No announcement yet.

Episode 1.12: Clash of the Tritons

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Episode 1.12: Clash of the Tritons

I like the insight into the characters the shrink sessions gave to the show. Do you think it was a bit creepy of Veronica to listen in? And do you think Logan's mom is dead?

It is definitely creepy for Veronica to listen it! Its called invasion of privacy. But since she is a PI, and investigating Lily's murder, I guess she gets a free pass on this... Though I guess she can be trusted to be discrete with her newfound insight.

Comment

I didn't find it that creepy, she has made it her mission to find out who the killer was, and she needs all the information she can get.

And... i know for a fact she is dead (or at least won't be returning, as the episode was the actress' last)

Comment

I thought it was an invasion of privacy. I wouldn't want anyone no matter why to listen into my conversations. I thought that Logan's moms lips looked too weird. I think there will be alot more to come about her death.

Comment

I didn't mind Veronica listening in at all. You got to know the characters a bit better. And some more information about what happened to Duncan that night. Plus you got to see that Logan isn't really all that mean. He's just hurt and upset.

Comment

What a great episode! I loved the insight but I'm kinda iffy on the method. What about Kristen singing? That was a surprise!

Comment

i think it was an invasion of privacy, but considering that it was all for the lilly case it wasn't too bad.if it was just for her to spy then it would be wicked creepy. and i do think logans mom is dead

Comment

This episode stands out as one of the big revelation episodes... mainly in the form of some grief sessions. We learn a tremendous amount about the characters:

1) Weevil thought he was in love with Lily and believed that Lily loved him. Lily was trying to get away from him. Weevil resents Logan because Lily keeps running back to him.

2) Logan blames Veronica for Lily's death because she is partly responsible for the Lily/Logan breakup. More than that... he feels betrayed... "she was my friend too". Additionally, Logan blames himself and Lily for her death. Finally... the big stunner... Logan isn't able to see the bright side of the situation... he can't even value being alive.

3) Duncan can't remember any of the events surrounding Lily's death. Duncan is on some kind of drug... that is a mystery to all.

While these relevations serve to confuse us and make us question who the murderer is... they also provide a significant amount of character development for each of the characters.

On top of all this... we see Logan's happy family being torn wide open... only for the final cliffhanger: "Did Lynn Echolls jump off the bridge? Is Lynn Echolls dead?"

Hell we even get to see Veronica have a good old time rocking out as she sings, quite appropriately, Blondie's "One Way or Another". Not only is it appropriate that she sings it to her buddies the Tritons.... but Duncan, the boy she is accused of stalking, is also in the audience.

Veronica's walk of shame is also priceless... and somewhat reminiscent of another walk of shame in flashbacks.

Favorite Quotes:
                Veronica: Just out of curiosity, what are you gentlemen hoping to find in here? Al Capone? The Lindbergh baby?
                Rick: No way. They're everywhere. They will destroy me.
                Veronica: I'll destroy you worse.
                Wallace: La femme Veronica. I heard it took three officers and a stun gun to haul your butt outta school.
                Veronica: You must be the only student who didn't see my walk of shame in person.
                Wallace: This mission better involve me seducing the head cheerleader.
                Veronica: I need you to poke around and see if you can get me a fake ID If you must seduce the head cheerleader in order to accomplish your mission, so be it.
                Veronica: Hi, Dad. Their case is fuzzy and circumstantial.
                Keith: You know the odd thing? Those were also her very first words.
                Veronica: Hi everybody! Say "repressed homosexuality!"
                Veronica: Well, I thought, for a change, you might be interested in having the real criminal stand trial. In the meantime, I'm gonna have a seat in your lounge, learn how to turn men into jelly with a new way of walking, and wait for the bad guy to turn himself in.
                Veronica: Why don't you take a closer look at the one on top. Read what's written over Grant's head.
                Lamb: "Veronica Mars is...smarter than me."
                Veronica: Oh, you stop it!

Favorite Lyrics:
                Ask me again... I’ll take my chances... I don’t know how to begin.
                You can’t understand... I’ve got no answers...
                I can’t explain where I’ve been
                I should’ve known better...
                I should’ve known by now... And I feel so free... Yeah, I feel alright...Never thought I’d feel... Like I feel tonight.
                I can’t go back.. I can’t imagine... Starting all over again.
                Try to relax...
                Get no reaction...
                There’s just no way to pretend
                I should’ve known better...
                I should’ve known by now... And I feel so free... Yeah, I feel alright...Never thought I’d feel... Like I feel tonight. - "Feel So Free", Ivy

One way or another I'm gonna find ya... I'm gonna getcha getcha getcha getcha
                One way or another I'm gonna win ya.... I'm gonna getcha getcha getcha getcha
                One way or another I'm gonna see ya... I'm gonna meetcha meetcha meetcha meetcha
                One day, maybe next week... I'm gonna meetcha, I'm gonna meetcha, I'll meetcha
                I will drive past your house... And if the lights are all down... I'll see who's around
                One way or another I'm gonna lose ya... I'm gonna give you the slip, a slip of the lip or another... I'm gonna lose ya, I'm gonna trick ya... One way or another I'm gonna lose ya... I'm gonna trick ya trick ya trick ya trick ya.... One way or another I'm gonna lose ya... I'm gonna give you the slip
                I'll walk down the mall... Stand over by the wall... Where I can see it all... Find out who ya call... Lead you to the supermarket checkout... Some specials and rat food, get lost in the crowd
                One way or another I'm gonna getcha, I'll getcha, I'll getcha getcha getcha getcha
                - "One Way or Another", Blondie

Comment

Veronica singing was pretty cool, Kristen Bell is good singer.

I think V did invade privacy... and she ended up hurting herself from it.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎