Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Torn (missing scene from "Blank")

Rating: PG

Disclaimer: Not my characters.

Author’s note: Double drabble/missing scene from “Blank.” (Lois: “Mr. Kent has a one-way ticket on the Ambien Express.”) Thanks to Smallvillian.

Torn

Martha stood in the doorway of the hospital room with the cell phone Clark had lent her for emergencies in her hand, not realizing she was clutching it almost hard enough to break it.

Every nerve in her body was screaming at her to go to her son, to rush home before it was too late. She bit her lip, trying to fight back the thought pushing itself into her mind: If Clark were going to give himself away, he would have already done it.

But Chloe’s voice had sounded so calm, so normal. Still, that didn’t mean she hadn’t seen . . .

“Martha?”

The murmur came from the bed inside the room. Martha walked over and put a hand to Jonathan’s cheek.

“You’re supposed to be sleeping,” she whispered.

“Is . . . Clark . . . ?” His voice trailed off.

“Clark is fine.” Martha was surprised by the firmness of her own words. “Now go back to sleep.”

His drooping eyelids blinked once, and closed. Martha stood studying the lines on his face in the dim light. Then she sat down on the bed, gathered his hand in one of hers, and covered her own face.

The End

See? Now something like this would have added so much depth to the Kents in this episode. Superb addition, Renee (again!).

Comment

I know it gets redundant, but ... Yea, Renee!

On a side note - in response to your question from another fanfic thread ... I have a few ideas running through my head - one crossover in particular has been running rampant in my imagination lately. I will try to type it up some time soon and *gulp* gather the courage to send it to you ...

To continue the Blank ideas ... If they don't hurry up and have "the talk," we just may have to write that too ...

Comment

That would be great. Which show are you going to cross with "Smallville"? (Wait, let me guess . . . "Nash Bridges"? ) Anyway, I hope to see it soon.

Thanks for the nice words, guys!

Comment

Great scene, Renee!

I must say I was disappointed that none of Clark's parents (Martha in this case) rushed back home after learning what had happened to their son. So many years taking care of keeping his secret and they just leave him alone at such a dangerous situation... I don't buy that.

Still, very good job, Renee.

Comment

Hey, that was awesome! Even though it was short, i can totally tell that you are a good writer! Keep it up, i hope to read anything written by u in the future!

Comment

This was great!!! I had always wanted the Kents to be in that episode. Even though they probably would have kept him under lock and key at the house, lol, I still wanted to see their reaction to what happened. This was a great addition to the episode!

Comment

Originally posted by Renee28
                That would be great. Which show are you going to cross with "Smallville"? (Wait, let me guess . . . "Nash Bridges"? ) Anyway, I hope to see it soon.

Thanks for the nice words, guys!
                ... Actually, I hadn't thought of that one ... hmm

Girl_Next_Door - Renee IS very good ... she has several more stories/drabbles posted. You should check them out

Comment

Loved it!

Comment

loved it renee. keep writing more!

Comment

I believe that there is a deleted scene on the DVD. Clark walks into the house as Martha and Jonathon come down from upstairs. They were worry about him. They told Clark that they discussed whether they would have told him about the events of the pass few years if he still didn't have his memory back. They might not have told him because of the stress that it caused him.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎