Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Forum Whiz

Re: Re: Am I the only one that thought the finale BLEW?

Originally posted by roman1967
    "Blew" is a bit strong, but I will say that the episode was not great. From a crap 4th Season, we were dealt a heaping plate of mediocrity for the Season Finale.
    I dont get why people are saying this.

I thought it was 10 times better than the last one we had where NOTHING tied in at all except for Mr Kents deal with Jorel. I mean everything was crammed into a 5 minute montage, a montage that left us WITH NO Cliff hangers.
    (A) we know Lex doesnt die
    (B) we know Chloe and Mr kent dont dine because they woulnt get rid of Three main characters within 2 episodes
    (C) we know Lana ends up back in Smallville because shes a main asset of the show and we cant have her isolated in Paris
    (D) We know CLark is fine, hes superman..

All in all, I thought this episode was paced mich better and I thought it tied in great with the season. I mean the Stones have been what has tied everything together. That was thr main seasonal arch. Actually, this is the first time we have ahd a main seasonal arch

Season 1 didnt have one.The twisters came from nowhere.
    Season 2 didnt have one either. Cllark having to leave was never mentioned in other episodes, it was just dropped on our plate.
    Season 3 already explained that, the onyl seasonal arch was Jonathans deal with Jorel, which was made in the first episode and then brought up a little bit in 2 other episodes before it was dealt with in the Covenent.

Im sorry, but I just dontsee how some people werent entertained by this. I was definitely entertained. My dad who has given up on Smallville (he doesnt like all the dumb rehashed FOTW and teen soapy stuff, he just likes Clark embracing his Superman destiny)
    Actually watched this episode and thought it was great. He said "well this show redeemed itself"

I agree

Originally posted by Polomontana

Why did Lana give Clark the stone and Isabelle didn't interfere?

In the first 2 minutes of the episode Isobel was no more. She gave him the stone after that.

Re: Am I the only one that thought the finale BLEW?

Originally posted by SnarkMasterJ
    Seriously...it was sloppily handled and not very smooth...there was no continuity with any of the other episodes in the first part of the season (I mean, for the love of all that's holy, Clark acted like he didn't know the stones were meant for him -- where did THAT come from???)...there was far too much Lana and not enough Chloe (but that's subjective I guess)...

I'm not pleased at all. They'll have to do a complete 180 for me to tune in for S5.
    I agree with you about Clark not knowing the stones were for him.

1000 More To Go!! 4EverSmallville's Avatar
    I agree that Clark not knowing the stones were for him was odd, but overall the finale was great IMO.

I was a little disappointed that we didn't see much Chloe, but I didn't really expect to. The episode was mostly about the stones and destiny, Chloe really didn't fit anyhow.

Look if all you can do is find problems with the show .......

STOP

WATCHING

IT

THEN!!!

I am sick and tired of people just ripping the show apart, look, I know not every episode is great, or even good, but I think this finale was excellent.

Why don't you just get "LOST"

ugh, this thread is still alive? Just ignore...its the best revenge!

Banned
    Originally posted by arachkid
    She vowed to kill Gertrude's ancestors and killed GT. .
    GT would be a descendant, not an ancestor.. and Jason was still alive. Wouldn't a witch like Isobel perhaps know that? Or in the least, she'd not disappear yet, because her work was not done, since a descendant is still alive somewhere? I'm still having trouble with the whole witch story line. I just don't get it. And I agree that it could have been resolved much better.

As a stand alone episode, I thought it was great. As a season finale, it was lacking.
    Last edited by Genevieve; 05-19-2005 at 04:55 AM.

Originally posted by Genevieve
    As a stand alone episode, I thought it was great. As a season finale, it was lacking.
    Exactly. As an episode, I thought it was decent. But as a finale, not so much. Which is pretty much how I felt last year.

New In Town

Re: Am I the only one that thought the finale BLEW?

Originally posted by SnarkMasterJ
    Am I the only one that thought the finale BLEW?
    yes. next.

Re: Re: Am I the only one that thought the finale BLEW?

Originally posted by happasaiyan
    yes. next.
    "Blew" is a pretty strong word, yes, but not everyone loved the finale.

I think if you knew the spoilers the highlights didn't completely absolve all the lows. At least that happened to me.

Lot of great cliffhangers though for a possible great S5.

The only really big disappointment I had was the cheesy way they resolved the Isobel storyline.

It was expected but man they could've made it more dramatic.

Totally Obsessed jimmyolsenblues's Avatar
    Yes , you are the only one who think the episode "Blew", if I was the Soup Nazi from Seinfeld , I would revoke your TV.

Re: Re: Re: Am I the only one that thought the finale BLEW?

Originally posted by Sydafex7
    Season 1 didnt have one.The twisters came from nowhere.
    Season 2 didnt have one either. Cllark having to leave was never mentioned in other episodes, it was just dropped on our plate.
    Season 3 already explained that, the onyl seasonal arch was Jonathans deal with Jorel, which was made in the first episode and then brought up a little bit in 2 other episodes before it was dealt with in the Covenent.
    That wasn't the only seasonal arc. Season 3 had the arc of Lionel needing Clark's blood, which was introduced in Phoenix, and tied in to the Adam plot. Plus Phoenix hinted at Lionel having killed his parents, and most of season 3 was spend with him trying to avoid justice for that.

And season 2 had Clark finding out more about krypton and his destiny from Jor-El. The ship was a factor throughout the year (being found by Pete, making Martha pregnant, healing Clark, ending with Clark blowing it up etc).

Originally posted by mraig
    Do we get any sort of closure on the whole "is Lionel good/is he bad" storyline? Was he pretending to be good? No, I guess he really was good, but Lex yelled at him, so now he's bad again.
    Last edited by Naomi; 05-19-2005 at 06:55 AM.

Originally posted by becomingagod
    Look if all you can do is find problems with the show .......

STOP

WATCHING

IT

THEN!!!
    Well, millions of people have done just that.

I am sick and tired of people just ripping the show apart, look, I know not every episode is great, or even good, but I think this finale was excellent.

Why don't you just get "LOST"
    I'm sick and tired of people giving other posters a hard time for having the nerve to give their opinion. I mean, sharing what they think and feel at a public forum? How dare they!

Surely you knew some of the opinions this thread might contain when you clicked on it. If you have that much problem with such opinions, you shouldn't read them. I mean, why invite such unnecessary stress?

You have the right to think the finale was excellent. I have the right to think it wasn't. (It was a good episode, but not a great finale in my opinion.) And we both have the right to say so here.

Originally posted by Dannyblue1

I'm sick and tired of people giving other posters a hard time for having the nerve to give their opinion. I mean, sharing what they think and feel at a public forum? How dare they!

[/B]
    That's just it. As someone very disappointed by yesterday's finale, I'm ashamed to admit that I don't have the courage to give my opinion.

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast