Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pre-Clark: Who should Lois be involved with?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

why not Pete. Plois, anyone??? lol

Comment

Lex hands down. I like the idea of Lex discovering ONE woman that doesn't have an ulterior motive (not to mention that MR and ED would look awesome together) This was an interesting relationship while it lasted, and was unfortunately only touched briefly in the LnC and animated series.

It's genious to have Clark's worst enemy falling in love with the woman of Clark's dreams.

I always thought Lois cared about Lex in the LnC series but wasn't in love with him and in the end it was his obsessiveness over her that ended the relationship. I've always felt that Lex was desperately in love with Lois and would like to see that on Smallville, as it would build up to current time in a movie. Where maybe Lex and Lois would be engaged or close to being engaged at that time. (In the comics Lois came very close to becoming Mrs. Luthor) That would leave Clark in awkward position of wether to confess his feelings or watch the woman he loves marry another man, and his arch-nemesis at that (later in life)

The Bruce factor was always fun but I just didn't get as much from it as the Lexis (Lex and Lois) relationship.

Comment

The almost married in the comics was AU. But even then she didn't marry him, because she found out that what they had wasn't even true love.

Lex and Lois, like Clark and Lana, don't go well, because neither couple are meant for each other. Both are relationships without any substance, once you get passed everything which is a facade. Lex has issues with women anyways, like his father, which is why his relationships will always be doomed, anyways. What he'll have for women will always be obsession, not real love. That's one of the reasons why he'll become so twistwed. I mean, he appears to have a growing obsession for Lana right now on the show.

Lois didn't want anything to do with Lex or even left him, because she just found out that Lex wasn't the right guy for her, thats all. Also, Lex was obsessed (not really in love) with her on that show, as well. It was that way in LnC. She wasn't in love with him, because she was in love with Superman. Once she had a taste of true love with Clark/Superman and met her perfect match, than everything else pailed in comparision. Lex Luthor just like any other guy who's not Clark/Superman, pailed in comparison. Also, Lois found out the hard way that Lex is a messed up guy and didn't want anything to do with him or his world. It will always be that way, since Lex is destined to go bad, anyways. I am taking it that their brief offscreen relationship ended miserably in the cartoon for similar reasons, since Lois pretty much treated it as an after thought and something she would rather forget, when she told Clark about it.

Just like any other woman that's not Lois Lane will always pale in comparison with Clark. I think deep down, he knows that Lana pales in comparisoin to what he really has with Lois, but does not want to face it, yet.

It would be interesting to see Lex develop an obsession with Lois and Lois not be interested in him and/or not even like him, like it was in the post crisis when she saw right through his act and saw the real Lex, a guy who was either twisted or becoming that way. It would be similar between Lionel and Martha, where Lionel is totally obsessed with Martha, and Martha has no interest in him whatsoever.

It would be totally creepy to have a Luthor be obsessed with a wife or future wife of a Kent (Lionel being obsessed with Jonathan Kent's wife, while Lex being obsessed with Clark Kent's wife, or future wife). It would really emphasize the 'like father, like son' phrase, LOL.

The Bruce/Lois dynamic was descent, because of the fact that it just added tension to the love-hate relationship between Batman and Superman. But that didn't last, because Bruce Wayne/Batman quite frankly, is too much of a playboy, too dark, and too much of a loner to settle down with any woman. He's too wrapped up in his personal revenge against every criminal in the world, to ever allow a woman to humanize him, and to settle down with a woman. Selina Kyle could've been Bruce's true love, but even that relationship was doomed, because Selina is as dark and messed up as Bruce is. In some ways, I think that Batman is even darker than Catwoman. That's why Batman is pretty much destined to ultimately be alone, while Superman isn't.

Nonetheless, I am more interested in seeing SV Lois and Clark both single, and both focused on finding themselves right now and growing up, than being in relationships with people that they aren't meant to be with, and relationships that's doomed from the start. I don't think either character will truly grow, if they are in relationships with people that's going to fail anyways. They have all the time in the world to develop the romance between Clois, since they do end up together in the end. But for right now, I rather see both characters single for the rest of the show.
        Last edited by AJ80; 01-07-2005, 06:30 AM.

Comment

Lex should had been after Lois, thats a classic right there.

Comment

and Lex wins by a landslide, woot! Well okay, it's not a landslide but 27 to 18 isn't too bad.

Comment

Lex send his goons to kill of his rivals.

Comment

I say Lex cause I could see Lex falling for Lois on the spot, and yet her being unattainable to him would drive him crazy. Lois would be the one woman who is immune to Lex's charms.

Plus I think it would drive Clark crazy that his best friend has fallen for a woman he supposedly "can't stand" I do think it would make Clark sit up and take notice.

Comment

not lex.. noway

Comment

Maybe she could have a fling with Jimmy Olsen? (I'm running away now)

Comment

Jimmy Olsen would be like twelve years old at this point.

I would have a diabetic fit if I actually get to see Lex and Lois together on this show.

Comment

No Lex pls... he's evil now guys he needs Ms Tessmocker or Kitty
                        let Lois cool her jets and wait for Superman

Comment

Naturally i was going to go with Lex... but after i saw Bruce Wayne up there i was like SCORE! though i would rather Chluce... i really do like the idea of Lois/Bruce...

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎