Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think Lionel can be a good guy?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you think Lionel can be a good guy?

On last weeks episode Transference, after Clark and Lionel went back to their bodies Lionel had shown some difference in his character. I think Clark being inside his body healed his disease. But could it be that Clark also healed the hole that is in his heart. I'm not inclined to believe him and I doubt that Smallville will either. But is it possible? Can Lionel be a good guy?
    Yes
    0%
    No
    0%
    Not sure
    0%

in a word...no

Comment

Umm... unless this thread is about Clarkionel slash, it shouldn't be in the shipper forum.

Comment

Yea

Comment

My theory is that he got mutated. Kryptonite mutation brings out feelings and behaviors in people that they keep deeply repressed. What's repressed in Lionel (weakness by his definition) is the desire to show any emotional sensitivity or generosity.

Comment

The guy had indeed changed. RIP.

Comment

So if Superman was in Joker he could change him?

Comment

He was so bad, he was very good indeed!

Seriously, I think it depends on how you define "good". He was certainly noble, if you use a Nietschean definition of "nobility": he made his own rules, he was joyful and full of life, and he certainly had that will to power Nietzsche went on about.

Originally, the word "good" meant proper and fitting. A "good man" behaved in a manner that was appropriate to his station in life. Since Lionel was a ruthless industrialist who modeled himself after Alexander the Great, leader of conquering armies who invaded nations and subjugated their people, he certainly behaved in a manner that was appropriate and fitting. Just like A. the G. did.

Lionel was ruthless and self-centered, but he was not crazy. He was very rational. And capable.

Comment

Originally posted by actaeon
                  He was so bad, he was very good indeed!

Seriously, I think it depends on how you define "good". He was certainly noble, if you use a Nietschean definition of "nobility": he made his own rules, he was joyful and full of life, and he certainly had that will to power Nietzsche went on about.

Originally, the word "good" meant proper and fitting. A "good man" behaved in a manner that was appropriate to his station in life. Since Lionel was a ruthless industrialist who modeled himself after Alexander the Great, leader of conquering armies who invaded nations and subjugated their people, he certainly behaved in a manner that was appropriate and fitting. Just like A. the G. did.

Lionel was ruthless and self-centered, but he was not crazy. He was very rational. And capable.
                  You are so right.

Comment

you mean he wasnt?

Comment

His redemption was one of the better ideas of the show. Particularly how it paralleled Lex's spiral downward.

Comment

Originally posted by borednow
                        His redemption was one of the better ideas of the show. Particularly how it paralleled Lex's spiral downward.
                        I agree. I also liked the fact that Clark was the catalist for it to happen. In a way, redeeming Lionel, and later Tess, made up for the fact that Clark was unable to save Lex from himself. Clark became both for two Luthors, even if he was unable to save the one he mostly cared about.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎