No announcement yet.

Episode 1.15: Russkie Business

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Episode 1.15: Russkie Business

Okay I was thinking about this yesterday when Neptune had the 80's dance what our favorite characters were dressed as and I was thinking that the outfits they were in kind of reflected their persona

Veronica as Madonna ( Desperately Seeking Susan) changing and evoling a good person who breaks the rules

Meg as Molly Ringwald (Pretty in Pink) Molly was always cast as the good girl who ended up with the popular rich boy

Logan as Tom Cruise (Riskie Business) a basic good guy who gets into a little trouble

Duncan can't remember

So what do you think of this theory?

;

Hey your right! I can't think of anyone in particular who Duncan was supposed to be but the others are pretty right on. Maybe TPTB did that on purpose.

OH, Leo was one of the Miami Vice guys. He's a cop.

Comment

oh, oh! Duncan was Duckie, who was basically a good guy who didn't end up with the girl!!! Oh, it's a sign, Logan and Veronica are meant to be! (can anyone tell what shipper i am?)

Comment

Duckie!!! I didn't realized that's who he was!

Comment

If ever my inner love for Logan will come out... it is going to be now. This is a great episode for the Logan fans... because our favorite bad boy breaks down completely... fulfilling every girl's fantasy (of course until they actually experience it) of helping the hard as rock male fantasy when he becomes an emotional wreck. And Veronica is no exception as she holds Logan lovingly & confusidly after he breaks down in her arms.

A little shout out to the Buffy alum... making their first presence on VM in the shape of Alyson Hannigan, who plays Logan's half-sister Trina. And she does well... she matches Logan in his nasty banter... and odd familial sense of duty and love. Particularly amusing is her misunderstanding of the situation.. believing that Logan & Veronica are at the hotel for prom and are now an item... foreshadowing upcoming episodes when the tables turn and Logan announces Veronica as his girlfriend.

Plus... you gotta love the 80s themed dance and the well chosen costumes. Meg is suitably Molly Ringwald from Pretty in Pink - Duncan is Ducky from Pretty in Pink, which seems odd since he really is more of an Andrew McCarthy character... does this mean something more - Logan is Tom Cruise from Risky Business... suitably half-naked, liquored up and out of control - Leo is the dude from Miami Vice, which is also fitting and also foreshadowed his demise as Veronica's love interest - Veronica is early Madonna, done up ala Desperately Seeking Susan... so to some extent she's Rosanna Arquette's character who dressed up like Madonna's character and went searching for her, while her memory was lost and she was forced to assume her identity... sorry badly described... but very fitting considering the identity VM has been forced to take in Neptune... and the fact that she ends up finding her mother at the end of the episode.

Also, notice that Logan while severly intoxicated seems very clingy to Miss. Mars and slightly jealous or at least obnoxious to Deputy Leo... repeatedly asking "who is this guy?"... the hints I didn't pick up on earlier are all there with closer study.

Best Quotes:
          Duncan: Don't be stingy with the glitter. Remember, it's an '80s dance.
          Veronica Voiceover: When I've had my
          fill of soulmates, glitter, and puppy love, I always find a private
          detective's office a refreshing change of pace....Nothing soothes the
          nausea, headache and occasional dizziness of a romance overdose like a
          glimpse of the aftermath. The custody battles, the affairs, and what
          I'm guessing is a trophy wife looking for her golden parachute.
          Wallace: What is it with you girls and your girly-girl drama? What are you now? A love detective?
          Veronica: Wallace, if you do this for me, we'll be best friends forever. Come on! Don't you want us to be BFF?
          Wallace: All right, all right. But next time we hang out, you gotta actually hang out.
          Logan's Answering Machine: This is
          Logan with today's inspirational greeting. "The future belongs to those
          who believe in the beauty of their dreams." Eleanor Roosevelt. Leave a
          message.
          Logan: Wow, sugarpuss. You've certainly been a busy little bee. Ah, she's a keeper.
          Veronica: I just thought it would be nice if, instead of breaking people up, we brought them together for once.
          Keith: Honey, we're private investigators, not the friggin' Love Boat.

Meg: Well? What do you think?
          Veronica: I look like Manila Whore Barbie.
          Logan: There's no point in you goin' in there, Trina. Entertainment Tonight is not covering it.
          Trina: Bummer. Well, I guess I'll just drag your sorry little self home.
          Logan: As long as you let me puke in your car.
          Trina: Of course. Just like old times.
          Leo: Promising young man.

Comment

Wow you floor me again, Queen !!! Cool

Comment

The thing that always gets me about this episode is the courting of Meg. Duncan is so typical heartthrob in an 80's movie... sweeping romantic gestures... secret admiration. What's odd to me is that Meg is really a substitute Veronica. Meg is Veronica before Lilly's death... at least from my observations in the flashbacks. Meg is sweet, kind, and liked by everyone... she wears the pastels, has long blond hair, and acts quite virginal. It's interesting that Duncan chooses her. More interesting is that when he finally gets her and has her in his arms, he looks down at Meg and then looks over at the new hard Veronica, still with a hint of regret.

And seriously... no matter how many times I watch it, I'm blown away by the adorableness of Logan and Veronica pretending to be engaged. Also, can't help but point out the great foreshadowing of Duncan's attempt of humor by faking jealousy & pretending something is going on between Logan and Veronica.

Comment

Too bad we find out Logan's mom is really gone. Great episode, Veronica actually get's a date/

Comment

this is probly my favorite episode of season 1 purly based on logan..
                  ~Come on, everyone, let's Wang Chung tonight! What? Everybody Wang Chung tonight! Wang Chung or I'll kick your ass!~
                  FUNNIEST LINE EVER

Comment

Logan is pretty adorable in his helpless drunken way. Veronica is so funny with him in the hallway as he repeatedly asks who Leo is.

Comment

Hey. I'm looking for a song, which is playing in the background: It starts in the scene, when Veronica gives the adresse about ”Tom Cruz” to the russian lady, Cathrine, and continues in to the next scene, where to russian men are entering the fake house, and findes Keith in the kitchen. The song is played on piano, but drums and bass is also ”on”.

It’s also played in Season 1, ” Weapons of Class Destruction”, when Veronica is talking to Duncan about her investigation on Lillys murder, in the journalism-room.

Please help! I need this song...

Thanks..

Comment

I just rewatched this episode today. It is one of my favorites from season 1. I LOVE when Logan breaks down and cries in the hotel lobby and V comforts him. It is the beginning of LoVe...

I love the whole 80s dance, and getting to see Meg and V hang out...even though I'm not a big Meg fan, it's nice to see V hang out with someone other than dudes.

Leo! He is so adorable! Even though Veronica has used him multiple times and admitted it, he still likes her. I think I will always have a special place in my heart for Leo, because, before Logan, I really liked V with him. Obviously this all changed when I saw how amazing LoVe is, but at the time, I was so in love with Leo and wanted V to date him.

One thing that I really liked about this episode is that the end tied back to the beginning. Keith had V send the Russians to that model house that the party was in. I just like to see things tied together, even little things like that, at the end of shows.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎