Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CHLARK fan fic recommendations :)

Post your Chlark recommendations here. I'd like to start with "Redemption" by ThomasW. Action, adventure, Chlark, the best three facets of a fanfic ever!

There's so many...

Your's, of course, "Confrontation"

and mine, "Don't Slip Away"

Comment

I wholeheartedly second the recommendation of "Redemption" by Thomas W !

I wanna write like Thomas when I grow up!

The Satyr Icon
      *Allison Mack's #1 Infatuated Fan*
      *Official COST Keeper*
      *CHLOExpert*
      *President of RIAM*
      *President of AMitS*
      *Nation of Chloe*
      *Nation of Chlark*
      *Writer of Chlark Fan Fiction*
      *AMO FanFiction Administrator*

Comment

Anything by TSI.

Comment

Yeah Anything and EVERYTHING by The (one and only) Satyr Icon! He's seriously the BEST Chlark writer I've EVER read!!!

Comment

TSI is a given!

you should also check out "unified/divided" by My Own Superhero

Comment

TSI is an absoulte given. And one day I'm gonna read everything he's written

Comment

I'm going to chime in and support 'Redemption', by ThomasW, anything by The Satyr Icon, and 'Unified/Divided', by My Own Superhero.

I'll keep my sensors active, and let you know if I find anything else.
                Last edited by Omega; 02-25-2005, 03:19 PM.

Comment

Great topic idea! I think it would be cool if people included fics that are maybe not quite as well known as the ones posted here on Ksite.

Here's a few of my favs:

Shadows by Locathah

One of my alltime favorites. Very 'investigative Chlark'.

Danse by Valentine Michel Smith

Just a fun, unusual story with a great Chloe/Clark park scene.

Backward Galaxy's whole Smallville Series

This is 10 LONG stories, all of which are outstanding. My favorite is probably 06 Wraith, but all of them are incredible.

Somewhere Over the Rainbow by Tracy
                  Title: Somewhere Over The Rainbow Author: lunarknightz or Tracy (biancaheart at yahoo.com) Rating: PG Category: Chlark Spoilers: Pilot Summary: Chloe's always loved "The Wizard of Oz" Disclaimer : Not Mine. I don't own. No Sue. Same for "The Wizard of Oz". Feedback:…

Just a complete 'happy-ending' type story. I love the last line.

Mere Mortals by Deanine

Everyone has probably already read this, but if not, you MUST. Because it is AWESOME.

Perfect Memory by paperbkryter
                  No, this isn't the smutty, evil fic I've been working on. I took a break from it. It's baaaaaaaaad so I had to come up for air. Rated G, Chlark. Lest Chloe think I don't love her anymore. Peace ye Intrepid One. She'd always looked at them with disdain. They were nothing but ego boosts for people…

Another one that most people have read, but it was just so lovely. A great future-story.

Elsewhere by Bulbus

Worth staying up all night to finish in one sitting. This story is pretty famous and deservedly so.

Mezzanine by Rach L.

I'm not going to spoil it, but... gah.

The Virtual Season by Multiple Authors
                  http://www.********************.com/vs/vs.html
                  Better than the REAL season 2!

The Love Bug by Kittsbud
                  http://********************.com/action/thelovebug.htm
                  You would think the concept of this would be silly, but it turned out to have such a strong story that the resolution will give you a surprise. I love Chloe's thought-process in this.

The Metropolis Files: Memento Mori by Kittsbudd
                  Chlark is sort of a side-element in this, but both this story and its sequel are awesome.

The Edge of Forever by Jade

Another outstanding future-fic. Chloe and Clark have a very comfortable, serious relationship in this, which is actually not very common in stories. NC-17 warning.

Study Break by Chiri

Chlark hammock action. Come ON, people. What more does one need? Plus, it's ridiculously cute when they're reciting facts from Roman history.

Dip by Markgroks

This isn't really Chlark, per se, but they're both there and they're both AWESOME.

More than a Dream by Joanne Collins
                  Title: More Than A Dream Author: Joanne Collins Fandom: Smallville Pairing: Clark Kent/Chloe Sullivan Rating: NC-17 Disclaimer: All Smallville characters are the property of DC Comics, the WB and Millar/Gough. Not me. Summary: When Clark is exposed unexpectedly to Red Kryptonite, his reactions are…

What Red should have been. NC-17.

Relief and Exposure by Alexa Jones

One of the best fics around dealing with Chloe and the recent revelation about her mother. A great season 4 Chlark. Still in-progress. (BTW, 'Just Friends, Huh?' by the same author is also of the good. In fact, everything by Alexa is great. And knowing that is half the battle.) NC-17.

Way Too Much by Wileykit

It's on the Reporters, so all Chlark fans have probably already read it. But it's great, so I had to add it. I have no willpower... NC-17.

Rock and a Hard Place by riotsquad

A light, happy fic. Which every Chlark fan knows is strangely rare.

A River In Egypt and Nothing Like You and I by trory-goddess

Season 4 Chlark hotness. And it's completely angst-free! Shock!

Windfall and Visions of Sugarplums by Wiccid Sister

Visions of Sugarplums is probably my all-time favorite Chlark fic. Both of these are shining lights of goodness for all Chlark fans. They are also both NC-17. On the subject, does anyone know if this author has a website? Or an email address? Something? I've yet to find anywhere I can leave feedback for this person and I MUST.

I'll have to look through my bookmarks for more later. I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone else recommends!

Comment

:Realizes he had better get reading:

Comment

You should probably put warnings on R-rated stuff too; I rarely, if ever, read it. Which is probably why I'd never seen some of the fics above--and NC-17 is out of the question for me, too.

On another note, I found some amazing ones up there I had no clue were out there, thanks to your time and effort. Now, I have a huge list of good Chlarky fanfics, I just don't have links for them. I saved copies to a special folder on my hard drive for offline reading, and for the Chlarky ones, I have them sorted into angsty ending and happy ending ones, each group with a txt file describing names, authors, episode spoiler tag, brief summaries, and a personal writing-quality rating of 1-3. There are probably 7-10 happy ending 3s, and about 3 angsty ending ones. Most I found on ff.n, some other places. Do I need to dig up the links or is merely mentioning the name and author (and maybe general source) here sufficient?

Comment

Wow...I thought I was neat and tidy when filing the Chlark fics I found online!

Anyway....most of the fics listed have links...but can anyone post the other ones?

Maybe direct us to where the archives are?

Thanks.

Comment

:Still reading:

Comment

dont forget

on the threshold
                            shh...
                            revalation
                            twilight

and (its not chlark but great a chloe fic) a bat in chloe's belfry

there's a hell of a lot more too!!

Comment

3-rated fic list

Well, the two above in the list that have asterisks probably have that because the link isn't supposed to be posted here? That's my guess. PM me if you need help finding those fics, 'cause I know where to find 'em.

As for my favorites, I'm going to post info for the very best ones first, my 3-rated ones. I personally will read Chlarky fics that aren't well-written just to get a Chlarky fix, but it's so much better when the writer is REALLY good. Hence my rating system. I tend to love intense emotions, and these fics are very very well-done in that they elicit strong emotion in the reader, imho.

Dare You To Move by Cassandra Mulder
                              Chlarky AU version of Exile. I just wish there was more! This one is superb.
                              The author has her own site, which I decided I'd be nice and dig up. (It's also posted on ff.n.)
                              Cassandra Mulder - Dare You To Move

Dilate by MollyTM
                              This one is from Fanfiction.net, one of the gems in among the refuse. This is set right after Lineage. Clark has a nightmare about the events in Obscura . . . This is one of my absolute favorites, love to reread it.

Epilogue by CLSolo
                              This is a 3 mostly because it's a well-written version of the "they're only faking the amnesia" storyline. This is set right after Rush. Found on ff.n.

Evidence by Shannen
                              This one gives the much-needed Clark/Chloe interaction to resolve the episode Rogue, and also explains Chloe's decision to change her writing style. Not overtly Chlarky, but they're on good terms and teasing at the end . . . Also found on ff.n.

Feet on Solid Ground by Wileykit
                              Found this fic on Summer Lovin'. It's a classic storyline, a redoing of the Tempest scenario--and one of the most emotional ones from Clark's viewpoint that I've ever read. VERY enjoyable.

Gift by Jen
                              Found this one at Level Three. Set after Magnetic, Clark looks for the perfect Christmas gift for Chloe. Sweet and nicely done.

Girl Talk by Candace
                              Set after Zero, Chloe comes over to the Kents to talk with Martha, and gets a bit of advice on how Kent men work. Very delightful! Found at ff.n.

In Unison by SGuthrie
                              Also from that unnamed site, maybe on ff.n too, I'm not sure. Chloe decides that it's more important to be Clark's friend than to find out all his secrets. Not romantic, but beautiful nonetheless.

Leap by margroks
                              This is probably one of the funniest fics I've ever read! The Chlark relationship isn't the main theme, but it's definitely present. This is a very well-written tale of how Clark learns to control the power of flight. A must-read! Found on ff.n.

Match Girl by Tara LJC O'Shea
                              Found on Winter Lovin' (and possibly ff.n too), this is a very well-written Clark-rescues-Chloe tale that ends quite nicely..

More by Tara LJC O'Shea
                              Found on Summer Lovin, this is yet another post-Tempest scenario. Proof positive of this author's skill is the fact that this is the 2nd story of hers to get a 3 rating.

No Such Thing by Sullivan Lane
                              Any passionate Chlarker remembers the barn scene in Obscura. This fic comes right before Chloe comes in. Found at ff.n.

Pandora's Box by whynot1
                              Found at ff.n, this is a what-if story, set during Vortex. Chloe finds a bit more than an empty camcorder . . .

Raincheck by Tara LJC O'Shea
                              And her third 3-rated fic! This one is a slightly different version of Red, every smut!Chlarker's favorite . . . Again, found at ff.n.

There's more, but I haven't finished getting the info past the R's into that txt file. Hope this is good enough for now, though most of those above are pretty short . . .

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎