Clois Fanfiction Recommendations?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey, it was a perfectly viable option before Lois came on. And I still can't stand the fact that SV's Lois isn't a journalist fanatic from her early days--Chloe was given that (MAJOR) aspect of her character, which just brings her closer to that idea. There was a fic I read which was a Lois and Clark beginnings in Metropolis that broke from continuity at the end of 3rd season (and jumped forward about 8 years). Her dad died trying to protect her and Chloe/Lois never really recovered from it, really turning into a hardened reporter Lois, not just Chloe with dyed hair (or in that case, natural light-brown hair, since she WAS called a bleach blonde somewhere). That Lois is pretty much who Lois should be--but she was once Chloe, and it really works. But I guess that that's not the sort of thing for this thread, being that the original character was not the Lois that everyone here is thinking of. (Too bad the Loises are all so different--makes it difficult to know who one is referring to.)

But I digress from this thread's purpose.

DHCgirl on fanfiction.net has written several Clois stories that should be referenced.

Disarm

Needle In The Hay

Future Tense
    This one's on K-Site (so's Needle in the Hay, and probably Disarm as well, but since I had her ff.n profile up, I linked to those), and probably already referenced. I just decided to include it with the others.
    Last edited by Doranwen; 03-09-2005, 09:08 PM.

Comment

Sorry, I goofed. "Chimera" is a Chlark story, not a Clois one. But it's a good story, so I'll leave the link up! I'll just go back and put a note with it.

Comment

everytime I go to ff.net I can't find any clois fics, is there something that I'm not doing right? Do I need to be a member of ff.net

Comment

No, there just aren't that many Clois fics--all fics are visible to everyone, and most authors will allow anyone to leave a review for their work, so being a non-member will not restrict you from reading (don't become an author there unless you intend to actually write fanfics).
          I have a few more Clois fics, though, that I should share.

Don't Hold Your Breath by Seersha
          From ff.n, this one was written BEFORE Lois came into the show. So it's kind of a future fic written before 4th season. Technically, since this is a Lois, and not a Chlois, I figured I'd post the info here, but it's just not the Lois everyone's familiar with from the show.
          Seersha - Don't Hold Your Breath

Grins And Green Juice by 3ApplesTall
          Found on K-Site, link below. This continues in Chloe's POV from that dunk tank scene in Devoted (the one which made me so sad for her).
          3ApplesTall - Grins and Green Juice

Lois' Bad Day by LoisLaneKent
          This one I could swear was on here. But I can't find it anywhere, so if you want it, just PM me, and I'll send it to you.

And a few others by Seersha (all of these have the Lois from the show, being written later):

Seersha - Progression
          Seersha - Coffee Cravings
          Seersha - Invincible
          Seersha - Statistical Possibility

Progression is a personal favorite because of how the story is structured--very inventive and well-done. I especially love the ending.
          Last edited by Doranwen; 03-10-2005, 11:43 PM.

Comment

Whoah, I love all of these Clois recs you guys are giving!!! I couldn't seem to find very many and it's great that you guys are recing some. My TBR fic pile is really high now, lol.

Comment

yeah I was on ff.net earlier and yeah I found that out, thanks for the extra info. Is Lois' bad day, Grins and Green Juice on FF.net or Kryptonsite? Because I can't find it if it's on ff.net .
              Last edited by luckykentcharm21; 03-10-2005, 10:48 PM.

Comment

No prob. And now I'll post a few more.

Past Tense by Kittsbud
                From a site that I should probably not mention--but let's just say its main feature is rewriting the 2nd season of Smallville . . . Lois comes to visit Clark after Spell, and somehow the caves and Jor-El get mixed up in everything.

Separate Savior by Aciel & LavenderAngel
                From that same unnamed site (PM me if you have problems finding it). Covers the attack on Clark by Jason during Devoted, and guess who helps clean him up afterwards?

Sorry, that's the rest of all the Clois fics I have. Unless you're looking for Lois & Clark fics, then I've saved a million off the Archive and can tell you exactly which are the best. But it's not the same backstory as what you get in Smallville . . .

Comment

oh I found that Grins and Green Juice, and it was a great fic

Comment

Found it, never mind! My mistake--I save the fics from ff.n and K-Site in the same way (copied into Word docs), so I don't always remember which site I got stuff from, and since the vast majority is ff.n stuff, I assume that one. I'll edit my post to add in the link.
                    Last edited by Doranwen; 03-10-2005, 11:39 PM.

Comment

hey man it's okay, I would most likely do the samething

Comment

Thanks Doranwen for the recs. Is the unnamed site you were talking about a very well known, pro-Clana site? Just want to make sure I'm looking at the right site for the fics

Comment

Nope, not pro-Clana, as the rewritten 2nd season so far is quite definitely Chlark (fixes the whole dance fiasco, Chloe actually finds out, AND Ryan doesn't die, but ends up coming to live with the Kents when something happens to his aunt). It's wonderful to read . . . Its fanfics are all very well-organized by category, but there is no category for Clark & Lois, look instead in the Drama section for Past Tense and the Missing Scenes section for Separate Savior. Hope that helps!

Comment

Resurrecting this thread:

And Now It All Begins by Dana (Complete)

Lois & Clark: Dates, Drabbles & One-Shots by Rini (Complete)

Lois & Clark: Season 10 Vignettes by Rini (WIP, I guess. A few complete Vignettes but I hope she writes more eventually)

And I see I had some of my fics rec'd here - how awesome. Anyone looking for my fics can find them all here as most of the links above are now broken.
                            Last edited by Seersha; 05-20-2011, 08:26 PM.

Comment

All Cloisers need a regular dose of Clois from somewhere now and this is a great place to recommend fics that fulfil that need.

Is there any way to move this to the top of the Clark and Lois section so it doesn't get lot again?

Some recomendations:

Looking Across - complete
                              Switch - complete
                              The Knight in the Red Cape - complete

There are even more that are great but I don't want to just make a long list of almost every finished fic. Other people should make some recommendations too.

Comment

My complete Clois fic is up. http://www.kryptonsite.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=156376

Check it out, I hope you like it and please leave a comment if you can.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎