Favorite Lionel Quotes

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

it could just tbe the whole scene, but the season 3 finale, the lines before and after he gets his head shaved,

"Do IT!"
    chloe gets blown up,
    clark goes into a wall,
    lex gets poisoned
    martha makes pie
    follwed by a nice gruff " Thankyou."
    its hot. tho sad he looses his hair.

Comment

Oh yeah, I loved the part when he said that. So dramatic what those 2 little sylabels can bring.

Agree with you about the hair though, but you have to admit, the thug look suits him just as well as the elegant mane did.

Comment

Ah, the hair scene. Quite symbolic.

Comment

"So when people are cruel to you, just put all your doubts and your fears in this box, and you lock it up. And you'll find that you're stronger than you think you are."

There is so much truth in that statement. I don't like the man (the character) because of how he treats Lex, but he has some great lines!

Comment

"They say journalists are the midwives of history. Prehaps with my help we could er, make history together."

He is so damn sexy.

Lionel: You know, I’m not accustomed to being summoned like a lapdog.

Genevieve: Don’t be silly, Lionel. I’d never allow you on my lap.

hehehe I love Lionel/Genevieve scenes.
            Last edited by Daddylion; 09-08-2005, 09:34 AM.

Comment

The 'Do it' in the hair cut scene is a good one, but I the one that I prefer is in 'Asylum' when he says "Do it" while scratching his chin.
              He's giving the go ahead to increase the electro shock on Lex even though he could become a vegetable!

Comment

I like the ones that involve Historical figures(Like Alexander The great)

Comment

I think that the best instance of Lionel is during "Shattered" and "Asylum"

Comment

Yeah that one where he said he didn't wish this on his son or something. Have to watch it again but I dunno, I just start crying everytime i see it. I truly believe that lionel meant it when he said that he didn't wish this upon his son. He might have planned it but i don't think he wants it.

Comment

I like this whole scene "Asylum" and the lines:

Lionel: Again.

Doctor: But, sir, the way this equipment is working, we should wait.

Lionel: Do it. Again.

( Lionel was really scary here, because he was so sincere in his belief that the experimental shock treatment was an act of fatherly love and for Lex's benefit. Of at least he seemed to be. )

Comment

Yes... but when he's looking in at Lex... it just made me cry... *sniff*

Comment

Originally posted by FotW

Lionel was really scary here, because he was so sincere in his belief that the experimental shock treatment was an act of fatherly love and for Lex's benefit. Of at least he seemed to be.
                          I meant in the scene at the end of shattered not in Asylum. In Shattered he said he didn't want it for his son which is true. In a way he did it out of fatherly love. Lionel was at that point a desperate man and he knew that Lex knew that he murdered his parents. He knew that Lex was going to have him locked away in prison for it and being Lionel, no matter how much he loves his son he still loves himself more. Because of this he thinks he only has two options, kill his son or lock him away. It was because of that bit of love for his son that he didn't kill him but instead have him locked away. So in a way that little bit of fatherly devotion let Lex live but he probably knew it wasn't for lex's sake.

Comment

Yes, it's kinda scary how Lionel puts himself before his own flesh and blood, but also kind of understandable as well. (Check out JG's site: www.johnglover.com for more detailed analyses.) I hope that last part wasn't spam or anything...

Comment

No I don't think it's spam, it's related after all.

I don't think it's always wrong to put yourself before family, it's just the extent that he does it in. Oh well, you're not a Luthor if you don't go the extreme.

Comment

That's true... After all, first chance he got, Lex stuffed Lionel in Belle Reve. That translates into "Sweet dream", if anyone's interested...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎