What is Your Least Favorite Ship?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clana is the ship I like the least because it felt like the writers were forcing it too much and it was made worse by the fact that there would *always* be a third party to stand in the way of this so-called "epic romance". If there's always somebody standing in the way of this relationship, then it doesn't feel like a real relationship at all.

Tom welling and Kristen looked pretty together, but they didn't have that romantic spark at all... no chemistry at all.

My second least favorite pairing is Lex/Lana....

Mainly because for most seasons Lex didn't even act like he was sexually attracted to her at all. In fact, I got the impression that he found her to be slightly annoying at times, and just saw her as some silly little girl that he was trying to hook Clark up with.

Even in the epoidse Lexmas, He was highly confused over how he could had wound up with Lana of all people. The only reason why he brought into that fantasy was because of that cute little boy that was apparently his offspring with Lana.
    Lex always wanted to have a happy family and would had done anything to get it. Hell, you could tell Lex he could have a happy family with somebody like Gabe and he would had turned bisexual for Gabe if it meant that it would give him the happy family he always wanted. He wouldn't really love Gabe or Lana at all... he was simply in love with the idea of a happy family. Something he never had with Lionel.

So Lex and Lana's "What do you mean, we've always been in love!!" thing seemed weird.
    Last edited by Aurora Moon; 09-08-2014, 08:43 PM.

Comment

• Lexana? or Clana? or other? undecided

Clana: don't mind it, don't hate it, but don't like it too much flipping the on/off switch

Lexana: just down right creepy. it's like being sucked into a horror film and watching someone hurdling into a train wreck all in one.

so I think I'll go with Lexana as the worst relationship on Smallville.

and don't get me started on Chloe and Jimmy. talk about Clana 2.0

and lets not get into Lex and Kara or Lex and Brainiac because those are just deadly beyond imaginable.

Comment

• Technically, the award must go to Clana, if only due to the amount of time dedicated/wasted on it (sputtering even into S8 with Requiem) in comparison to more important things such as character and story development, not the least of which was credibly achieving the series' most important endgame in a timely fashion: Clark becoming Superman. Was ten years too long a journey? However it may be spinned, many viewers got into the show initially to see Clark's journey towards being the superhero of legend. It seemed TPTB lost sight of Clark Kent's endgame for many seasons, hence the need to concentrate on this part of his story from S8-10.

The shipping got to the point where it took on a level of importance in the series that perhaps it shouldn't have. Yeah, they got the job done by S10, fair enough -- but overall it could have (and should have) been better than what we got, if they had just scaled back the shipping.

They should have dialed down the shipper pandering the moment Clark got his h.s. diploma. Leave it behind at the school cafeteria where it belonged.

The endless shipping, with all characters(!), was not an asset to the show IMO. Looking back, I'd vote all of the above (Lexana was enjoyable to watch when it spiraled into oblivion, in the turning-to-look-at-train-wreck sense. "Happy times" Lexana was Zod-awful to watch.)

Comment

• Mine changed over the seasons. For the first three seasons it was easily Chlark. I just didn't like how Chloe always seemed to be upset with Clark that he wasn't that into her, and then when Season 4 hit I grew to really love Chlark relationship... and it then became a life cycle of Clana and I even got drained out of it and Clana became my least and became almost un-watchable... and then Lana hooked up with Lex... Lana/Lex might be my least favorite. lo

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎