhangers. it is confusing to me.

I understand this person is trying to say that they added a bunch of things in the last ten seconds that they haven't touched the entire season, like the Lionel thing, if I am not mistaken I believe the writers probably have been setting that up since Transferrence, since Lionel's change. I am pretty sure him winding up catatonic in the end has something to do with it but I cannot be sure, that's why it's only a speculation.

In conclusion I found the finale to be a very good finale, like people have said, it is the only finale that really felt like a finale, we are left with an image of smallville on fire, or just smoking wondering what is to happen to Smallville, we are left wondering what Lex is going to do to Chloe after she stopped him from seeing Clark in the back room in the cave, I for one would be pissed if I were an evil son of a ***** like Lex Luther and would probably kill her on sight, but we don't know, and that's what makes a good finale, a cliffhanger where you're left not knowing what the hell is going to happen next.

Comment

I thought the ending was awsome, it left me hanging and wanting more, and eluded to new and enormous advancements coming in SV

Comment

After reading a lot of other posts and threads I started to understand what had happened. Then the new spoilers came out and that cleared a lot of stuff up. I was fine with the obvious things that were happening, but stuff like the Loinel thing and the North Pole (How did people find out he went to the North Pole, anyway?) just left me to wonder. I sort of felt stupid starting this thread. Everyone else was talking about what was going to happen to such and such a person and what was in the ship and I felt like I had just been told one of those jokes that only the person who made it up understood.

P.S. My favorite part of the finale was that few seconds where it showed Smallville from the hill Lois was on. I thought that was a nice dramatic shot and well digitally animated, but looking through the pictures of the episode showed only a few snapshots. I at least expected a stockpile of normal pictures(you know, just snapshots from the normal scenes) if not that particular one of Smallville, but there's only a few of each character--and aren't they all from the graduation scene? I don't think there's any of KK. Do they have yet to release them, or is that all that's coming out?
            Last edited by hyper149; 09-05-2005, 07:15 AM.

Comment

sorry about the super-long post.

Comment

But I had to get it out of my system.

Comment

Commencement was decent in my book, but nothing spectacular. Great build up to the FOS, but a better cliffhanger would have been to let the FOS form, and then it is ended as Clark is walking in. I was also bummed that Clark did not find out what Chloe knows about him. The special effects were nicely done in the episode though.

As a whole season four as a whole was pretty much a mixed bag

From Crusade - Jinx the season was awesome. Then Spell started a turn for the worst. They had a few good episodes after like Onyx and Blank. But for the most part, I thought that season four was the weakest season of the show so far.

As a whole, the problems that I saw with the season :

- The lack of screentime for Lex. Lex was always heavily involved in each of the seasons, and he was nowhere to be seen in season four.

- Lana's storyline. Why did they ever add her into the mythology? What do witches have to do with anything? I think the writers forgot that the show is supposed to focus on the teenage years of Clark Kent before he became Superman. That means you show him dealing with his various powers, struggling with his desire to be normal, his Kryptonian heritage and how it conflicts with Johnathan and Martha's beliefs, etc..

- The serious lack of continuity. The season just seemed to be all over the place writing wise. One week, Clark is torn up over Alicia's death, and the next week it is like she never existed. Bo Duke gets shot in the leg one week, and the next he is walking around find. They introduce Level 33.1(which had potential to be a really great storyline) and then it was never talked about again.

- No new power introduced. What happened to the one power per season tradition? The fourth season should have introduced superbreath, and it would have been cool to see how they would introduce it.

Comment

I pretty much agree ryan. I do think that commencement was better than covenant though. I was alittle bummed that the FOS didnt form, i really thought it would. Tempest is probably my favorite, but commencement was very enjoyable. whenever i need a smallville fix i watch it.

Comment

Commencement was action packed, but I agree that Covenant left us hanging with a better cliffhanger.

The artic/FOS scene, I mean we all know what that's leading to.

Lana and the ship had me wondering. Nothing too big for Chloe and Lex though, or the Kents, we know they have to be ok (You dodged death again Jonathon)

Comment

i actually enjoyed it and i think the writers are now focusing on the mythology alot more season 5 is going to be briliant!!!

Comment

I loved it, it seems every season they top themselves.....

I know this isn't a spoiler thread...... But for people who don't read spoilers, what do you think is in that ship?

Comment

Commencement left me at the edge of my seat. I loved how they ended that Season with a serious cliffhanger ending. Since I am in Norway, I have no clue as to when Season 5 will begin.

Comment

i thought commencement was one of the best episodes of the season. AMAZING! I agree with everything DarkJustice has to say... smart guy. I don't understand how people arent left in suspense. Lana and the ship!?!? LIONEL?!?! people always seem to forget about that part.
                              what really got me in the episode was the devastation the meteor shower caused. i was almost in tears it was so powerful. The town was completely destroyed! people's lives have ended and everything they lived for is gone. it is such a tragic event, especially with all the natural disasters going on this year... the tsunami, New Orleans, the mudslides.. everything. It really was shocking. My favorite shot in all of Smallville history was when Lois was looking over the grassy hill (very Sound of Music like) onto the town that was ravaged by the meteors. It was truly an amazing shot and really emotional, great acting by durance. a GREAT episode...

Comment

Tell you what though, I'd have thought it would have been a lot better, if, while on the way to find the stones, Clark would keep seeing people needing saving. He'd then begin to understand how he can help people who need help. That would have been quite good.
                                Covenant was good for an extremely suspenseful ending, since we had absolutely no idea what was going to happen once Clark came out of the caves. Commencement however, was action packed, and still quite suspenseful at the end, so I do think it's probably the best finale yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎