Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Luthor fan fic recommendations :)

Whether you like Lex, or Lionel, the Luthor's are two of Smallville's most intriguing characters Even more so when we try writing them. Post your Luthorian fan fic recommendations here

*selfless plug* Chapter 16 of my story, Confrontation, is totally Lex centric, and a whole mess of young pre-SV Lex scenes are in there

Also, I recommend The Sixth, by Marisol I think it's a one shot, but it's a good one shot.
    Last edited by tejdog1; 03-15-2005, 03:12 PM.

**self promotion warning**

My story ~Restraint~ Is Lex-centric. Also has several scenes between Lex and Lionel.

They're my faves to write, their sparring is just so much fun.

You can check it out here:

Forum for posting fan fiction that is primarily plot-driven and doesn't concentrate on any one particular romantic pairing or friendship. Also called "Episodal fic" because it's more like an episode. It can include mentions of different friendships o
    Last edited by ferd; 05-25-2005, 09:11 AM.

Comment

**self promotion**

my story "hidden power" is based around post-smallville lex and clark and will feature the final breach in their friendship.

expect alot of interraction/verbal interraction between lex clark lionel and the women of smallville.
      also, expect many conversation having either quotes or references to the greco-roman legend and all you would expect a luthor bashout to be.
      (as of this writing, still in early story stages)
      Last edited by saxman; 04-02-2005, 09:14 AM.

Comment

Lol, it seems only the Chlark fanfic recommendations thread has really gotten anywhere. Would you like me to add my large list of fanfics from my archive? (I save fanfics I enjoyed reading for offline reading in the event of being without the Internet.) Though I am a total Chlarker, I have Luthor-centric fanfics stored as well that I enjoyed reading.
        For the moment, I'm going to assume this is just Luthor-centered and not necessarily romance. And since so many people are violently anti-Lexana, I'd refrain from those (though I really like them ). Which leaves us with mostly fics about Lex himself (19), or the Clark/Lex friendship (8). (I do NOT get into slash at all, and I archived all of two fanfics involving Chloe and Lex--which were more like friendship fics with the hint of the possibility of more . . . I can't STAND Chlex.)
        If people want to see the fic names and titles (and even links for anything that isn't ff.n), I'll go for it. Otherwise, I'm not going to bother. Anyone interested?

Comment

I'm interested.

It's a shame though that this forum is so Chlark obsessed. It seems like that's the majority of the recs.

Comment

**self promotion**

~You believe and that's all I'll ever need~

The second story Smallville story I wrote, is all about Lex, and the clex friendship. Lana, Pete Chloe and Lionel are in it very bit but not much; Lois is mentioned but nothing more. It takes palce in season one, after Hourglass. It's a really short story. It's also finished so no waiting for updates.

Summery:
            After the event's of Hourglass Lex has nightmares which led him down a dark road.

edit
            here's the link: You believe and that's all I'll ever need
            Last edited by angelfire east; 04-02-2005, 01:31 PM.

Comment

Lol, why are we Chlark-obsessed? Because Chlark is the wonder drug . . . j/k. Chlark really is AWESOME, though. So we have good reason for being crazy about it. They're so RIGHT for each other. And since I tie Clark up with Chloe, that leaves Lex, and Pete, and Lana . . . which means it's either Plana, or (my preferred option) Lexana. And Pete can just find his own separate girl. Or you can go with canon somewhat and have Pete marry Lana, and do a Chlois identity switch so Clark ends up with a Lois, and then Lex can be all evil and just keep using women . . . lol!
              OK, back to the fics now. I'll start out with the Lex-centric ones first, and do the Clark/Lex friendship ones later. (Btw, what ARE "recs"? People keep using that term and I haven't figured it out yet. "Recommendations?" "References?")

ahlade - A Manual For Sons
              "Lex learns how to undo patriarchy."

ahlade - Ships in the Night
              Discovered this one just now. Futurefic set after the events of the third season. "Lives drift apart and come together suddenly, like driftwood on a becalmed sea." Slightly Chlexy. (--other than that, the fic's great!)

Ahlade - A Rabble Of Butterflies
              Wow, this author really likes Lex stories. "Lex in search of alliances."

Ahlade - Another Rabble Of Butterflies
              "Lana's world has changed considerably." This is the sequel to A Rabble Of Butterflies (but it looks like it has A Rabble Of Butterflies at the beginning and then continues on). It doesn't make much sense to me, but there's a lot of Lionel & Lex craziness. Warning: there is a section in it that makes the fic NC-17. (I had to skip over it real fast when I got there--had forgotten it was rated that when I clicked on it to read it.)

Marisol - Drabbles
              Don't forget these. The full collection to date is at fanfiction.net. A good many of them are Luthor-centric.

Marisol - Acquainted With The Night
              A rewrite of the loft scene in Bound. Clark/Lex friendship.

Marisol - Rachel
              "When you're married to Lionel Luthor, happiness is a state of mind."

Marisol - Kings
              Younger Lex is returning home from boarding school.

Marisol - Dionne
              "Lex receives a package that takes him back to his sophomore year at Metropolis U. The memory is bittersweet."

Marisol - I Can't Bare To Lose Another Child
              "Lionel knows he can't bear to lose another child, because, he did. Filled with loss, lies, Lionel and Larry King." (I only wish the title was spelled correctly. Other than that, it's an excellent fic--she writes very well.)

Marisol - Two
              "For Lionel, one is never enough."

Marisol - The GQ Interview - September 2004
              "Lex gives an interview to "GQ Magazine." These things are never easy."

Marisol - Cordial
              "The Luthors have their first dinner after Lillian's death. So far, so bad."

Marisol - The Call
              "Lionel gets a call in the middle of the night. It could only be Lex."

Marisol - Black Like Me
              "Lionel is.low."

Marisol - Regret
              "Lex has regrets."

Marisol - Technicolor Memories
              "Lillian will never find her place in Smallville."

Marisol - Upstairs, Downstairs
              "She isn't one of them. She never will be."

Marisol - Again
              "Lex has places to go, people to see and things to do.again."

Marisol - Five Conversations Lex Luthor Never Had
              "Five conversations the Lex Luthor never had with Lillian, Julian, Duke, Helen and Alistair Finch."

Marisol - Petite Fleur
              "Lillian protests. It's all she has left. Besides, she has more than herself to think about."

Marisol - One For The Road
              "Pamela has a teary goodbye."

MartianHousecat - Towards Sundown
              "Sometimes fault is irrelevant, but responsibility never is: it is in the intersection of blood, ambition and whim that destiny is made."

OK, I went to Level Three to find one fic's link, and ended up having to go through all of them by Marisol. So you got everything from Lex to Lionel to Lillian to Clex friendship . . . and some weird stuff here and there. Enjoy!

Comment

Any recs for the Lexana Fan?

Comment

Originally posted by angelfire east
                  **self promotion**

~You believe and that's all I'll ever need~

The second story Smallville story I wrote, is all about Lex, and the clex friendship. Lana, Pete Chloe and Lionel are in it very bit but not much; Lois is mentioned but nothing more. It takes palce in season one, after Hourglass. IT's a really short story

Summery:
                  After the event's of Hourglass Lex has nightmares which led him down a dark road.
                  Is that a fic that's posted on this site?

Originally posted by Doranwen
                  Lol, why are we Chlark-obsessed? Because Chlark is the wonder drug . . . j/k. Chlark really is AWESOME, though. So we have good reason for being crazy about it. They're so RIGHT for each other. And since I tie Clark up with Chloe, that leaves Lex, and Pete, and Lana . . . which means it's either Plana, or (my preferred option) Lexana. And Pete can just find his own separate girl. Or you can go with canon somewhat and have Pete marry Lana, and do a Chlois identity switch so Clark ends up with a Lois, and then Lex can be all evil and just keep using women . . . lol!
                  OK, back to the fics now. I'll start out with the Lex-centric ones first, and do the Clark/Lex friendship ones later. (Btw, what ARE "recs"? People keep using that term and I haven't figured it out yet. "Recommendations?" "References?")
                  Wow, thanks for all of the Lex fics! Man, I love Lex. I'm not so much into Chlark myself, although I'll read the occasional Chlark fic (like TSI's fics).

Recs means recommendations.

Originally posted by slayathon
                  Any recs for the Lexana Fan?
                  This site has tons of Lexana fics:http://www.starstruck-nights.org/hazardous/

I especially like Lexana fics by Christie. Her's are awesome.

Comment

Sorry I forgot the link, I'll go edit that and put it in. Yes it's posted on K-site, I also posted it on fanfiction.net.

Comment

I really liked it, angelfire!

Comment

Thanks I had that story killing around in my head for a while

Comment

So, does anybody else have any good Luthor recs?

Comment

I would recommend Lex-4-President's "Revelation". She just completed it, and it's a great read. Future fic with lots of Lex (with Lois), and some Lionel, too.

Forum for posting fan fiction that is primarily about any combination of characters that doesn't already have its own forum here. Can be friendship or romance. All fic posted in this forum must be rated G through PG-13.
                            Last edited by ferd; 05-25-2005, 09:08 AM.

Comment

Totally shameless plug:
                              My fic, which is always on the first page these days, is Lex centric. It is all about a Clark and Lex friendship. I think you'll enjoy it, but it's mad long. Roughly 390 pages posted, 14 more on the way, after I'm done toying around with my one fanatical fan

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎