No announcement yet.

Episode 1.13: Lord of the Bling

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Episode 1.13: Lord of the Bling

When I watched last weeks episode Lord of the Bling I noticed right before the opening credits Veronica said about the girl "We used to be friends, A long time ago." and then the theme song started.

mhmm. that was brilliant it totally cracked me up!

Comment

So did I, although it was heavy handed. They could have just left it at "we used to be friends.."

Comment

Yeah... but kind of funny the way it was. Play right into the theme song.

Comment

i thought that was really funny

Comment

It was funny in a stupid way.

Comment

This is the episode of the heavy handed, yet very amusing Veronica intro of:

Veronica: Hamilton? God, that's Yolanda Hamilton's dad?
              Wallace: I didn't know you knew her.
              Veronica: We used to be friends...a long time ago.
              (cue opening credits)

What is most telling in this episode is the flashbacks, which reveal that Veronica isn't all that different from the people shunning and abusing her now. In the flashbacks Veronica purposefully shuns another student because she is told to by Lilly. Veronica turns her back on someone that could have been her friend because she is scared to stand up to Lilly. And Veronica realizes this in the flashbacks... she realizes that she did not live up to her ideals and was cruel without reason. Perhaps this is why she is so inspired to help solve the case... because of her guilt.

Her guilt is perhaps doubled by the fact that these flashbacks also are part of the events leading up to Lilly's death. This is Veronica's "betrayal" of Logan, which Logan earlier in the season accused her of and this is one of the reasons why he blames Veronica for Lilly's death. While severly attenuated... Logan's feelings of betrayal are none the less real for him... and the fact that she heard Logan talk about this only an episode before... must keep her own guilt fresh in her mind. I often wonder if this series of events drove Lilly into the arms of her killer... or was it just her boredom & cruelty.

Logan remains oddly cool and detached in this episode... and then the big reveal... he thinks his mom is still alive. His confrontations with his Dad & mentions of his sister were well done... and we begin to route for the bad boy Logan. And then the surprise cliffhanger... Logan shows up at Veronica's door. Wonder if he'll be showing up there again very soon?????

Best Quotes:
              Veronica: Next time, remember: lift drunk, combative bail jumpers with your legs, not your back.
              Logan: Hey, I judge not by the color of the skin but by the content of their sweater.
              Duncan: Where are your parents going this time?
              Logan: Nepal. Sherpas lug their crap up and down a mountain for two weeks so they can take pictures of a yak.
              Veronica: While I take pictures of you yakking in the comfort of your living room.
              Logan: If you really want flowers,
              dying seems to be the way to go. Here's your costume. You know, if it's
              not sad enough, I can order you a veil.
              Lilly: I'm ditching his party this
              weekend 'cause I don't want him getting all crazy violent every time a
              boy undresses me with his eyes, which happens all the time. It's not my
              fault. I can't help it, God made me fabulous.

Comment

With the theme song coming up, that was pretty cool.

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎