General Beta/Editor Request Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all! I know this thread went dead quite a while back, but I was hoping we could revive it again perhaps? So here's a posting OFFERING and REQUESTING beta/editor services!

First off, I'd love to edit people's work! I don't have previous beta experience, but I do have experience editing several creative writing papers at school as well as essays and stuff. Anyways:
    Name: Quad
    Age: I'm 18+, but please do not give me NC-17 stories to edit. I prefer my G - PG13 stories.
    My strengths: I'm great with grammar (except for the use of commas--if you have a problem with commas, I probably, have, a, bigger, problem). I'm also good at giving suggestions for character development, general plot development ideas/feedback, and honest (but humble) opinions on anything you would like my opinion on!
    What I like to read: Anything, really. I like stories with plots, but I also enjoy one-shots. I don't do well with writing romantic stories and therefore wouldn't be too much help with purely romance-based stories, but I will be happy to provide my feedback nonetheless! I particularly like stories that stay true to the Smallville universe, but I can dabble into AU also.

In terms of requesting beta... there's one story I'm working on in particular that I wouldn't mind getting extra, focused feedback on. I just started it and it will be slow in development because of my other commitments at this time, so having a long-term beta would be fantastic! However, if you'd rather just do a chapter or portion of the story, that's fine too. It's regarding Margaret Isobel Thoreaux/Lana in Season 4. Main reason I'm writing it is because I dislike Lana (immensely) but want to explore her psyche so that I can at least feel like I tried to understand where her character was coming from. So any feedback especially regarding how realistic Lana's character development is/how true her character is to original SV Lana would be very helpful too! Story name: Haunted Destiny.

Hope to hear from someone regarding the offer/request soon!

Comment

hi I have new fic that I am looking for a beta
      for its a smallville Buffy the vampire slayer crossover Rating NC-17

the setting is AU where the parasite happened when they were seniors and more happened than them simply making out Chloe discovers she is pregnant and tries to find out what happened but no one will tell her frustrated she makes a wish and its granted by a vengeance demon but she has her own secrets
      the pairings are Chloe/Clark Buffy/Spike Willow/Oz

I'm not sure how long the fic will end up

let me know if you would be interested Thanks

Found beta thanks again
      Last edited by KalChloe1; 06-11-2014, 06:01 AM.

Comment

Hi looking for beta for two new fics

Title: Secrets
        Author:KalChloe1
        Pairings: Kal-El/Chloe, Clark/Chloe
        Rating: M
        Warnings: sexual situations
        Summary: AU. What if Chloe had her own secrets? Two years after fleeing Smallville she returns with a toddler. This is a prequel to another fiction Prophecy Smallville/Wolf Lake Cross over.

and

Title: Twins
        Author: KalChloe1
        Pairings: Kal-El/Chloe
        Rating: NC-17
        Warnings: Sexual content, lots of Clark torturer
        Summary: Clark’s life is turned upside down when Black Kryptonite separates him and Kal-El. Now everyone believes he has a long lost brother. Kal-El wreaks havoc on Clark starting with his best friend. Clark realizes too late how much Chloe means to him. Can he save his friendship and possible convince her that he is the one she should be with or will he lose her forever to Kal-El.

please let me know if you are interested in either thanks

found
        Last edited by KalChloe1; 06-27-2014, 04:55 PM.

Comment

Looking for a beta for
          Stranded in a Strange World
          Author: KalChloe1
          Couples: Smallville: Clark/Chloe Spike/Buffy Willow/Oz alternative universe Kal-El/Chloe Lex/Lana Buffy/Spike Willow/Oz
          Rating NC-17
          Warnings: Violence, sexual situations, Clark torture
          Summary: Willow casts a spell to make her two friends see they are meant to be together. Her spell goes dangerously wrong. Clark and Chloe are pulled into another reality where he discovers the choices his double made were very different from his own.
          if interested let me know
          thanks

Comment

The wonderful Beta I had for Missing Pieces has become too busy if anyone is interested in Betaing Missing pieces

Clark/Chloe Rating NC-17
            summary Au Futuristic Clark is unaware of what happened in Metropolis with Kal-el. Years later, he discovers that not only is Chloe alive but he has two children. In my story the red-k incident happened when they were seniors.
            If you are interested please let me know
            Thanks

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎