This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite Lionel Quotes

"Zoo hours are over Miss. Lane."

Lex - "If you hurry you might be able to make it to the mission in time for your evening bowl of soup."
    Lionel - "They also serve a surprisingly good salisbury steak."

lionel 'remember son Judas hung himself with his own rope'

Comment

My favourite is this one

Lex: "You're afraid I won't need you anymore"
      Lionel: "You'll always be my son, and you'll always need me Lex"

or

"When you're rich, you're not crazy. You're eccentric"

Comment

Originally posted by Daddylion

"When you're rich, you're not crazy. You're eccentric"
        yeah i like that one to.

Comment

In Legacy, Lex tells him that it's probably just a coincidence that Clark was there when the key hole opened again. Lionel replied with, "Coincidence is just an excuse used by fools and liars." (something along those lines)

I also LOVE, "Remember son, Judas hung himself with his own rope." That one is one of my favorites!

S3 was FILLED with awesome MB lines.

Comment

yeah that judas line i love it

Comment

Here's a couple, misquoted of course.

"You know, Clark, I always assumed your father's corn-fed hokum had made you weak, but I've clearly underestimated your dark side."

(to Jonathan over the watch) "It's all relative. A gold watch from me is equalivent to a Whitman sampler from you."

"I value their hatred, I find it very useful. You see, people are always at their weakest when they're angry."

"Is this why half my board members are finding a myriad of reasons to avoid taking my calls? Oh my, oh, dear, Lex, you're planning a coup."

(Chloe wonders why no one fessed up to trashing the Torch, when it's obvious Luthor did it) "Well, it's very difficult to fathom the criminal mind."

"You know, Helen, black widows are powerful predators, but every predator is somebody else's prey."

"Well, you wouldn't be a Luthor is somebody wasn't trying to kill you."

"My son is dead, Miss Sullivan, and there is nothing left for me to do but move on and go about the business of living."

"If you were truly ready to run Lexcorp there would have been no way I could have taken it from you."

"You'd better have more than words to back up those threats son, because as of this moment you are just another employee."

"You know, my reputation in this town is of no consequence to me, but you, Sheriff. It's your life blood!...Sheriff...Sheriff, that's an elected position, isn't it?"

(to Jonathan) "You know, weakness isn't something you're born with, you learn it, and Clark learned his from you."

(Chloe realizes Luthor donated her computers) "Yes, philanthropy, I've always prided myself on that."
              Last edited by johnny fogg; 02-23-2005, 01:45 PM.

Comment

oops, was that too many? Did I kill the thread?

Comment

Nah, it's okay. Lionel has so many good quotes, it's hard to stop at just one!

(to Jonathan over the watch) "It's all relative. A gold watch from me is equalivent to a Whitman sampler from you."
                  That's my favorite Lionel quote.

Comment

"Coincidence is an explanation used by fools and liars."

Comment

My favorite is:

(Lex walks into Lionel's office)

Lionel(speaks without looking up): Lex. Thank you for (looks up) stopping by.

Comment

"Every Arthur needs his Merlin!"

What a pompous jerk.

Comment

Lex: Father, you've always told me to choose my battles wisely

Lionel: I hope I didn't use such an obvious cliche.

that's another one of my favourites.

*swoons*

~MB Worshipper~

Comment

From Phoenix
                            "Brilliant job Lex that was a Makevelian effort worthy of a Luthor."

That definently was a great line

Comment

Lionels brilliant monolog from Exodus:

"No, no, love has a way of blinding even the sharpest minds. We don't look because we don't want to see. But once love has been stripped away, then we see the real person clearly. They're revealed to us with all their flaws, their foibles, and their secrets."

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎