General Beta/Editor Request Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, I'd like someone to beta a short fic that I am working on. The first draft is finished, so now I need help deciding what needs improving/changing.

It's a Clark POV future fic, exploring the Clark/Lois relationship (but technically not a romance). It's G rated, nothing bad here. It's 49KB (3 pages) or approx 1300 words.

It is my first ever "Smallville" fic and I am after the basics such as spelling, punctuation, grammar, characterization, etc. I really want someone to be totally honest in what they think, if it works or not. I also have a couple of points to question on, so if you can help me out I'd be very grateful.

PM me or email me ([email protected]) if you are interested. Thanks.

Comment

Hi. Just giving you hints: this would be my first fanfic and English is not my first language.

I really appreciate anyone who can correct my grammar, spelling, vocabulary, plot, anything to make it read-worthy.

Genre: Comedy
      Pov: Lex
      Length: 6 pages

Please email me at [email protected] if you are interested. Thanks a lot

Comment

My name is Deegan
        I am 20 about to be 21 years old
        I have beta-read before on other sites
        My strengths are characterization, punctuation, grammar, etc.
        I am an english major so I would be very good at any of the previous.
        I have watched smallville since the beginning and although I am fairly new to the message boards I have read a lot of the fanfics on this site so I think that I would do very well. I am a security guard and am online almost 8 hrs a day so I would be very quick in getting stories back to the authors
        I'll read anything under NC-17

Comment

I have a smallville fanfic that im creating, but i need a beta reader. Also im stumped, and need some advice. Does anyone want to be my beta reader and also help me with storylines and such? If anyone can help me, please email me at: [email protected]
          Thank you in advance.

Comment

Name: Stephanie (Steffi_18)
            Strenghts: I'm excellent in characterization, and description
            What I like to Read: Little Kiddy Clark, Chlark, Kent Family stories.

What I'm looking for: I'm looking for someone who is willing to both edit my stories and help me with ideas. I don't mean help me write it, but who would be willing to talk with me online through ideas I have, and let me know if it's a good or bad idea.

What you would be Editing/Betaing: A series of short stories, an AU series in someways, of the Kent family with more children. The first story is in the works. Will eventually be Chlark.

Why I need a beta: My grammar is horrible, ask anyone, I can spell. So I really need help with any grammar, a little characterization, and someone to bounce ideas off of.

If you're interested please PM me or email me at [email protected] my AIM is AndromedaSnape

Comment

Name: Maus (not really, but online it is)

I'll love to read and am willing to beta anything and offer suggestions.

pm me if you want me to read.

Comment

I'd be happy to beta/edit for anyone who needs a hand.

Name: Brian
                Strengths: I'm a psych major, so I like to think I'm good with character consistancy, motivations, etc. Basiclly I have an eye for the emotional/psychological stuff. I'm also not half bad with mechanics and story structure. Plus, I read ridiculously fast, so turnaround is usually pretty quick!

I don't really care for anything too Clexy though, so let's steer clear of the m/m, HoYay stuff. Other than that I'm up for most anything.

PM me or e-mail: [email protected]
                Last edited by MyOwnSuperhero; 12-16-2004, 01:00 PM.

Comment

- Isaiah Gillett
                  - Grammar and spelling, some characterization, strengtening/tightening plot lines.
                  - I'll read pretty much anything but I prefer heroics and adventure. If you have something with Clark learning to fly/utilyzing flight I'll love you forever

Comment

Since I got an absolutely cr*ppy response to reviewing on this site, I thought I'd just leave a post here, and if any one actually wants me to review, I will.

My credentials?

I'm a creative writing tutor and teacher (college level), I write professionally (don't get excited, I'm no Margaret Atwood), and I edit for and comment on many sites on the net. I really enjoy both writing and critically appraising people's work, and I hate flaming- so you'll get nothing but objective advice from me.

If you'd like some help, just PM me, and I'll scoot on down and take a look at your post. Satisfaction guaranteed. Or something.

Ursa

Comment

I have created a site, for beta reader. You can find my site @ www.thebetareaders.knows.it , this site is for all fandoms, its to help fanfiction authors locate betas best for them. I encourage you to check my site out, among it being a beta site, I also have fanart section/Blends, and a message board, (mix of everthing and anything)....

Thanks

Dubfreak!

Comment

Name: Rich
                        Strengths: Grammar, spelling and descriptions.
                        - I'll read anything allowed to be posted on this site since right now the only internet connection I have is at work and that is currently in Iraq.

Comment

Name: Jennifer (Ferd)
                          Strengths: Prose, Characterization, Spelling
                          Fave Characters: Lex, Chloe, Martha, Clark

Weakness: Comic mythos

I'll read about anything. I'm online for several hours everyday and post a lot. More than likely I will get back with you the same or next day.

Comment

ok is there anyone here who is willing to beta?

I have a friend Chloe kent who is in dire need of one.
                            Shes still new here so shes unsure of where to get one. If some one could possibly help her out. That would be great. Pm me first though.

If you want to read some of her stuff she has written its posted here.Its called:

Love her but love you
                            by chloekent

Thank you very much.
                            ~Goobs
                            SAVE CHLOE!

Comment

Name: Stacey

Grade: Freshman in high school (9th)

Strengths: Grammar, Punctuation, Re-Phraising or Re-Writing the wording of sentences

Preferences: I prefer to edit a story one chapter at a time

Time Estimate: With school, home work, free time, and sports, I would probably need 2-3 days for editing the piece of work sent to me

A/N: In other words, I would love to be someone's Beta! So just PM me if you need an editor! ~Stacey~

P.S.: This is my 400th post! Yay! LOL, I'm so happy!

Comment

I posted this story here a couple months ago. I'm looking for someone to clean up my work. Check for misuses of spelling, punctuation, and grammar. Check the dialogue. Check the flow of story. Let me know what works and what don't. Clark/Chloe. Not full romance. FOTW.

9700 words
                                38 pages
                                NC-13

Since it somewhat lengthy, I thought I would ask instead of impose. Thank you. You can email me at [email protected].

I await your reply.

Sincerely,

Mike Ghost

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍