Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Red Dwarf

KryptonSite Moderator HuffyTheCampfireSlayer's Avatar
    UK by way of SoCal by way of UT by way of the UK!

The Red Dwarf Thread

Here you go, Teen Chef. Now we can all talk about Red Dwarf all we like. I know there are other fans of the show on the board.

KryptonSite Moderator JollyCynic's Avatar
    I think you're missing the really big issue here, Huffy, and that's what we should name this thread.

How about the Community of Largely Intelligent Terrans Organized for RedDwarf Internet Socialization?

ROTFLMAO!

I love Red Dwarf! Is there any news if there is going to be a new season or not? I see Lister on Robot Wars all the time.

Craig Charles has just finished filming the seventh series of Robot Wars.

As for a new series, there won't be a new one until after the Red Dwarf movie, which is all written and ready to be produced. The difficult part was finding a time when all the actors would be available to start filming, so it's now filming's been put back to May 2004, they say it will be released world-wide, which should be cool. And there may be another series after the film, if the film does well. It's kind of a wait and see thing.

But they are releasing all the series on DVD now. You can now buy series 1-3.

The first few years are funny and all, but I like the later ones with Cochanski(sp?).

As for the movie, I hope it comes out in the U.S., because there is a huge cult following of the show here.

I really couldn't stand the new Kochanski. She really, really annoyed me. I much rather prefered Claire Grogan as Kochanski, than Chloe Annett. They wanted to get Claire Grogan back, but she was busy with other projects at the time. I found Chloe's Kochanski to be annoying and harsh. But I have really liked her in other roles she's played.

I loved the tacky look of the earlier series, I'm not sure if I could pick a favourite one. But it certainly wouldn't be one of the later. It just hasn't been as good as it's been in the past in the later series, IMO.

Well, I may be a bit biased being male and all, but Chloe Annett in red leather holds a certain appeal.
    As for her Kochanski being more harsh and annoying, remember, she was stranded from her reality and thrust in with these goofballs. I'd be harsh in the same situation, too.

It's just that previously she'd seemed like a nicer more patient character, is all.

I'd like to see all the episodes, but I don't know if I'd want to buy a DVD of it. It is good, but can get really dirty at times. I'm surprised that PBS plays them.

I much, much preferred Claire Grogan. Most (okay, all) of the other male US fans I've met really didn't care much for either Kochanski. The only other US fan of the character was a woman, and she liked Claire Grogan, too.

I don't think Chloe Annett had much chemistry with the other actors ... but that could have been an odd-(wo)man out syndrome. Anybody who comes to an ensemble cast after over half a decade is going to lag a little bit in blending in. Unless, y'know, she's a polymorph.

But they're all British girls. So it's a no-lose situation as far as I'm concerned.

i LOVE Red Dwarf! I can't wait to see the movie, although i really hope they don't use too many computerised images, like in the last series, i preferred it when the effects were a bit cheesy!!!!!

Same here, I loved the models they used and the tacking sets. *giggle* It was part of it's charm.

this board is like a dream come true, smallville, buffy and RED DWARF what more could i ask for?

Perhaps some toast?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast