Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smallville: 24

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay the 24 clock counts up, Smallville counted down. The Smallville clock included hundredths of a second. 24's doesn't. But most significantly, the Smallville clock didn't have that "deet DEET deet DEET" sound -- the most important aspect to the 24 clock

... less than a week till the 24 finale! woo hoo!!!

Comment

I don't think it matters whether it was going up or down- the way the numbers were presented (on black, same font) and how they were put before/after commercial breaks was just like 24. They were very alike. Things don't have to be exactly alike to the last detail to just remind someone of something else. Simmer down, now.

Comment

i thought it was cool.

Comment

Originally posted by CapraIII
          I don't think it matters whether it was going up or down- the way the numbers were presented (on black, same font) and how they were put before/after commercial breaks was just like 24. They were very alike. Things don't have to be exactly alike to the last detail to just remind someone of something else. Simmer down, now.
          Don't you mean both shows like Knight Rider? Episode: Brother's Keeper where Michael and K.I.T.T. had to race to stop a bomb and it was ticking down

Premiered: September 1, 1982

Comment

There was an episode of Lois & Clark that had a countdown to a meteor crash, maybe that's where they got the idea.

I must say that L&C worked it much better, though, because the impending disaster was the focus of the episode, unlike in Commencement, where the focus was on the stones. I wasn't going "oh no, everyone's goingto DIE!", I was too busy wondering how the whole stones story was going to play out, and whether we would see the FoS, etc. For me the whole meteor shower part two was not at all important to the story.

Comment

Since I never watch 24, I didnt care one bit..

Comment

No, not like Knight Rider. As I said, the numbers were presented in the same way (on black, same font, at break). Good call bringin' up Knight Rider, though. It'd have been sweet if it made a point.

Comment

I loved it it made a great effect. It really made me realize that all the episode was right then instead of spread it out over several days.

Comment

TPTB = means what?

The Chloe cut is gone *sob*

Lex = Hellen
                    Clarck = Alicia
                    Lana = Johnathan

Finding a theme here.

Comment

I loved it!

Comment

It made the episode even more exciting

Comment