No announcement yet.

Episode 1.06: Return of the Kane

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Episode 1.06: Return of the Kane

In Return of the Kane, Wanda and Duncan ran against each other for student council president. Now, the first time I watched it, I was confused and I just rewatched it and I'm still confused.

What did Wanda do to Veronica? Veronica acted like she was backstabbed and that Wanda pinned something on her. I still don't get what it was.

Anyone know what I'm talking about? Anyone else confused by this? It's nothing huge but it's been bugging me.

I think Wanda threw the election somehow, making sure Duncan won for the second time.

After all the effort Veronica had gone to, to get Wanda in, she was kinda pissed. At the end she says something like "Ye know, it doesn't really matter. I didn't vote for you anyway".

But I duno, that's what i took from it, i could be wrong.

Comment

That could be it but Wanda said something about not being able to get into a good college cause she got caught with possession or something. So I thought she did something so Veronica would take the fall for something cause she said she couldn't have another charge.

*sigh* I don't know...

Comment

Unless she said veronica was in posession of drugs, and that was what the locker search was for?

Or the "narc" thing

Comment

Yeah maybe it was one of those. It doesn't really matter because it's nothing of importance but wanted to ask.

Thanks!

Comment

She was a narc, thats why Weevil didn't like her. She lied on someone else. Also she was the reason for Veronica getting her locker searched. I'm pretty sure she did say Veronica had something.

Comment

This episode is one of the difficult episodes for me... only because it is the only episode in which I have a very hard time liking the character of Logan. His homless boxing is absolutely disgusting, which is probably why this episode also featured some back story on Logan, explaining who his father is and his relationship with his father. This episode is still hard to stomach... what drives Logan to videotaping and gambling on a homless boxing match he organizes? Is it just to get the attention of his father and piss him off? Probably not since he reacted so badly to the website. The most poignant interaction in the episode is when the homeless man asks him "hey you find some sucker who's willing to make a ***** out of himself for cash?" right after Aaron has just sold himself for eight figures... and you can see the look in Logan's eyes as he decides he won't make a ***** of himself for cash. To be honest this is an overall standout episode for Logan development. I think Logan's line about not always being the bad guy and being responsible for the things that go wrong in Veronica's life forshadows the relationship yet to come between them and her inability to trust him.

Additionally, this is a Duncan episode... since it is return of the Kane. For the first time... Jake Kane actually seems to be a likeable Dad... as he tries to convince Duncan to be passionate about something in life. And the little interchange about not telling Celeste or her personal trainer about the fast food stop is priceless. Duncan also earns bonus points by proving Veronica wrong... both in the flashback and in his first speech as student council president we see an active Duncan who cares about his fellow students. Additionally, Veronica ends up being very wrong about Wanda. This episode marks the start of the turning of the tables on the audience... the show begins to present Veronica as sometimes being wrong... especially about people... and now we, as the audience, are forced to begin questioning her, her impressions and her decisions?

Best Quotes:
              Madison: You're not allowed delivery!
              Wanda: And you're not allowed to breathe my air. Go! Shoo! Return to Xanadu.

Veronica: ...We used to be in pep squad together.
              Wallace: You two seem less... pep.
              Lilly: Check you out Veronica Mars... you're like a rocker chick now. You and I... we'd have a lot of fun together... Yeah...f I wasn't dead and stuff.
              Veronica: Why would he have wanted to kill you?
              Lilly: Honestly! I was awesome, right?

Veronica: I want to find out who this kid is and what art room he voted in.
              Wallace: Yeah, and I want a
              statue of myself in the main lobby, holding a musket and staring down
              danger. Since we're talking about stuff we want.

Veronica: Bravo, Logan! It's a new low. And just when the critics were having some doubts.
              Logan: Must be talking about your narc friend Wanda. But isn't it time that you found another bad guy? I just don't have time to be responsible for every little thing that goes wrong in your life.
              Veronica Voiceover: You'd think I'd quit being surprised at finding a knife in my back.

Best Lyrics:
              Ventura highway in the sunshine...Where the days are longer... The nights are stronger than moonshine... You’re gonna go I know... ’cause the free wind is blowin’ through your hair... And the days surround your daylight there... Seasons crying no despair... Alligator lizards in the air, in the air...

Comment

Re: Question about Return of the Kane

Originally posted by clarkoholic
                In Return of the Kane, Wanda and Duncan ran against each other for student council president. Now, the first time I watched it, I was confused and I just rewatched it and I'm still confused.

What did Wanda do to Veronica? Veronica acted like she was backstabbed and that Wanda pinned something on her. I still don't get what it was.

Anyone know what I'm talking about? Anyone else confused by this? It's nothing huge but it's been bugging me.
                I was confused about the exact same thing. Wanda had a drug charge on her record and agreed to throw the election if it was wiped clean. That way she would be able to get into college. But what I don't understand is what Veronica said, which was "you were willing to wreck my future to save your own?" How did Wanda throwing the election have anything to do with V's future?

Comment

Wanda didn't agree to throw the election in order to get the drug charge removed, she agreed to nark on other students attending Neptune High. Veronica's line about her future relates to the fact that Veronica set a trap for her by pretending to have a way to get Ecstacy to see if Wanda would nark on her. Wanda went to the authorities and told them that Veronica was in possession of drugs.

Comment

Really? I completely missed that.

Comment

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who was confused. Then again, this show tends to confuse me quite a bit.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎