This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wayne's World (1992).

Comment

• Sahara (1943). Watching a movie, set in a desert, during a heatwave... is really immersive.

Comment

• 1) Interstellar
        2) Inception
        I'm crazy about Christopher Nolan's movies, he creates masterpieces

Comment

• Hot Shots! (1991).

Comment

• Yellow Submarine (1968).

Comment

• Shang-Chi & The Legend of the Ten Rings - It was a great martial arts film. It’s also a great standalone film that one doesn’t have to be an MCU fan to enjoy. I don’t know where they’ll go with it after that ending (I mean there’s a vague direction they can go in with the 2 post credit scenes) but this is a character/story that could go anywhere.

Heading to see it again!😁

Comment

• Hitchcock (2012).

Comment

• Do The Right Thing (1989).

Comment

• Dragonslayer (1981).

Comment

• Lawrence of Arabia (1962).

Comment

• Honey, I Shrunk the Kids (1989). Followed it up with Honey, I Blew Up the Kid (1992) and Honey, We Shrunk Ourselves (1997).

Didn't think that the two sequels were as good as the original. Though, there were aspects that I liked. In the first one, Nick is the stereotypical nerd, interested in science. In the second one, he's shown to have grown (as has Amy, who is shown getting ready for college). Developing new interests. Wayne and Diane have a new child named Adam (along with a brand-new house, establishing how the family's lives have changed since the first film), who is the one who becomes a giant. In the third one, Adam is ten, while Nick and Amy have both moved out of the house (as they'd both be in their 20s by then). The passage of time is allowed to happen. Changes in the characters lives. It's Nick and Amy's kid brother, who becomes a giant in the second one (not one of them). In the third one, their kid brother is ten and they've grown up (and left the nest). Alot of film franchises would be tempted to try and keep the status quo (see the National Lampoon's Vacation series): Nick and Amy are always about the same age. It's always them who gets into trouble (i.e. it's one of them who becomes a giant in the second one. It's Amy who decides to throw a party, while the parents are seemingly away).

Shortly after the release of the third movie, a television series (seemingly set between the first and second movie, as Diane announces that she's pregnant with her and Wayne's third child (which would be Adam), in the penultimate episode) in the went on the air. It had the role of Wayne being taken over by Peter Scolari. I actually thought about Peter, while rewatching the first film, yesterday (though, this was a few hours before the announcement of his passing).

There is currently a fourth movie in development, centered around John Gad as Nick. I wonder if they'll acknowledge the second and third movie. Hopefully, Amy and Adam gets more of an ackowledgement, than Nick and Amy in the third. They're mentioned in one scene, in a conversation over which summer camp Adam will go to. No details of what they're doing now. Of course, that means that the fourth film can't really contradict anything about Nick's life post-teens. If they have Nick be married to Mandy, it'd be fun if they could get Keri Russell back.
                        Last edited by jon-el87; 10-23-2021, 11:11 AM.

Comment

• Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (1989).

Comment

• Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (2008). Hadn't seen it in over a decade. Could've been better. Thought Shia LaBeouf was miscast. I'm willing the overlook/accept the whole Indy surviving a nuclear explosion in a fridge business. In the previous entry in this series, he drank out of the holy grail. An act said to grand immortality (or, at the very least, very long life). We're dealing with mystical objects here. Maybe a side effect of drinking from the grail is being able to survive a nuclear explosion.
                            Last edited by jon-el87; 10-27-2021, 12:05 PM.

Comment

• The Thin Man (1934).

Comment

• Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom (1984).

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎