This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clois Fanfiction Recommendations?

Does anybody know any good Clois fics?

Umm, I can begin with the stuff on this site and one or two whose locations I know very easily.
    luckykentcharm21 - The Fall
    hanemg - Just One Bad Day Away
    NorthofNever - Inalienable Rights (This one has Chlark too, but it ends up Clois, basically . . .)
    NorthofNever - Glass Half Full
    Renee28 - What Just Happened?
    LovelyLoisLane - Crusade from Lois' POV

These are ones I've read myself--there are lots of other fics marked with Clois, but I haven't necessarily checked 'em out, so I won't vouch for 'em.

Comment

Thanks for the recs! I've tried looking around for Clois fics everywhere but there doesn't seem to be many of them for some reason.

Comment

Aw, thanks, Doranwen! I'm honored to be included!

You guys might also enjoy "Life with the Kents": http://www.kryptonsite.com/forums/sh...threadid=26456

It's absolutely hilarious.

Comment

Be sure to check out Rapierhomme's Rememberance! (that's my personal fave)

Comment

There's a reason there aren't that many . . . Chloe is the REAL Lois, as per my tag. She fits the Lois persona better than the character currently using that name. Imho, Lois as she appears in Smallville is just a girl who happens to have a memorable name, whereas Chloe is who Lois really ought to be. Especially if you're familiar with L&C canon, Chloe is a lot easier to take as a "proto-Lois" (a term she was actually called by TPTB, I believe) than the current Lois Lane. There are quite a few reasons for this--personality, for one. Chloe at present shows more of the softness (that Lois from L&C had hidden away) than Lois does, and with a traumatic event of some sort (or maybe more) could possibly acquire the type of personality that L&C's Lois had . . . There's also the fact that Chloe has been into journalism from day one, and SV's Lois hasn't, which I think is ridiculous. And Lois Lane on SV does NOT have dark enough hair. Granted, neither does Chloe, but there WAS a reference to "bleach blonde" or something like that awhile back, so her original hair color (as Chloe) could actually be the dark that it's supposed to, especially if her mom was dark-haired. In general, there was a lot more evidence to support the Chloe=Lois theory, and I still will support those fics much better than the ones who try to promote Clois with the current SV setup. Not to deride anyone's fics, there are some VERY well-written Clois ones out there, proof positive in the 6 whose links I posted. I just can't agree with the basic idea of Clois as they stand in SV now.
            Besides all of that, Lois as she is now is mostly annoying--she tries to come off as defensive and guarded and ends up being a nuisance more than anything, saying pointless things just to needle at Clark. Having seen L&C, her "quips" don't quite match up, though they are admittedly witty at times . . . And I just don't care for the SV character of Lois, basically. There are those who agree with me on that, those who think Clark belongs with Lex (*shudders* slash is NOT my thing, and that pairing is particularly wrong because of what they stand for), or with Lana (*shudders violently* Blana is GONE), or best of all, with Chloe, whether they believe in the Chloe=Lois idea or not. (I'm a huge Chlarker.)
            But since you made a request, I couldn't help but find the links for ya--after all, I've been doing major duty on the Chlark fic recommendations thread, hehe. It's only fair I help out a tiny bit elsewhere.

(Oh wow, that turned into a whole rant--hope nobody minds too much if I leave it, 'cause it's the most-developed rant I've made on that subject yet.)

Comment

I love Lois AND Chloe both -- but I won't get into that here. There's enough of it in the Character forums.

Anyway, ff.net has some really good Clois stories:

Two Steps Behind

Chimera (still in progress)

(Oops, my mistake -- "Chimera" is a Chlark story.)

Past Tense

All of those are by kittsbud.

What's up, Smallville? That one's by Lavenderangel.

All highly recommended!
              Last edited by Renee28; 03-10-2005, 05:21 AM.

Comment

The prob is that most of the ones I know (I do have a bunch I haven't mentioned yet) would take a while to dig up links for . . . should I post 'em without or go digging for you? Lol . . .
                (Lois is OK as a character in her own right, as long as I don't think of her as LOIS--because Teri Hatcher will probably always pop up in my mind as who Lois is . . . and Chloe just fits as her younger counterpart, or something. So yeah, I have some Clois fics because it's a decent ship, just not my preferred one.)
                Last edited by Doranwen; 03-08-2005, 09:44 AM.

Comment

MB, there's a kind of obscure paperbkryter fic that has Lois traveling in time back to Smallville. It sounds wacky, but it's actually a very serious, well-crafted story. I love it and I'm not exactly a Clois fan.

It's called One True Thing.

Ruby-Red also has several really excellent Clois stories.

Comment

hesitation is a totally cool clois fic!

Comment

I just found the greatest Clois story:

Destiny, by Nautica7mk

It has lots of wonderful interaction with the Kent parents, which is what I love best in Clois stories (or any stories ). And, of course, lots of wonderful interaction between Clark and Lois. Plus a very interesting visitor from the future. I've really fallen in love with this one, and strongly recommend you check it out!

Comment

Valentine Michel Smith has an awesome Clois fic, as well.

I Can't Stand to Fly by Valentine Michel Smith

Set after Gone, with terrific dialog and great pacing.

Comment

I normally exclusively lurk, but I thought I'd de-lurk to also suggest "Just One Bad Day Away", which was linked above.

Not only is it a great Clois story, but you can tell it was written by someone who knows how to write. From beginning to end it's simply solid.

Within the realm of fanfiction, it is a true "diamond in the rough." As tired as that cliche is, this story has definitely earned that description.

Comment

Do Clois fics where Chloe=Lois count? I've read a few good ones . . . or maybe the Chloe=Lois fics just need their own thread altogether, forget which pairing she's with . . . What do you think?

As for more Clois fics, I have one saved that's called Almost, by kryptonomicon, but I can't find a link to it anywhere, or remember where I got it . . . That almost never happens. It deals with a phone call from Lois to Clark. Anyone recognize it?

Comment

Chloe=Lois=Crap

IMO, of course....

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍