No announcement yet.

Is this forum dead?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this forum dead?

Just wanted to know if the unaired pilot was ever leaked to the net, and if this board was cleared.

The board only show's one months worth of posts. Click on show "from begining" to see all the rest.

Comment

I would also like to see the pilot. Can the new, unaired pilot be downloaded anywhere? Why doesn't the WB pick this show up for the new season I mean except for Smallville all of their other shows suck. I can't believe how many good shows the WB has cancelled over the past 3 or so years it boggles the mind!

-Jade

You were right about me all along Mr. Kent. I am the villian in this story.

Bad Lex (Onyx)
      Smallville

Comment

Its as alive as Dark Shadows 2004 cheers.

Comment

I for one cannot beleive they spent 6 million on the pilot and didn't try to fix it. I have friend who have seen it at the festivials and say that is was really good and just needed minor adjustments! However, thankfully Johnny Depp bought the rights and reportedly starts filming this summer in London. He and Tim Burton are fans and I think they will do the movie justice. I hope it turns into a franchise!

Comment

I really would love to see it again. I saw it at a DS Festival one year and really liked it. Could've been a hit, but there was so much infighting involved I'm not surprised that it didn't happen.

Comment

I am not glad that Dan Curtis died but I am glad he willl not have control over the movie. I think it will bring a freshness the franchise has needed for a long time.

Comment

It sounded to me like Dan Curtis was the biggest creative problem with DS04. He was determined to re-create the 1991 series rather than creating something new.

In Fangoria, Mark Verheiden did an excellent interview where he said one of his pitches was that the series be about a grown-up David, with Barnabas returning a generation later. I liked that idea so much more. If you tell the story over and again, you know what's going to happen in advance; and if they make too many changes (like having Victoria resemble Josette instead of of Maggie) it seems alienating too. To cover another generation would make for much better TV.

Comment

I agree!

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎