Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarmiteGirl

I am also a convert to the arousing powers of the Luthors-however wrong it is,
    it's dirty
    and you want it.........
    Oh yeah baby!

As for the Lexana, ditto.

Comment

But Lexana is so interesting! And it resolves all the loose ends so wonderfully . . . It is NOT sick at all . . . I think Lana, of all of them, would find it easiest to adapt to Lex's world. It's realistic (something Chlex is not).

Comment

Why?

Comment

Yeah why?

Comment

Because Mary Sues are the most interesting people ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Yaypie
              Because Mary Sues are the most interesting people ever.
              As much as I don't want to be mean...

Comment

I think Yaypie was being sarcastic.

Comment

Originally posted by Doranwen
                  But Lexana is so interesting!
                  In what possible way?

If anything, Lexana would be a cliche. Two cliches.

The thing I like least about the possibility of Lexana is that it makes Lex typical. I mean, every guy in Smallville has fallen for Lana, for no particular reason I can see other than she's pretty and nice. If Lex joins them, he becomes one of hundreds. And, I'm sorry, but the Lex I've come to know the past 3 and a half seasons is neither "typical" nor "run of the mill".

Worse, they seemed to be setting Lex up to be like all the FOTWs who have been driven over the edge by Lana's rejection (or percieved rejection, or just their belief that she was out of their league). I mean, the spoiler for the wedding scene (which was thankfully cut) seemed to be setting up just such a scenario. Lex loves Lana, but she'll never love him, which drives him insane.

Well, no thank you. I mean, seriously. Just, no!

Comment

Just say no to the Lexana!

Comment

yes please just say no to Lexana, great reasons Dannyblue 1!

Comment

Well, I do agree that they shouldn't have done the whole rejection thing--and good thing they changed it--I just don't think Lana should reject him at all. And yes, it would reinforce the whole "everyone falls for Lana" thing--which I would rather have not existed in the first place--it's ridiculous. But as for the characters themselves--their personalities, etc., I think it fits pretty well.
                        Anyhew, the fanfiction written for Lexana is remarkably good, as a whole. Some of it is breathtaking . . . Makes the ship VERY believable, and quite likeable.

Comment

Originally posted by VersesBatman
                          I think Yaypie was being sarcastic.
                          I know its sarcastic... I meant being mean to the person who said Lexana was interesting.

Originally posted by Doranwen
                          Well, I do agree that they shouldn't have done the whole rejection thing--and good thing they changed it--I just don't think Lana should reject him at all. And yes, it would reinforce the whole "everyone falls for Lana" thing--which I would rather have not existed in the first place--it's ridiculous. But as for the characters themselves--their personalities, etc., I think it fits pretty well.
                          Anyhew, the fanfiction written for Lexana is remarkably good, as a whole. Some of it is breathtaking . . . Makes the ship VERY believable, and quite likeable.
                          Though I've only read one Lexana (due to a friend's request cause I don't read het... period) I do think that Lexana as a fic pairing is pretty good. Actually I'm not against any fic pairing, I'm ok so long as they don't put it on the show. If they put it on the show *throws oneself off the building*
                          Last edited by Daddylion; 12-21-2004, 06:50 AM.

Comment

So, Clex fan fiction is VERY good too but do you see THAT happening on the show? Just because a ship has excellent fan fiction does NOT mean that will translate to a good ship on the show.

Lexana would TANK the show and the ratings as of late have proven that. There have been a LOT of Lexana spoliers lately, particurlarly the one about Lex's worst nightmare being Lana in a wedding dress telling him she could never love him. It was just a SPOILER and even though it didn't really happen in the actual episode, even though it was cut, the ratings for "Scare" were the LOWEST ratings for Smallville ever.

Lexana is also totally unrealistic. I mean, Lana has problems with Clark and won't date Clark because of all the "secreths and lieths" he keeps and tells her. If she can't handle Clark keeping a few things from her, how is she supposed to handle Lex keeping EVERYTHING from her? Lex doesn't emote often. He keeps his feelings to himself most of the time, and he's VERY private. Are we supposed to believe that Lana would open him up? Please. And add that to the fact that KK seems to SUCK the chemistry right out of MR, that Lexana scenes are SO boring and snooze worthy.

And when it comes down to it; Lex is going to become evil and Lana is going to remain good. Lana is very much a "black and white" minded person. There seems to be no grey area with her. Lex is VERY much a grey character. Tell me, how is that supposed to work?

The two of them falling for each other would be TOTALLY random and stupid considering Lex treats Lana like a little sister. It'd have SUCH a huge "ick" factor just because of the vibes I get between the two when they have scenes. Lana goes to Lex for protection or for help, Lex provides her protection and help. Hardly a romantic dynamic.

As for Chlex being more unrealistic than Lexana... Um, explain please. Through out the history of Smallville, Chloe has been portrayed as a "grey" character as well. She has good AND bad in her and while she may want to do the right thing and is a good person most of the time, she can't help the lure of the temptation of the dark side. She saddled up with Lionel to investigate Clark because Clark hurt her. It was petty and immature yeah, but it showed that when hurt or cast aside, Chloe will try to get revenge.

We've also seen just HOW well Lex and Chloe work together from their story arc in S3. That was WILDLY popular. More popluar than Lexana has ever been and ever will be. They have a dynamic between them, this chemistry and you can practically HEAR the crackle of electricity between them in theri scenes. Their pairing in S3 implied that, when thrown together, Lex and Chloe could do GREAT things. They took down Lionel friggin Luthor for goodness sakes, but it could also go the other way. They use their power together, Chloe's curiousity and Lex's resources, and really stir things up. Cause great unrest with people and do REALLY evil things because that darkness is in BOTH of them.

And have you ever read a Chlex fic? I've read fan fiction for just about every pairing and I've kept a pretty open mind about it. I've read a few Lexana stories and, yeah, they were cute and pretty well written. But Lexana fics can't TOUCH some of the fics Chlex writers have written.

There's such potential between Chlex and it's totally untapped. They're like a ticking time bomb waiting to go off. And the fact that Chloe isn't bound by cannon yet means anything goes with them

Lana and Lex are very much bound by cannon. If they ever WERE to get together, only so many things could happen before Lex turned evil and Lana stays good. There would be no Lana saving Lex, there would be no Lana going evil with Lex, the things that could happen between them would be VERY limited and really predictable. Where as with Chlex, Chloe could very well turn evil right along with Lex.

Comment

hmm... evil Chloe... niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiccccccccccccccceeeeeeeeee idea ColumbiaBlue.

Even if I disagree about the Clex. In my opinion the clex has happened, mostly in season 1. There's definitey less in season 3 though I get the sense that they have broken up.

I do agree that Chlex is better than Lexana. Fic or no fic.

I think pairings that are good as fics and not really in canon would be Clark/Lionel, even if I find the fics very hot. Same with Lex/Martha and Choe/Lana (not in season 4 anyway) I think that these pairings are only good in theory.

I'm not so sure about Lex/Lionel cause I kinda see alot of that subtext there in canon and its not bad.

I love subtext.
                              Last edited by Daddylion; 12-22-2004, 09:11 AM.

Comment

i guess lana and jonathan could makes sense lol... in crisis they did seem a little close lol

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎