Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

johnathan is SO gonna die

did you hear that speech: the man you are today....make us proud....

Totally Obsessed jimmyolsenblues's Avatar
    ditto, same thought went through my head, good call crazy.

New In Town
    but hes like a main IMPORTANT character. I dont think they would kill him? Then again they got rid of pete lol.

In the comics Jonathan doesn't die. I don't think he'll die in Smallville. I'm sure he'll still be alive at the end of season 5.

johnathan died in the movie though, when clark left to go to the city or something.. i kind of forget, it's been a while since i last saw the movies

Part of me wants him to die since that's the story I grew up with. (I think I remember both of the Kents dying in the older comics, even only Jonathon did in the '78 movie). But he is such a great character and good actor, that I'd rather he not die yet, if at all.

If he does die at any point in the series, I don't think it will be after a cliffhanger like this. So he's probably safe.

Forum Whiz

Re: johnathan is SO gonna die

Originally posted by crazymonkeys007
    did you hear that speech: the man you are today....make us proud....
    JK's always making platitudes like that - he may pass on, but I would base it more on the fact that he's in a house the meteor smacked rather than something he said. Otherwise I would have been fearing his death everytime he said "son, you make us proud, yadda yadda yadda".

Jonathan might die eventually, but I don't think he'll be killed off in the premeire ep next season or anything.

I think Jason will stand still like an idoit looking at the "pretty" meteor out the window as it crash lands on the house.

Jonathan being the smart man that he is, will just grab Martha and run like hell out the front/back door never looking back!

They had better not kill of the Duke. He is one of my favorite characters, and the interaction with Clark and the Duke has always been one of my favorite aspects of the show. But, after everything that he has been through and come away from it all, it makes you feel like JK is the show's real Superman. Hell he gets shot in the leg one week, and then is walking around like it never happened the next. The guy is freakin unstoppable.

Maybe the Kent's farm is built over the underground railroad and he'll survive that way.

He is one tough SOB! He didn't even seem too fazed when Dawn/Chloe whacked him down the stairs!

New In Town
    Unfortunately, with the Singer movie following on from the events of the first two Superman movies - and WB wanted Smallville to tie in nicely - the future for Pa Kent does not look good.

I think I am in a minority amongst Superman fans because I much prefer the post-Crisis version of events where Jonathan and Martha are still alive - and always there for Clark/Superman/Kal-El when he needs to get more in touch with his human side.

I don't, therefore, that Bo Kent will be killed off because - in the movie universe - that will happen in Superman: The Movie. Then again, wouldn't the early scenes from Superman: The Movie where JK dies be at about the age that CK is now? Maybe having JK die in Smallville will refresh people's minds for the upcomin film?

Kinda wish Bryan Singer was starting from scratch. Not do everything over again and present us with another origin movie, but he could intersperse some origins moments as Tim Burton did in his '89 Batman film.

It's not even worth starting a "Keep Bo Kent Alive" campaign 'cos it's a done deal in the movie history. I definitely have to agree that he is a Jon Schneider is a very good actor - and I kinda wish I hadn't prefered Luke Duke now when I was a kid.

Oh he will defenitly die but i think he will make to the season 5 premiere. He'll probably kick either mid way through season 5 or at the end.

Originally posted by MBCorp
    Maybe the Kent's farm is built over the underground railroad and he'll survive that way.
    Or maybe they are built on top of the infamous Smallville catacombs?

John is one of the best actors on the show and along with Annette are the ones responsible for guiding and shaping Clark into Superman. It would be a shame to lose either one at this point in the series.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast