No announcement yet.

Why 90 minutes and not 2 hours?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why 90 minutes and not 2 hours?

Because the MAN wouldn't let us have 2 hours...

ahem...

scuse me.

Err I mean what is the deal with not letting Smallville have a full on 2 hour event? We all know its gonna seem rushed at parts because of the poor time management this season and getting the story arcs along... but why make that worse with less than the usual time frame for extended shows.

Its just like the normal thing.

If a show is 30 minutes... its extra show gets a 1 hour show. If a show is 1 hour it usually gets 2 hours for its extra show.

So why did Smallville get ripped off? And will it affect the story line do you think?

I believe some of the Commercials, take up some time.

Comment

Yeah it's not even really 90 minutes with commercials and everything

Comment

The actual airing of the show will probably be about an hour, give or take a few minutes.

Comment

I think they probably just needed a little bit more than the normal hour for this episode so they decided to jack it up another half an hour. That being said, the actual episode probably won't be much longer than an hour when taking into account commercials and the ten minute Batman Begins preview.

Comment

I'm guessing it should be around 55-64 minutes long (the episode) and the rest are all commercials

Comment

Don't forget...they had to take up 10 minutes for a big Batman promo Don't get me wrong, I do appreciate the new Batman, but couldn't they give us a little more time with Smallville at the end of the season? Sheesh!

Comment

Reportedly it just ran long and so the network let them extend it's running time and decided to throw in stuff from Batman Begins to finish off the extra half hour and pimp the movie.

I've seen commericals advertising OTH having a 2 hour finale, I have no idea why they don't do that for SV.

Comment

The whole Batman preview running with SMallville is the stupidest (being considerate to site rules) thing I have ever heard of, maybe some people are waiting for the 100th movie of Batman and just because it's called beginnings doesn't make it more of a reason to be all "HYPED" up or to even be in the area of ANY season finale show, and to be in running time with the WB's bread and butter show(SMallville) makes me wonder what the hell goes on in the minds of TPTB. You might as well run air time for for a 10 Minute preview of Starwars too while you're at it, or to put Batman Begins in a competitive atmoshphere just run 10 minutes of "Charlie and the Chocolate factory" same level of movie... Good one WB , Good One,, geniuses...

Comment

Originally posted by manofsteele05
                    The whole Batman preview running with SMallville is the stupidest (being considerate to site rules) thing I have ever heard of, maybe some people are waiting for the 100th movie of Batman and just because it's called beginnings doesn't make it more of a reason to be all "HYPED" up or to even be in the area of ANY season finale show, and to be in running time with the WB's bread and butter show(SMallville) makes me wonder what the hell goes on in the minds of TPTB. You might as well run air time for for a 10 Minute preview of Starwars too while you're at it, or to put Batman Begins in a competitive atmoshphere just run 10 minutes of "Charlie and the Chocolate factory" same level of movie... Good one WB , Good One,, geniuses...

Just because you do like Batman, doesn't mean that others don't.

Comment

Batman Begins is a whole lotta better than the last 2 batman movies. I actually look forward to it and using smallville to promote batman is a pretty smart idea actually

-jim

Comment

The core audience for Batman Begins, are the same people that watch Smallville. The WB is looking to push their biggest movie of the summer, and hopefully jump start a franchise, that quiet frankly lost its steam with the last two films.

Plus it makes perfect sense to but Superman and Batman together, the two most recognized superheros.

Comment

Originally posted by Commonman
                          The core audience for Batman Begins, are the same people that watch Smallville. The WB is looking to push their biggest movie of the summer, and hopefully jump start a franchise, that quiet frankly lost its steam with the last two films.

Plus it makes perfect sense to but Superman and Batman together, the two most recognized superheros.

I agree 110%.

World's finest. Period.

I also agree about it should have been 2 hours. With the batman begins previews it should be a 2 hour, 10 minute event

Comment

It makes me sad when spiderman is not mentioned along with superman and batman.

Comment

regular sized episode, batman trailers, extra commericals, and regular commericals.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎