No announcement yet.

Forgotten Love

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

awwww-good new update!

My only suggestion is to maybe put all flashback scenes in italics, so that it's easier to realize that what we're reading is out of the current action.

I like sensitive Lex...very good.

Comment

Thanks for the advice but when I tried to put it in italics, it didn't work for some reson, but I'll try to put it in a different color. Thanks for the comments at least I know someone's reading. I'll have more soon.

Comment

Chapter 4

A single red rose. That's all he could remember.He had been having dreams of this mystery girl for a couple of weeks now. He never saw her face but he knew that he was happy when he was with her. Tonight he had a dream that he gave her a red rose. What could that mean? No one had mentioned to him that he was dating anyone. Why would they keep it from him? Had his father threatened them?
        All he wanted to do was get eight months of his life back, and it seemed that no one was willing to help him. What were they trying to hide? He really could care less about what his father was hiding, all he wanted to do was find out who this girl was. Every dream only revealed small clues about who she really was. Clark hadn't mentioned that he was seeing anyone. Why wouldn't his best friend tell him something so important? Unless, he didn't know.
        Why wouldn't he tell his best friend that he was seeing someone? Why would he hide it from everyone ....unless he didn't want them to know for some reason. But why?
        ' Oh god, I have got to stop doing this to myself. I'm going to drive myself crazy,' Lex thought as he got out of bed. But a red rose, that didn't sound like him. He must've really loved her.
        Lex went into his closet and found something to wear. He didn't really care what it was that he wore, it was all the same to him.
        'Oh boy this is going to be a long day.'

************************************************** ************************************************** ********************************************

" Lana I don't see why I have to go with you."

" Look I just have to drop some paperwork off at Lex's house and I think it would do you some good to get out of the house."

" But why Lex's house?"

" Chloe you need to learn how to be around him, now you're coming with me and there's no if, ands or buts about it," Lana said as she smiled at Chloe and walked through the door.

" Yes ma'am," Chloe answered as she gave in.

The car ride to the mansion seemed like the longest ride in Chloe's life. She stared out of the window and watched the rain pound the earth.She didn't know why she had agreed to come.

" Do you think it'll ever stop raining?" Lana asked after a few minutes.

" I don't know, my dad says we haven't had rain like this since before the meteor shower. You know that there's a tornado warning out, everybody's saying this is going to be a big storm."

" Oh well, I hope it stops soon, it's starting to ruin my summer," Lana said as they pulled up to the mansion. " Well here we are."

************************************************** ************************************************** ********************************************
        "Miss Lang is here to see you sir."

" Thank you," Lex said to his butler as he let Lana in. Lex watched her walk in and saw that Chloe was with her. For a split second he felt something in the pit of his stomache. Like he knew some deep secret about her. He had never really talked to her, but could she know something? He shook the feeling off and told hisself that he was just being paranoid, besides he and Chloe were barely friends.

" Hi Lana, Chloe, what can I do for you today?"

" Well, I just came by to drop off some paperwork for the Talon," Lana said handing him the folder.

" Thank you."

" Lex, could I use your bathroom," Lana asked innocently. She knew exactly what she was doing, but she wasn't fooling Chloe.

" Sure just down the hall to the left," Lex said.

" Thanks," Lana said as she smiled at Chloe and walked out the door.

" So Chloe, what do you plan to do this summer?" Chloe was startled when he spoke. She hadn't been alone with him in a month and she was afraid of what she might say. She wanted so badly to tell him everything, but he would never believe that he ever dated a seventeen year old high school girl.

" I don't know yet, probably just hang out with Clark and Lana," she answered trying not to look him in the eye.

" That's a nice bracelet, who gave it to you?, " he asked gesturing towards the gold charm bracelet that she was playing with in her hand. She didn't even notice that she was touching it. A look of disappointment came across her face as she realized what he had just asked her. He didn't even recognize the bracelet that he had given her.

" Oh this?," she asked looking down."It's just a gift from an old boyfriend, but he's gone now." she said in a soft voice.

" But yet you still wear it?" Lex asked as he walked behind Chloe to fix himself a drink.

" Well it's kinda hard to let go of." Lex could hear the pain in her voice and he knew that this relationship didn't have a happy ending .

" I see, and I'm guessing this guy broke your heart?"

" Yeah, he did"

" Well, let me tell you from experience that the only way to get over a heartache is to just let it go."

" Well, Lex that's easier said than done," Chloe said as she turned around to face him.

" No one said it was going to be easy. But you can't hold on to things that are going to remind you of him," he said pointing towards the bracelet.

" Lex you don't understand, this wasn't just some meaningless high school relationship," Chloe said with tears welling up in her eyes. " We were in love."

" Come on Chloe listen to yourself. Would someone who loved you hurt you like this?" Lex asked. Just then Lana walked into the room and immediately regretted it when she saw the look on Chloe's face. She knew that she had walked in on something .Chloe turned away from Lex as a tear fell down her cheek.

" No," Chloe said as she took the locket from around her neck and placed it on his desk, " I guess not."

Comment

this is getting very good-please continue soon!

I like that Lex is on the verge of remembering,

Comment

thanks so much I think you're the only one reading! But I already have the next chapter written all I have to do is type it. It'll be really short but good. Thanks again!

Comment

Yeah-waits with excitement!!!!!

Comment

A/N: enjoy the next chapter its getting close to the end now I hope you like it!

Chapter 5

God he hated days like these. Lex sat in his office board with himself. On days like this he had nothing to do. All of his meetings were cancelled and he had already sent his staff home early because of the storm. He was bored with the whole metropolis scene and he had no business in town, so he would spend the day in the mansion. There was nothing on tv and he had already listened to every song on his ipod twice. He got up from behind his desk and started to walk upstairs to the library. If he was going to sit here all day he might as well catch up on his reading. He stared at the hundreds of books that lined his shelves.
                After looking around for a while, he found nothing that peaked his interest and decided that he didn't feel much like reading after all. As he climbed back down the stairs, a glimpse of something shiny on his desk caught his eye. Somehow he didn't remember the object being there before. He walked over to his desk to retrieve it and realized that it was a locket.
                'A locket? With a red rose. But how did it get in my desk? Had it belonged to her? No it couldn't be hers.'
                He would never give anyone a locket. Maybe a pair of earrings, or a bracelet but never this. A locket was something so precious that you only gave to someone you truly loved. And he had never felt that way about anyone before. If only he could remember....
                Lex tossed the necklace back on his desk guessing that one of his maids had found it and put it there. He walked over to the bar and poured himself a glass of scotch. He took the glass and sat down in his favorite armchair by the fireplace. Lex sipped on the drink and listened to the soothing rain. The thunder roared loudly as he slowly drifted off to sleep. God he hated days like these.

Comment

oh, I can't wait to see what happens, does he find out, I wonder???

Comment

A/N: Here's the next chapter I hope you like it.

Chapter 6

"Chloe I'm going to the store to get some things for tonight I'll be right back.," Lana yelled from downstairs.

" Okay I'll finish taping the windows." The storm outside was bad and it was only going to get worse later tonight. The weather channel had advised everyone to prepare for the tornado that was coming that night. Chloe's dad was on Metropolis on business and it would be just her and Lana during the storm. Chloe looked at the clock on her nightstand.

' 6:30, Lana had better hurry back this storm is getting worse.' Outside Chloe could hear the wind holwing and the rain puonding furiously on the roof. She looked outside and saw a few broken branches in the trees and the wind carrying leaves and scraps of paper across her yard." Oh please hurry back Lana."
                    Just then the lights started to flicker and Chloe ran into the kitchen to find a flashlight and candles. She found a match and started to light the candles and sit them around the house. When she was finished, she sat down on the couch just as the power went out. " Great could this day get any worse?" She laid back and closed her eyes. Her mind drifted back to the events earlier that day. She had given Lex one more chance to remember them, and he blew it. There was no way that she was ever going to get him back and now she just was going to have to learn to live without him. She was going to have to let him go.

************************************************** ************************************************** *******************************
                    " Lex, what are we going to do?" she whispered. He took her hands in his own and stared onto her green eyes.

" It's okay. No matter what I will never let my father tear us apart. I will love you forever."

Lex woke up in a cold sweat from his place by the fire. Another dream. But this time it was different. He noticed something this time that he hadn't noticed before. The locket. He went over to his desk and found the locket. He picked it up and opened it. No pictures. Then he turned it over and was shocked to see something that he hadn't noticed before. There engraved in the back was all the proof he needed.
                    " Loved always and forever yours," -Lex
                    He let the locket fall from his hands as he struggled to catch his breathe. His legs gave out from under him and he slid down with his back against the desk. He covered his head with his hands as his brain tried frantically to sort out all of the memories. He remembered the bracelet, the red rose, their dates in Metropolis. He remembered her laugh, her perfume, dancing his office, and giving her the locket, waking up with her in his arms, and the way her lips felt when he kissed her. He grabbed the keys to the porsche and rushed out into the storm.
                    ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************

Chloe was bought back to reality by the ringing of her cell phone.

" Hello?"

" Hey, Chloe it's me"

" Lana are you okay?"

" Yeah I'm fine, my car broke down so I'm staying at Clark's house. Will you be okay by yourself?"

" Yeah I'm fine, okay bye." Just as she hung up, she heard someone banging at the door.
                    " Who is that, and haven't they heard of a doorbell?" Chloe answered the door and drew in a sharp breathe when she saw who it was. Lex was standing there soaking wet and trying to catch his breathe. He looked up at her and her knees felt weak. She held onto the door to keep her balance.

" Chloe, I remember."

Comment

oh!!!! More!

He remembers...heehee, I'm glad. I can't wait to see what happens next. Will they both survive the storm? Will they end up together? Will Clark discover them?

Update as soon as you can!

Comment

A/N: Here's the last chaper I hope you like it! Thanks lex_4_president for sticking by me throughout the whole story and actually reading it. Sorry it took so long. Enjoy!

Chapter 7

" What did you just say?" Chloe asked as she looked up into his eyes. So many nights she had dreamed of him saying those words and now he was actually standing here in front of her. Surely she had heard him wrong. He couldn't have said what she thought he did.

" Chloe," he answered stepping towards her and taking her hand, " I remember everything, I remember us."
                        Chloe could feel the tears burning her eyes. This was it, this was the moment and she couldn't say a word. She brought her hands up to his face and and looked into his eyes. She felt their lips touch as Lex leaned forward and kissed her. It was the softest kiss that either of them had ever had. A kiss only between two people that are in complete and total love. At that moment Lex knew that he wanted to spend the rest of his life with her.

Lex broke the kiss and long enough to look her in the eye. " I love you Chloe, I never stopped loving you." Chloe gave a faint smile as she put her arms around his neck.

" I know."

Their reunion was interrupted by the sound of the sirens. They had been so caught up that they had forgotten about the raging storm outside.

" The tornado, it touched down," Chloe said panicking.

" Where's the closet?" Chloe pointed down the hall as Lex took her hand and led her into the closet. He shut the door behind them and held her against him. Chloe held him by the arms as she looked up at him.

" Lex I'm scared."

" It's okay I'm right here with you. I'll never leave you again." Even with what was happening around her, Chloe knew that she was safe.

************************************************** ************************************************** *****

" Chloe Sullivan"

The audience applauded as she walked across the stage and received her diploma. She looked out and smiled when she saw Lex clapping for her in the front row. This had to be the happiest day in her life.

" Chloe, are you coming to the party tonight?" She was so lost in her thoughts that she hadn't noticed when Lana asked her the question.

" Yeah I'll be there later Lex wants to take me out tonight."

" Okay." Lana smiled to herself as she thought about what Lex had in store for Chloe that night.

************************************************** ************************************************** **********

"Chloe, Lex, you made it," said Clark as the two walked into the party arm in arm with smiles on their faces.

" Hey guys," Lana said as she walked over to the couple.

" So," Chloe said, " can you believe that next year we'll all be in college?"

" Yeah I can't wait, and what about you Chloe you got a full scholarship to Metropolis you must feel really lucky," Lana asked.

" Yeah," Chloe said as she looked down at the diamond ring on her finger and then back up at Lex. " I guess I am."

The end

Comment

awwww-happily ever after

that was cute, great job!

Short, but sweet.

Comment

Thank you so much I'm glad you liked it.

Comment

wow i just read it all now, it's really good, you should write some more, cause i'll read it.

Comment

Thanks I'm thinking about writing a sequel but I don't know. Tell me if you would like that.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎