Favorite Lionel Quotes

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

That scene in "Red" when Lionel and Clark are talking and the guy comes in with a gun and says Clark was seen fleeing the scene of a major disturbance (something like that) and Lionel says:

"Was that while you were on your way to the top, Clark?"

Comment

In transference, when he leans in for a kiss with Chloe and says, " Don't you wish?" I loved that. It was cold but awesome.

And when he say, " True power is better concealed."
      Last edited by RedKgentleman; 04-06-2005, 01:45 AM.

Comment

I also loved what he said to Lana though I dont rememebr the exact words but it was the scene where Lionel!Clark caught Lana making out with Jason. Something along the lines of "No, you don't need to explain, you're young, virile. You have NEEDS,"

Comment

I gotta go with the "I will bury you and anyone in Smallville who follows you" or something like that. When he was talking to Lex in the first season finale. That was good stuff.

Comment

"Sheriff...that's an elected position isn't it?"

What an evil sob.

Comment

From Skinwalkers

Lex interrupting a moment with Martha...
              "Lex...always good to hear your voice son."

Later talking to Lex..
              " Those damn..treehuggers"

Lex&Lionel dialogues are brilliant like in Hothead "congratulations Lex you made it for the business page for once"

But there is one line that is simply above all the others, when Lionel is irritated and says "Lex!" that just cracks me up everytime..

Comment

Here's a great quote.

Comment

From Commencement

For a woman who had ho heart, Genevieve sure did have a lot of blood.

From Transference, while Lionel was in Clark's body

Lionel to Lana: A man would travel around the world to... pluck your succulent fruit.
                  Last edited by Lorna; 06-10-2005, 01:57 PM.

Comment

In "Memoria", his heartwarming monologue about the box that was "Forged from Saint George". And then the end of it where he says, "So when people are cruel to you, just put all your doubts and your fears in this box, and you lock it up. And you'll find that you're stronger than you think you are."

Another good quote is in "Covenent":

"As a father, I...I have failed you. I realize that now, and I'm sorry. Two years ago I was diagnosed with a rare liver disease. We've tried everything. Everything imaginable. But there's nothing. It's too late. No amount of money can save me. Please...Lex, don't let me die in prison."

And then of course from this year's season finale "Commencement":

"It would be a shame if Genevieve Teague's body were mailed to the FBI with Lana Lang's DNA as postage."

Comment

aww, yeah i oved those lines too. The first two always breaks my heart.

Comment

Yeah, I agree. They're quite heartbreaking, especially because you can see how much he loved little Lex as a child with the box monologue, and you can tell that in "Covenent" he still has a bit of that love for Lex. I think it's sad what potential they had as a father and son before the tragedy with Julian messed everything up. But this brings to rise a question: Would they have a good relationship if the Julian thing didn't happen? Or would Lex still be fighting his father because he knows he's a bad man?

Comment

Personally, I think that they would still be fighting because of both their natures but there fight wouldn't be as bad cause they would both know in their hearts that they still love each other. I don't think Lionel would have been able to put Lex in an asylum nor Lex be able to throw Lionel in jail because though they don't see eye to eye Lionel wouldn't have seen Lex as that much of a threat.

Comment

Yeah I agree, Daddylion. Lex would still be against his father's unscrupulous ways, and Lionel would still not want Lex to be "weak" by letting his "emotions get in the way", but it probably wouldn't be as bad. Lionel and Lex would probably have at least tried to be a team together, and if they couldn't, they'd probably still respect each other's wishes.

Comment

"Accelerate"

The state has placed the conservatoryship of the kawatche cave under Lionel's control

Lionel says to Lex : I'm sorry, son, I have tried to teach you : Always keep a sharp eye on the ball

Comment

yolande, hehehehehe. I love that one! So evil the way he just dismisses what he's done by preaching to Lex.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎