No announcement yet.

A dance for Chloe

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A dance for Chloe

This is what should have happened to Chloe on prom night. Or something like it.

Chloe sat at the table watching them. They danced to the slow song and she saw it. The love in his eyes as he gazed down at her. She returned his gaze with an expression of love mingled with happiness. Then he held her close and she leaned against his chest. He then buried his nose in her hair.

She thought it would never hurt her again, but she was wrong. And she hated her self for it. She also felt a twinge of hatred for the boy who ingnited these long lost feelings. Why can't she get over him? What makes him so damn special? And as petty as it sounded, what does he see in Lana? They barely spoke all year and it was mostly awkward and full of tension.

She sighed loudly and clutched the crown she won at the prom, all hail to the queen. Some prize, she was the prom queen and yet here she was all alone. She could barely hear her cousin's words of consolation and she numbly nodded. Tears threatened to come and she thought, Oh great now I'm going to cry. For a moment she wished she could pull a Carrie and burn down the gym. I gotta get out of here.

Just when she started to stand up, she heard a voice seemingly out of nowhere, "Now that's just not right. What's the prom queen doing all by her self like a wallflower?"

Chloe looked up in surprise. A boy stood next to her. He had blond hair that stood up like it was windblown and his eyes twinkled. His smile was full of mischief and fun. He wore a black tux with a red bow tie. There was something familiar about him though, where did she see him before?

"Um, I was just resting that's all. Do I know you?"

The boy grinned, "This should jog your memory." He reached into his coat and presented a red tulip, "They still are your favorite are they?"

Chloe stood up, "You...you're that kid Clark brought to the Talon. Barry...Brady...um, Bart! What are you doing here?"

"Oh I was just in the neighborhood, when I heard there was a prom going on and certain cute blond got elected prom queen."

"Right, and you do remember I shot you down at our first meeting."

"Hey, all is forgiven. I figured you probably had a bad day or something. I mean, why else would you shoot me down?"

Chloe frowned, "Well your arrogance for starters."

"Hm, does that mean I won't get to dance with her highness?"

"I think I'd prefere to sit if it's all the same to you."

Bart shrugged, "Well I could have shown you the time of your life, but if you'd rather sit and watch farm boy over there make goo-goo eyes at Lana Lang than be my guest. I mean, I only thought the prettiest girl in Smallville high would like one dance before the night is over."

Chloe scoffed, "Yeah well that shows how much you know and...wait, you think I'm pretty?"

Bart raised his eyebrows, "Do you see me talking to anyone else?" then he extended his hand, "Come on Chloe, what do you say? It's chance of a lifetime. I'll show you the time of your life versus sitting here all alone."

Chloe looked at the offered hand and looked over at Lois. She smiled and mouthed the words "Go for it". She gave one more glance over at Clark and Lana, and then knew Bart was right, she shouldn't let them ruin her night. A smile slowly spread on her face and she placed her hand in his, "Why yes Bart, I would like this dance." she said with a regal air.

"Your wish is my command your highness," Bart led her to the dance floor. He made her laugh inspite of her self. He twirled her around the floor and dipped her a couple of times. She soon forgot about Clark and Lana. As Chloe danced, she felt indeed like the prettiest girl in Smallville.

The end
    Last edited by VersesBatman; 04-28-2005, 12:19 PM.

awww! i love chloe and bart scene's!!! yay! this was really cute good job

Comment

Fantastic, Verses! If only it had really happened that way on the show. I'd have stood and cheered if they'd brought Bart back just to show Chloe a great time.

Comment

I would have loved that too! One nice dance. Was it too much to ask for?

Comment

I never saw Run so I don't know the interaction between Chloe and Bart, but I do like this. Chloe deserved so much better!

Comment

It was a brief little scene where Clark takes bart to the Talon and he flirts with Chloe and he speeds off to bring her a tulip after she says off-handedly that they were her favorite flower.

I thought it was so cute.

Comment

Sweet story, VB. Didnt have to be the flash either, any guy not possessed by Lana-lust shouldve had the smarts to dance with the prom queen.

Comment

Thanks. I felt Chloe needed this.

Comment

Originally posted by sstray72
                  Sweet story, VB. Didnt have to be the flash either, any guy not possessed by Lana-lust shouldve had the smarts to dance with the prom queen.
                  That's true -- but all the same, it's especially nice to think of Bart being the one. They had a lot of chemistry in their brief scene; I think she got a kick out of his flirting and that "I'm hot stuff" act of his (which you captured very well, Verses).

Comment

Thank you. That scene made me love the little scamp even more.

Comment

This was great!! I'm so glad it was Bart. He and Chloe look so cute together.

Great job. I love it!

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Sweet! Although Bart isn't my choice for Chloe (I feel Bruce Wayne is more appropriate) , it's still good to think she didn't get shafted at Prom.

Comment

Really? I'm actually writing a Chloe/Bruce story.

Comment

Awww that's so cute! I wish something like that had happened during Spirit.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎