Lost - Original KryptonSite Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love this show so far, but it has only been 3 episodes so far. As far as I can tell with the previews for next weeks episodes though it looks as if they are going to start doing some magic/ghost stuff. I think if they go with this whole direction I will probably stop watching. I dont want to watch a show about a magic island.

Comment

I love the mystery ,they have good writer unlike smallville. I'm watching this show instead of smallville (to much Lana Lang ,it make me puke)

Comment

'Lost' has great potential -- and it doesn't conflict with the Smallville schedule N of the 49th, since Smallville airs Tues. here.

Comment

It does where i am ,Lost is schedule at the same hour and same days where i am

Comment

I just DVR (tivo) it and watch it later.

Comment

Awesome last show

I found it a bit freaky, how his hallutionation led to fresh water and the casket of his father's

Its like he found Life and Death next to each other

Comment

Yeah I know what you mean. At first I thought it was his father leading him to save the day by finding water, but after he also found that casket which turned up empty, I dont know what to think now. I'm guessing that the island has some kind of power and maybe his father was brought back to life, but if that was the case then why didnt all those others who died in the wreak not come back. Anyways also I don't know if it was the island or some sort of impact from the crash, but the guy who can now walk is pretty crazy too. Thats just my 2 cents on the last episode.

Comment

I missed the show can some one fill me in on what happen,please?

Comment

As the eye opens, we see a trickle of blood beginning to flow from a cut just above it. We pull back to see a boy laying flat on his back. Beside him another boy is being ruthlessly beaten against a school yard fence. "Walk away now and you won't get your ass kicked," says the bully. And the truth of it is, walking away would definitely be the smart thing for him to do - the bully is much bigger than he is. But the boy against the fence is in real trouble and, mixed in with the pain and the terror there is something else written on his face — written so clearly you'd have to be blind not to see it. Please, help me! The first boy is up in a flash and goes to help his friend, but he's grabbed from behind by the bully and spun around, the bully's fist already cocked and ready to fire. "Should've stayed down Jack." WHAP! Lights out…

That was a Young Jack. Back in real time, Charlie races down the beach towards him, rousing Adult Jack from his FLASHBACK. "Jack! JACK! There's someone out there!" Charlie points out to the ocean — And oh my God, there IS someone out there yelling for help and struggling to stay afloat. Before Charlie can explain that he doesn't know how to swim, Jack is in the water, pounding through the surf towards the target. When he gets there, he scans the surface and finds nothing but open water. He dives under. Nothing. He dives again and he's down there a long time until…he's up and he's got someone with him. It's Boone! And just as we're about to breathe a sigh of relief, Boone asks a terrible question: "Did you get her?" Did he get who? "That woman, did you get her?" Jack turns around and, sure enough, there is someone else further out, calling for help and about to go under. Kate and Charlie take an exhausted Boone from Jack at the breakwater and Jack turns around and dives right back in. But we widen out we see the awful truth laid out before us. Jack can swim as hard as he wants… but there is no one left to save.

Back on the beach, while Kate is trying to prevent Jack from beating himself up for the life he didn't save, Jack sees the man in the suit standing in the water. When he asks Kate if she saw him too, Kate recognizes that Jack's exhausted and asks how long it's been since he slept.

Meanwhile, Sawyer has begun his own business, providing luxuries to the survivors from the stash of goodies he collected from the wreckage and as the prices reflect, he's got the market cornered in that department. "But don't worry", he tells Shannon…he'll take a check.

Hurley and Charlie tell Jack that they are dangerously low on water. It hasn't rained in a few days and there are 47 people to take care of. Jack has to point out the mathematical error. Better make that 46. They want Jack to decide what should be done, but he wants no part of it.

In FLASHBACK we see young Jack in his father's study receiving a very important lesson on what it takes to be a leader. He tells Jack he doesn't have it. And while that might not be the easiest lesson to learn, Jack needs to know there are consequences for getting involved in other people's business. Consequences like that shiner on his eye.

Back in real time, Jack is speaking with Boone when he sees the man in the suit again. This time, he's not going to let him get away. He races off into the woods and sees the man standing there with his back turned. When he turns around, the shock knocks Jack right off his feet because the man in the suit looks an awful lot like his FATHER!

On the beach, the heat and the lack of water are taking their toll. When Claire faints, the others rally to her side, but when they go to give her some of the precious water, they make a frightening discovery — it's all gone — stolen! Locke offers to go into the jungle to find more — just enough to keep Claire going.

IN FLASHBACK, we see Jack back in the same study, but he's older now - the Jack we know on the island. His mother tells him that his father is missing and that it's Jack's fault. She tells him to go and bring his father back home. Jack asks his mother where he is. She answers, Australia.

In the jungle, Jack races after the man in the suit. Just as he is getting close, he trips and falls down an incline, barely catching himself on a vine before falling off a cliff. He hangs there, slowly losing his grip on the vine. But just before he falls to the rocks below, a hand comes over and pulls him up. It's Locke! He tells Jack that the others are all looking to him to tell them what to do. Jack doesn't want the job and tells Locke about his hallucinations. Locke tells Jack that he should consider the possibility he is not hallucinating. But that's impossible. Locke tells him that possible is a relative term… especially on this island.

Back at the beach, Sayid and Kate catch Sun with a bottle of water. When they learn she got it from Sawyer, they confront him about stealing their supply. Turns out he didn't do it and he can prove it — he made a trade with Jin, "cave-man style". As Charlie does his best to comfort Claire, we wonder how long she can hang on.

In FLASHBACK, Jack finally catches up with his father in Australia…in the morgue. Back in reality, Jack wipes away his tears as he sits alone in the jungle struggling with the loss all over again. Suddenly, the man in the suit crosses by again. Jack follows him through the dark and into an undiscovered part of the island where Jack discovers fresh water and a COFFIN.

In the final FLASHBACK, we learn that Jack put his father's coffin on the plane to fly back to California for the funeral. In real time, Jack finds that the coffin is EMPTY. In a fit of frustration at not being able to bury his father and the pure exhaustion that may be causing him to hallucinate, he destroys the coffin.

Back at the beach the water thief is caught. It was Boone! And just as the mob is about to have at him, Jack returns to the scene. He tells them they can't go on like this. It's been six days and rescue hasn't come, they have to start accepting the idea that it may never come. He tells them about the water he found in the jungle and explains to them all that things have to change or more people are going to die. "If we can't live together, we're going to die alone."

Comment

wow, thanks, I wish I saw that episode, Thanks so much

Comment

Please don't post entire recaps here - you can link to long articles like that but this isn't really the place to post them. Try getting a LiveJournal and posting a link to your entries.

Smallville is actually not doing that badly against Lost. Its ratings have dipped about 13%, but the WB is experiencing an average ofa 10% decrease in ratings overall, excepting One Tree Hill, which, lacking competition in 24 which won't debut until January, has seen an increase of 56%. So our show is holding its own.

I'm watching both and enjoying both very much. I do wish the timeslots were easier to reconcile though.

Comment

I also watch both Lost and Smallville - I just tape one and watch the other. Lost is on my list of new addictions, but it will never replace Smallville in my heart. After all, Lost doesn't have Tom Welling!

Comment

Me too! I watch Lost with my family and tape smallville for myself. Smallville is mine ALL MINE! hehehe

I think my fav charactor so far is the slightly creepy , once was handicapped, knife guy. It is probably because i know more about his past then most of these people.
                            Last edited by ArtisticGal; 10-26-2004, 05:20 PM.

Comment

lost has been great so far, and with the addition of desperate housewives it's put ABC back on the map in terms of ratings. however, their true competition would come soon enough as american idol is prime for a season premiere after the world series.

Comment

ABC finally realized that they cannot get ratings off of the umpteenth year of The Bachelor. Reality shows suck, and should go away, so that we can get back to good shows like Smallville, Lost, Desperate Housewives, and others.

I have been watching Lost. I didn't see the pilot, but I have watched a couple of the others. I am sorry that it is in competition with Smallville, but that is how it always goes.

When "ED" used to be on air, it was on the same time as Smallville....last year. I liked it a lot too.

It is good to hear, Miss Wendy, that Smallville is not really suffering too badly on accound of Lost. I hope it stays that way. I am also hoping that moving the Mountain to Sundays will help Smallville.

Too bad they don't switch Smallville back to Tuesday night like it used to be, so that it would not really have any competition. I guess the WB figures that Smallville has a much better chance against Lost than does One Tree Hill. (BTW, One Tree HIll is the only other WB show I watch.)

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎