Clark/Lois fan fic requests

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have one on the go at the minute which should see the light of day within the next week or so. It's based on the scene where Lois takes Clark out for a drink at the end of 'Apocalypse' and is just an excuse for some drunken antics on her part, and for him its a refreshing change from the misery that was his life around that time (a comatose Lana, Brainiac on the prowl, Lex close to cracking the secrets of Veritas, etc etc). You guys have found much of my other stuff funny so hopefully this one doesn't disappoint. As ever, I'm playing within the boundaries of events that occurred in the actual episodes so there's no romantic Clois. Sorry!

Comment

• The one above is still a little way from completion.

I usually have several ideas on the go. Some of them form part of a longer story whereas some don't really fit the longer narrative. Those are the ones that end up as shorts with just a little restructuring.

One of the things with this show is how the 'time reboot' episodes feel so rushed. I think this is the case with both 'Reckoning' and 'Infamous' and in both, Clark's decision-making is hasty and panicky as he worries over protecting his secret. In the former, it's Jor-el asking him if he's sure and in the latter, it's Chloe. Both are asking him to consider the bigger picture but he is too blinkered.

I have one in the works which adds scenes between the original and rebooted timeline of 'Infamous'. When I say it's an unusual solution, it really is! It's taken quite a lot of thinking about to have it make sense because I still need it to segue into the rebooted timeline as seamlessly as possible. I want Clark's conclusions and decision-making to hold up (he says Lois can never know his secret, and he stands her up on their 'coffee date') so even though those things still happen, how he reaches those conclusions and makes those decisions portrays him in a much better light. For one thing, it never made sense why he concluded that Lois could never know his secret because it wasn't her knowledge of it that caused his subsequent problems, rather the fact he went public with it.
      Last edited by Bally; 01-29-2017, 12:06 PM.

Comment

• A new addition to my 'The Trouble with...' series should be completed some time over the next week. I won't say what it's about except to say it involves something that was shown in an episode yet not explained because the scene containing the explanation was deleted. But for a minor change to the dialogue, I think that scene should have been kept in. Anyway, we also have a bit of embarrassment involving a musical interlude.

There are also 2 separate tales based around 'Infamous'. One is pretty straightforward but taking time to finish, and the other is the very complicated story I've mentioned in the previous few posts in this thread. I don't know when they'll be ready but hopefully they'll be worth it when they are.
        Last edited by Bally; 03-23-2017, 03:29 PM.

Comment

• Progress update:

Another instalment in my 'The Trouble with...' series should be ready in the next week. It just needs a few finishing touches to give it a better flow to the dialogue. The situation, as with the others in this series, is simple and silly but hopefully just as amusing. It's not actually Clois even though I'm mentioning it here - more Lollie (I'm not a fan of portmanteau terms for pairings because I'm not the shipper type but readers understand what they mean, so I just go with it).

The first of my two stories set around 'Infamous' is not far off either. It basically fills in the blanks from the scene where Lois and Clark are talking in the supply room, to when Clark is outside and being treated like a celebrity. It's a tad complicated so I'm just quadruple checking and editing it to make sure that what we were shown after those scenes is not discarded. Think of the story as missing scenes.

The second story set during 'Infamous' is one that I'm really struggling with. I don't want to post the first couple of chapters and leave it hanging. The premise is to add a scenario following Clark's first use of the Legion ring, where the do-over doesn't change things back how he'd expected. He has to try and figure out how to correct the new situation with a new do-over but the development lends him some better perspective for the conclusions he actually drew later on in the episode. The idea is the conclusions and actions we saw from him following the do-over shown in the episode to still be the same, but to make him look less panicky and ill-reasoned in his decision making. The inspiration for this one came from a single line quoted by Clark to Chloe - "Lois can never know who I really am." - because none of what we saw made it seem as though he was being sensible with that opinion. Instead, what we saw made it clear that she really should know. It's the rest of the world that didn't need to. I've not put a timescale on when this one will be ready.

Then there are the much longer stories I'm working on. Again, both are some way off completion. The one I've mentioned before set around season 7 has received a massive tweak to make the story work better. This is the story where I've introduced an entirely new character but the problem I've had to contend with is that he gets no mention in later episodes (not surprising since I've made him up!), and so that's where the tweak comes in. I've also extracted a few moments from the unloved so-called Arc of Suck because I reckon they work better within my context. What I'm trying to do here is put across the notion that the reader can read my story instead of watching season 7, then they can watch season 8 and beyond pretty much as is, except the Lana aspects from season 8 are not there. Indeed, 8x13 (Power) wouldn't exist! It's complicated and very frustrating for me because it feels like I've only been doing only a couple of paragraphs a month for the past few months. Thankfully it's not on a deadline!

Lastly, I took a small idea out of the above story and I am expanding on it separately to write it like a proper episode - right down to the one-word title - so there will be numerous strands and scenes. It's set between 7x05 (Action) and 7x06 (Lara) and the main strand is supposed to be one of those humorous takes on the effects of meteor rock. The existing episodes I'd say it's closest to are 3x05 (Perry) and 9x13 (Persuasion). Saying more would give the game away, but it gives me the chance to write a little Chloe hacking - something I've yet to touch upon in my stories.

As ever, thanks for continuing to read and support my work.

Comment

• Mm

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎