"Commencement" - Your Reviews

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clark saving the kid from the meteors is one of my personal top ten Smallville moments!! Great episode.

Comment

• The greatest Season Finale in SV history. No words can describe how good this episode was.

Comment

• Really good episode. I give it a 10.

Comment

• Quite simply Smallville's Greatest Ever Season Finale.

Comment

• i love it

i love smallville that was the best ending for the season finally

Comment

• Commencement is a monumental season finale because it's the end of the high school years for Clark, Lana, and Chloe as they move into the real world. They ended that era with the second meteor shower. However, this is seen as a solution to the problems concerning the 4th season as this was a season that changed the show when they introduced Lois Lane and the first of other DCU heroes, Impulse Bart Allen.

The reason that this was a solution to the problems in the 4th season was because Clark was not actively involved in the search for the stones, which was the season storyline than about Clark's graduation from high school. Instead, Lex and Lana were involved and were in the center of the storyline.

The character of Jason Teague has played out, but he was an extraneous character who served no purpose to Clark's journey overall. With Commencement, the 4th season would have been incomplete. To sum up the 4th season, the journey was weak but the endpoint was strong.

Comment

• Commencement is still my favorite episode of the whole series, and is in my top 3 favorite TV episodes of any show of all time.

Comment

• Commencement is arguably the best episode ever on the show, very easy to give it a 10 with zero hesitation!!!!

Comment

• I give it a 9

Comment

• This was a great season finale, and for the reasons others have stated. The mid-season change of Jason from one of the good guys to a lame bad guy, the whole Lana Possessed arc, the stones arc, sad crap to be sure, were resolved. And resolved well.

Comment

• This has to be my all time favorite finale AND episode. The thing is, I can't even really tell you why. I just absolutely LOVE it. I think the rush it gives, the drama, everything felt perfect with this episode. With all the bad writing that crept its way into this season, this episode made me forget all of that. It had a way of ending the Isobel plot with a good resolution, the Teague arc, and I actually didn't mind Clana for once in the epi because it felt like it came from a good place.

Theoretically there are things I should dislike about this episode: how Clark got 2 stones in 15 minutes, the bad 24 countdown rip-off, and the bad plot that riddled the show to begin with - are we expected to believe a meteor show ONLY hit Smallville? It would hit half the planet and have devastating effects...

But you know what? I don't care. Because this episode was fantastically put together and all the problems I would have had I just shrug my shoulders and just have too much fun with this episode.

10 out of frikkin 10

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎