Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did anyone NOT like the end of this season?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did anyone NOT like the end of this season?

I sincerely don't mean to make anyone angry, but the last two episodes of the season didn't exactly tickle my fancy. After all of that building up, they backstep to another FOTW epi. Commencement helped, but by the end of the episode I was SO lost. I was expecting a cliffhanger, but what I got was confused.

It left a bitter taste in my mouth. But it's just a tv show so I'm not going to let it ruin my life.

A lot of the episodes have some sort of interesting element to them that make me happy at some point.

Seeing Clark at the North Pole made me really happy!

Comment

Actually, I loved this episode (my favorite finale.) I really didn't like Ageless and Forever though.

Comment

i liked it but season 3 finale had more suspense as waiting for the new season. this season you pretty much know that it will lead to the fortress of solitude and that something evil is in the ship.

Comment

the ships not necessarily evil and you dunno what might be the outcome of lana knowing that Aliens exist and how thats going to affect her and clark, the kents prolly wont be dead but could be seriosuly injured. Nothing was mentioned of Chloe and Lex after the stone sucked clark away, and what could be up with Lionel too many points to speculate about it leaves you waiting to find out whats going to happen. The only thing that's pretty certain is the FOS, and that Clark is going to want to get back to Smallville as soon as possible.

Anyway this was my favorite season finale so far. I felt like everything that had happened in the episodes the whole season led up to it very well. I didn't like the ageless or Forever episodes being stuck near the end either, but they both had a couple of things that made me not hate them. The relationship between Lana and Clark being brought back and Lana kind of pushing Jason away during those episodes. If they had just been decent episodes including those points without a FOTW character it would have been much better Im sure, but Commencement made up for it in my mnd. I'm currently watching Season 3 over again and havent gotten to the finale yet but it was decent with chloe blowing up, clark being sucked into the wall and Lex being poisoned, but you know lex cant die and you knew clark would be back, one way or the other. I was anticipating the start of Season 4 a lot but there weren't as many questions running through my mind at the finale.

Comment

The finale definately wasn't filled with suspense like season 3. It was a ho-hum ending to a ho-hum year. It did however set things up for a fantastic season 5 if the writers will actually start focusing on the journey and consistent character development again instead of ripping off movie plots and substituting nudity for good dialogue.

Comment

he was a little predictable . I hope they hire some new writers next year

Comment

I heart Smallville.

Comment

It wasn't anything truly amazing. I was expecting to see more damage with the meteors and Clark saving more people.

The cliffhangers didn't do much for me. I love the build up for the Fortess but it was nothing really, truly spectular.

Comment

Re: Did anyone NOT like the end of this season?

Originally posted by hyper149
                    I sincerely don't mean to make anyone angry, but the last two episodes of the season didn't exactly tickle my fancy. After all of that building up, they backstep to another FOTW epi. Commencement helped, but by the end of the episode I was SO lost. I was expecting a cliffhanger, but what I got was confused.
                    Who wouldn't have gotten lost with so many d*mn commercials? *sheesh*
                    From that perspective, the Batman previews were more entertaining.

Comment

I thought this ending was amazing- the best season ender on the show so far. I didn't really see much to get lost in- but, then again, I saw it without commercial.

Comment

Yeah I had to tape it, I was waiting in line to watch star wars when it aired, so I watched it without commercials too. Maybe that made a difference on how it all flowed together for me too.

Comment

I don't know yet if I liked it. I still think the producers will worm their way out and we won't see the Fortress of Solitude at all in season 5. And if that happens, then no, I don't like that ending of season 4.

Comment

The finale was OK but, yes, it was the weakest season finale so far in the series. Expected as it goes with the weakest season so far. All in all, the finale was a disappointment. We expected more.

Comment

The only reason the previous finales got me excited was because I was expecting to see clark fly in them...and that didnt happen until the begining of season 4 and then he was done after the first episode. But the tornado didn't leave much up to question about except for the fact that he might fly and Lana might see him and know.

Season 2 was pretty lame except for Lex's plane crash but then you know Lex can't die.

Season 3 I was hoping to see clark come out of it full powered and ready to go, again lex being poisoned but you know he cant die, only thing good about that one was Chloe's house being blown up and thinking she was dead, and Johnathan Kent wont die. I also didn't like the way they made that finale they spent most of the season making Jor-El look more and more like a kind guy but then in the end he sends this psychopath Supergirl who kills people randomly and then Jor-El just vaporizes her and strangles Johnathan giving clark an ultimatum, come with me or he dies?

This season I know Jason is gone cuz of the new WB show Supernatural, but what happened to him? Is he still alive? They could always bring him back for more episodes later on without having to kill off his character and he would be another fanatic about getting clark exposed and also a rival to Lex since he'd inherit his late mothers fortune. He might even become in charge of Cadmus Labs. They've shown it on the show a couple times and in the comics its a rival to LexCorp and makes plenty of creatures of its own. The ship and Lana, too many theories right there...Chloe and Lex, I have no idea whats going to happen to chloe after lex wakes up still maniacal and all. If they dont show the fortress next season I wont be too dissapointed either, what I'm afraid is they are going to make the fortress look stupid, or make it look like the old superman movie fortress that's my greatest fear for next season. The old one was great back then, but it was pretty plain just like how they showed krypton, giant icicles. I also wonder what happened to Smallville in general, most of the city got torn up by the meteors so how did it affect the town and the moral of the people living there? Plus the whole episode kept me on the edge of my seat hoping clark could get everything done in time to get the stones and stop the meteors and save smallville. Then you see people just running and a meteor land right on top of them, that part freaked me out seeing that many innocent people die. Lots of pryo-technics and amazing effects, one part kind of reminded me of X-Men II though heh. But the entire episode closed up most of the things that i saw in the season and I kept asking why was that part there, and was exciting to watch. The cinematography was well done in the episode, along with most of everyone's acting. Most of the other finales were just like normal episodes and then finally at the last 10 minutes a little suspense followed by "to be continued".

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎