Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lois' last scene - birth of comics Lois Lane?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lois' last scene - birth of comics Lois Lane?

I noticed A LOT of people, even Clana's, Chlarkers and those that want Chloe to be Lois and people who out and out HATE Lois, really liked her last scene where she lays on the hill and looks at destroyed Smallville and starts to cry.

I personally thought it was a very moving scene, and it made me cry, ED did a lot with out saying anything and that shot of her in the grass and Smallville beyond has been likened to European artwork called "Christina's World", which furthers the point that it was a very well done scene and great shot.

Something drastic has to happen for Lois to cry and I think seeing all that destruction, and probably what is a lot of deaths and people in pain moved her. Enough so, I think, that she is going to go and help some people in the Season Five Premiere and I think that moment was where the Lois Lane who writes as voice for the people, who speaks on behalf of their pain and suffering and wants to protect the innocent was born in that moment.

wow. you said that really well :-) .. Hopefully that is true

Comment

Loved that moment, showed such a different side to her. Definitely a changing moment.
      Someone said she was looking at the Kent farm, was that true? I couldn't tell what she was looking at, I thought it was the town for some reason.

Comment

Damn I hope they do start building up Lois into being a real Lois I can get behind.

Comment

I agree totally with you. That did seem like one of those moments that could be a turning point in an individual's life. Also considering how the other people in her life were going through transitional phases at that time looking toward their own futures it would be a perfect time for TPTB to jump on the situtation and begin showing us her transition into the woman we know she'll one day become.

Comment

Good description, LovelyLoisLane. I initially did not like the scene, but now I see why they put it in, and I'm glad they are continuing to develop Lois' character and foreshadow her future. I thought that the scene she was looking at looked very fake, but maybe when I watch it a second time, it will look better.

Comment

Well, I said weeks ago that the meteor shower would be a life-changing moment to everyone, including Lois.

Well, it's not my fault that people only think about the present moment and see Lois as pointless.

Comment

I absolutely agree. This could really be a turning point for her character. I cant wait to see what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Daphne
                  Loved that moment, showed such a different side to her. Definitely a changing moment.
                  Someone said she was looking at the Kent farm, was that true? I couldn't tell what she was looking at, I thought it was the town for some reason.
                  That wasn't the Kent Farm. There is a huge white/metal building, hundreds of other buildings beyond that and the smoke trails of the meteors were spaced apart, if it was the Kent farm then 50% of the meteors landed there, so it couldn't have been the farm. It was wide shot with Lois close to the audience and Smallville as the background.

So you probably thought that was the town, because it WAS the town. Which makes it more powerful than if it was JUST the Kent Farm too. I almost expected Lois to say "Oh my God." but she didn't she just started to cry, which was a lot more prophetic.

I think they just threw Lois into this season, since they already had the season planned BEFORE they gots rights to use her for this season and then made some changes to fit her in. So I hope this season has taught the TPTB that people WANT to see Lois develop into the Lois we all know and love.

We want to see that she cares, we want to see that she has conviction, we want to see that she can push herself, and most of all we want to see her get into a position where she can get a job at Daily Planet . . . which right now? No.

ED said in a random rant that they have been showing Clark and Lois' strengths and weaknesses with eachother and for themselves this season. Well we have seen enough weaknesses, bring on the strengths.

I have watched that scene fourteen times now, and it hasn't lost the magic . . . I'm amazed that SV produced such an emotionally powerful scene, even more so when they did it without ANY dialogue.

Lois was so taken aback that she couldn't even stand and as she looked at the destruction hot tears started to sting her eyes, her throat tightened, unable to voice the grief that she felt.

I really think it was a turning point, especially given that earlier in the episode she was so blaise about her own future, but we all know that it is often those that care about you, above and beyond yourself, that motivate you to make something of your life. Also this moment coupled with the fact that she is soon going to Europe for a lengthy amount of time . . .I'm expecting some BIG changes to Miss. Lane for S5.
                  Last edited by LovelyLoisLane; 05-20-2005, 09:47 AM.

Comment

I noticed A LOT of people, even Clana's, Chlarkers and those that want Chloe to be Lois and people who out and out HATE Lois, really liked her last scene where she lays on the hill and looks at destroyed Smallville and starts to cry.
                    Maybe that leads her to writing and helps her become a reporter so that she can cover news and give people all the information so that they can prepare better for such events. I only say that because she made a statement saying how she wouldnt want to become a reporter and how with her luck she will get stuck with a reporter who is clumsy. So maybe these events set in motion her destiny as the Lois Lane we all know.

Comment

I also thought that it was the town that she was looking at. But at that moment I remember the Kent house was hit and so isn't she looking at the Kent house?

Now I'm very confused at what she was looking at.

But that look on her face when she started crying as she was looking out at the Meteor torn land, made my heartbreak...as soon as I saw that look on he face I knew what she was looking at and a started to get all teary then when I saw the picture of what she saw I started crying so hard, I was crying for five minutes.

For Lois this has been quite a year:

First with Chloe been alive and meeting Lana ad Clark, nearly getting killed by a plastic surgery crazy lady, being in high school for a brief period of time, then by Clark's kindness and connections, getting out of high school.

Then as soon as she comes back for Chloe's birthday, bam she gets put under a spell and she can't remember anything!

She comes back to sing some karoke and then she's thrown into the middle of this whole business with Clark and Alicia being married. Then Lana gets hurt and she investigates that but in the end she finds Clark crying and rocking back and forth, cradling Alicia's body in his arms on the floor.

She finds out horrifyingly that Alicia was hung, she helps Clark find the real killer but in Clark's sadness and rage she has to stop him from killing the killer whose has ended the life of the only person Clark every loved with his whole heart and knew everything. She tries to console him the best she can and sees a softer side of him in his moment of grief.

Lois and Clark are more friendly with each other after that while before the were always annoyed at each other.

Then Lois gets arrest, accused of paralysing a guy twice her size, kidnapped and saved by none other than Clark.

Then Krypto/shelby comes to the farm and complicates things as she realizes she's allergic to dogs and her and Clark have some playful banter between them in a teasing snarky kind of way.

Then her sister comes to town, tries to scam everyone including Her, Clark and Lex. Lucy also gets them kidnapped and then drives away stealing Lex's car. Lois worries about her sister but even in desperate crying there is nothing she can do

She sees Mrs. Kent acting strangely and speaking very weirdly, then Later she snaps out of it and finds herself in a PINK dress and apparent went with Clark to Prom. She's really confused but chalks another one up to memory loss.

Lois gets her mind momentarily wiped and is robbed by some crazy kid. Then Clark comes in and his mind is "blank". She probably thinking "Damn! Not this again!". But she does the good thing and "Clark sits" while the Kents are in Metropolis. She and Clark are a very touching moment in the loft as Clark tries to remember her and says "I think we like each other very much". She just smiles and never denies it.

Then Chloe and Lana get kidnapped and she and Clark go to the rescue, she busts in but gets frozen immediately.

She thought she saw something happen with Clark and the bat but when she was unfrozen it was brokent to smithereens???

What is up with Clark? He's definitely very unique and strange too, he doesn't act like everyone else, he almost tries too hard???

Finally Lois is going to go to europe to search for Lucy and keep her out of trouble. Clark's graduating and they celebrate but suddenly she realizes, I don't just care about me anymore, these people are my family and I love them and I don't want anything to happen to them. They are like the mom and dad I always wish I had.

Suddenly I'm driving Chloe to Lana's home to pick he rup and the meteors start coming down. Chloe rushes in to get Lana but she's waited too long so I drive around to the back but suddenly I don't hear the meteors anymore.

I crawl out from the Chloe red car and I see town and I begin to cry. This town, this place, The Kent Farm has become the closest to a home and a real family that she's ever known and she's grown to love this place more than any place in the whole world and the Kents possibly more than her own family. All that she's ever truely loved might be either dead or destroyed by now.

Lois thoughts and questions probably now are:

What am I gonna do now?
                      What do I do now?
                      OMG! Are the Kents okay?
                      What happened to Clark?
                      Where's Clark?
                      Are Chloe, and uncle okay?
                      Did Chloe, Lana and Lex get out in time?
                      How can I help?

Comment

Originally posted by Lana_Lang #1
                        I also thought that it was the town that she was looking at. But at that moment I remember the Kent house was hit and so isn't she looking at the Kent house?

Now I'm very confused at what she was looking at.

But that look on her face when she started crying as she was looking out at the Meteor torn land, made my heartbreak...as soon as I saw that look on he face I knew what she was looking at and a started to get all teary then when I saw the picture of what she saw I started crying so hard, I was crying for five minutes.
                        Read my previous posts, it was the town of Smallville she was looking at.

I am so glad I'm not the only one that was moved to tears and very sad during that scene. Here I thought I was being a big baby, and a sadist, because I kept searching back to watch it over and over and cry some more. I was really bauling too, still crying as the Batman Begins trailer started . . . SV hasn't made me cry that bad since Lex's flashback scenes during "Memoria"

ED had the grief stricken look down pat. There was even water building in her left eye and they were starting to glisten (getting read to cry heavily) her bottom lip was quivering, as were her nostrils.
                        Last edited by LovelyLoisLane; 05-20-2005, 10:27 AM.

Comment

Well said buddy, now lets hope TPTB see it your way!

edit : what i meant was

Well said LovelyLoisLane, now lets hope TPTB see it your way!
                          Last edited by spideyfan; 05-20-2005, 11:48 AM.

Comment

how come I'm always buddy, or dude when I'm a girl?

But yes, I hope they see it my way, and if I thought sending them any of the ideas I had would actually get to them and be read by them I would.

Comment

I wouldn't count on them fixing Lois though in one season. I have my doubts. Hopefully though...

If she starts scooping Chloe all of a sudden it'll be out of left field.

Damn aren't they going to have her finish college? There's something to finishing what you start.

Problem with Lois coming back since she's looking for Lucy will there be another Lucy episode?

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎