No announcement yet.

Untitled

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lindalee
    I hope I am not stepping on any keyboards (toes) but what about Tears, instead of Cry.

Good story. I hope to see more.

You're not stepping on anything! You're right that Tears might be a more relevant title than Cry. I will see how the story goes and change it accordingly. Thanks!

Hopefully there will be an update tommorrow, as I have the day off.

Thanks for all your feedback.

Comment

Here's an update.

Martha mounted the stairs to the loft, filled with apprehension. Clarks loft was his sacred place, built by Jonathan when Clark was young.

“He’ll need a private place, when he grows older, somewhere he can forget his troubles.” Jonathan had said of their special boy. Another memory from the past.

He was silhouetted against the window, in the same position he always was, staring out across the fields. He turned upon hearing her footsteps, and for a moment Martha glimpsed the pain in his eyes, but then it was gone, quickly replaced by determination, a determination to remain strong.

“Hi, mom,” he began with a false brightness, and then he faltered, unsure of what to say next. Clark settled for looking at his feet, it saved having to look at her.

“Clark, look at me honey.” Martha commanded in a firm voice.

Grudgingly Clark obeyed, and found himself staring into his mothers beautiful eyes. He was startled by what he saw. He was expecting grief and sadness, but what he saw was a calm understanding.

“Mom?” Clark asked tentatively.

“Clark, you need to talk to me.”

“No I don’t,” Clark replied abruptly, turning his back on his mother, and staring out of the window once more.

“Clark all you do is your chores and stare out the window. You barely eat and you barely sleep.”

“I don’t need to eat or sleep,” Clark muttered in return.

“Yes you do,” Martha reminded him gently, “You’re still growing.”

“What’s the point?”

“The point is to live. Your father wouldn’t want you to give up, not when there’s so much you can do.”

Clark flinched at the mention of Jonathan Kent. He studied his feet for a moment.

“He sacrificed his health for me,” Clark began with a trembling voice, “If I hadn’t run off, if Jor-el hadn’t forced me, then dad wouldn’t have had to fetch me back, and he’d still be alive. And if I hadn’t come here, dad would still be alive. All I’ve brought is trouble.”

Clark laid out his reasoning with cool, calm logic, but his eyes were glistening with unshed tears.

“Clark, don’t say that. We don’t know what would or could have happened, just what did. We have to accept it.”

“Of course I accept it,” Clark almost shouted, turning around, “I don’t have much choice. I’ve never had much choice.”

He took a deep breath and continued in a quieter tone.

“It’s just my biggest fear is beginning to come true.”

“What do you fear?” Martha whispered.

“That I’ll outlive all my friends and family and I’ll be left alone in the world.”

“Ohh Clark,” Martha cried rushing to embrace her son, “Your father still lives on in our memories.”

“I know mom,” Clark murmured.

“He wouldn’t have wanted to outlive you, that’s every parents worst nightmare. No parent should have to lose their child.”

Mother and son stayed in that embrace for what seemed like eternity. It was only when Martha left the loft that she realised that her son was yet to cry.

Comment

You're weaving this beautifully, I anxiously await the next update

Comment

I like that word you used NorthOfNever, "weaving", very good discription of this very good story!! Please post more soon!

~JEM~

Comment

yeah, good choice of words, NON.

That was really good Pickle Lily! poor clark blames himself...

please update soon! i want Martha to get Clark to cry!

Comment

cry, c'mon clark you can do it, just one tear, that's all she's askin for.

this story is great. keep up the good work

Comment

awww! Poor Clarkie, and poor Martha! Hope you update again soon.

Comment

that was great, can't wait to see more

Comment

awww, poor clark! I just want to hug him and make him all better!

Comment

I'd hug him anyway... *drool*

Comment

Originally posted by Tom_Welling1390
                        I'd hug him anyway... *drool*
                        We all know that. (see above comment)

It getting really good. I will keep watch and wait. And yes to weaving the story. Good description NON.

Comment

Originally posted by lindalee
                          . And yes to weaving the story. Good description NON.
                          Thanks, I'm... good with textiles?

Looking forward to the next update!

Comment

I hate that word... textiles... reminds me of math. I really am scarred from the subject.

Comment

Textiles are fabrics...

Comment

I know. But they're always in my math books.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎