Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

SWEET!!!! LOOK AT THIS!!!!!

Home of Warner Bros Movies, TV Shows and Video Games including Harry Potter, DC Comics and more!

The main link is at:

thewb.com

Under what'sHOT

Comment

Originally posted by LexLuthorMetropolis
      I honestly don't see the show lasting long either.

The WB has canned more supernatural shows. "SUPERNATURAL" might have a chance if it has heart and has a strong lead-in. If not, you know the routine.
      Actually, shows have a better chance of lasting on the WB than on most other networks. They are never as quick to pull the plug on a show as ABC, CBS, NBC, or FOX are. Look at TARZAN. That show was bleeding ratings almost from the beginning, but they gave it several months to try to find an audience. They gave JACK & BOBBY an entire season, because of its critical success. They even gave THE MOUNTAIN a fair chance, even though it sunk in the ratings and got panned by most critics. On another network, all of these shows would've been gone in two or three episodes.

Basically, if SUPERNATURAL gets halfway decent ratings, it has a great chance on the WB. It's already getting some good buzz, which is always a bonus.

You know, seeing the promo of this show, as short as it was, really excited me. The mood and tone seem right up my alley.

Comment

MMMM!!!! SPOILERS!!!!

PILOT:

THE PREMISE OF THE SERIES:

Described as a cross between The X-Files and Route 66, this drama will track Sam, a recent Stanford graduate, who along with his estranged older brother Dean encounter unusual ghosts and local creatures straight out of American folk lore and urban legends during a road trip from San Francisco back home to Los Angeles and go on an adventure in order to track down the forces responsible for their mother's murder 20 years earlier.

Dean Winchester is played by Jensen Ackles
        Sam Winchester is played by Jared Padalecki

The 3rd Star of the Show is undoubtedly the Vintage 1965 Black Chevy Impala that the Brothers travel to & from Adventures in.

The Pilot Episode reveals the murder of Mary Winchester & the brothers are reunited due to the disappearance of John Winchester.

John Winchester is their father.

The Urban legend of the Episode is “The Woman in White”. The Story of “The Woman in White” is explained as follows by Sam in the Episode:

It’s a Ghost Story. The Woman in White or The Weeping Woman. She’s been sighted for 100’s of years in many places. Aztecs, Hawaii, Mexico. Lately in Arizona, Indiana. All different Women who share the same Story. When they were alive, they had unfaithful husbands. Filled with hurt & rage, the women drowned the men’s children. Before killing themselves. They are cursed Spirits, who are trying to make their way home. They prey on any unfaithful man they happen to find.

Some Additional Spoilers for the Episode:

The Teaser details the Murder of Dean & Sam’s Mother by mysterious Dark Forces. The teaser is set in 1984.

We then meet a 20-21 yr old Sam at Stanford University. It’s Halloween. Sam is dressed in normal clothes. His Girlfriend, Jessica is dressed as a Nurse and Friend Luis is a Zombie.

Luis is dumping on Sam for not playing dress up. Sam tells him he’s not a fan of Halloween. The 3 Friends are hanging out at the Halloween party at a Night Club. There we learn that Sam has passed his L-Sat’s & has the leg up on a free ride to Law School.

Just as Jessica is about to kiss Sam……………..Dean appears.

The first Dean & Sam Scene explain why Dean has Shown Up. Their father is missing and Dean needs help. We learn that Sam has lived his own life for 2 years…apart from his family.

The Winchester Family Business is to hunt down ‘freaky-ass things”. Sam wants no part of the family business, but he’s had the same basic training as Dean, Weapon & Occult training.

Sam then relents & tells Dean he will help him find their father. But…he needs to be back by Monday for his Law School Interview……This helping out is a One Time thing. Period.

Ooohh... I was watching a repeat of Beauty and the Geek last night and I saw a very short preview. I cant find it on the net so I'll share it with you guys.

Sam (Jared Padalecki) and Dean (Jensen Ackles) are on that bridge from the promos. Dean walks in front of Sam towards ... The same woman who said in the promo "Take me home..."

In this promo, she whispers...

"I can never go home..."

Then it shows the logo for Supernatural, then the WB logo, and says This Fall.

The Urban legend of the Episode is “The Woman in White”. The Story of “The Woman in White” is explained as follows by Sam in the Episode:

It’s a Ghost Story. The Woman in White or The Weeping Woman. She’s been sighted for 100’s of years in many places. Aztecs, Hawaii, Mexico. Lately in Arizona, Indiana. All different Women who share the same Story. When they were alive, they had unfaithful husbands. Filled with hurt & rage, the women drowned the men’s children. Before killing themselves. They are cursed Spirits, who are trying to make their way home. They prey on any unfaithful man (Sam & Dean) they happen to find.

That's probably that woman in the promos.

Also, from JRA Unlimited, screencaps... or photos..? From the pilot.

and

Hopefully it will work for you guys, its awesome.

BTW, lately I've felt like I'm the only one on this thread...
        Last edited by KSiteTV; 06-23-2005, 05:58 PM.

Comment

it sounds pretty good, but i doubt if a lot of people will watch it

Comment

I think this may premiere september 20, seeing as smallville's tenative date is september 22

Comment

The three posts before this one are the important ones.

Originally posted by LanaandPete
              I think this may premiere september 20, seeing as smallville's tenative date is september 22
              Agreed.
              Last edited by kcox6751; 06-17-2005, 06:49 PM.

Comment

LOL.. Jensen and Jared switched names

[Durr, Jaredness was Dean on Gilmore Girls of course..]

Comment

BUMP

Originally posted by xrosenbaumforever
                  LOL.. Jensen and Jared switched names

[Durr, Jaredness was Dean on Gilmore Girls of course..]
                  Was Jensen ever a Sam?

Comment

Not that I know of.

Comment

Yeah, so how did they switch names?

Comment

Huh?

Comment

I really wanna see this. There have been no shows that have completely satisfied the empty hole in my heart since 'Buffy.' Hope this can help the void! :-)

Comment

I'm sure it will.

Comment

Seems more in line with X-Files then Buffy... no super powers in this show... more strange & bizare mysteries... maybe a conspiracy theory.

I agree that WB does tend to give its shows more of a chance then other networks. And WB has been the only network in recent years to be really successful with the sci fi/fantasy genre. Just look at FOX with Tru Calling & Point Pleasent... both flawed shows with great potential... that were cut really abruptly!

Comment

Will there be anymore new sites on KSite (*cough*
                                Supernatural *cough* *cough*)?

I'd love to expand to new sites with KryptonSite, but it's a matter of something catching my fancy where also the producers and people working on the show will cooperate. I considered "Supernatural," but after I posted that trailer for the show I got into SO MUCH trouble, seriously, got yelled at and my access to a WB press site removed, that I thought it wouldn't be worth it. Obviously they're very picky about the promotion of that one. Also, I've seen the pilot and while it's good enough to make me curious for more, it doesn't mean something as big to me as Smallville has been.

__________________________________________________ __

I hope Craig doesnt get mad at me for posting this...

I e-mailed K-Site a few weeks ago, and I got this reply tonight.
                                Last edited by kcox6751; 06-26-2005, 06:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎