No announcement yet.

Lana and Egypt?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lana and Egypt?

This may be of no real significance but this dawned on me while watching a Talon scene on Smallville today.

We know Lana is connected to the mythos this year. And Egypt comes into play with the mythos too. Well the Talon, which was decorated by Lana, has an Egyptian theme to it.

Coincidence? Or is that something in Lana's subconcious that makes her feel comfortable around that type of enviroment?

It could very well be nothing but I hadn't seen anyone make that connection yet so I thought I'd bring it up.

I just think an Egyptian themed coffee shop in farm country Kansas sounds like a weird way to go as far as decor goes.

Let me know what you think.

Well I can sum up the entire Lana mythos plot line in one word :

LAME

IMO

Comment

That's not very nice.

Spoon, you are probably on to something. From all the interviews I have read, the writers had the major plans all worked out for 4 seasons since day 1. Im sure it is no mistake that the Talon is setup with egyptian decor...

Incidently, I like scarabs.

Comment

I think it is most likey very subconscious for Lana to have decorated the Talon that way b/c in the show she showed no interest what-so-ever in Egyptian culture. T

ptb probably -choose- Egypt for that reason alone. They knew they wanted Lana in the mythology and so far the mythology has been Native American. They probably saw this as their -in-.

I doubt they really had it all planed out though, they would have at least had her reading the odd book on the ancient culture and customs, or art, every so often.

Comment

Yes, that connection has already been made in other threads (the only one that comes to mind is ERIC's Seer thread).

Incidentally (nothing to do with the Talon, but...)
          It is worth mentioning that KK can look strikingly like Egyptian royalty: http://www.kryptonsite.com/kkthumb30.jpg (imagine a gold headdress)
          And also worth mentioning that she can even look the part of a gypsy: http://www.kryptonsite.com/kkthumb32.jpg (imagine her with larger gold earrings)

Yes, I know those two images are only coincidental, but I honestly do not think that the Talon's decor was a coincidence... They chose Egyptian decor for a reason I'm sure. Maybe I'm just putting too much faith in TPTB, but to me, it looks like very good foreshadowing. Besides, the Talon will be of little consequence this season, since Lana isn't running it anymore (she lives in the apartment upstairs, so yes there will be Talon scenes, but Martha is running it now)

Comment

Apart from lana being clarks on/off girlfriend/ friend, i see know reason why she should now start having more to do with the show, like some kind of prophet, this show now blows, what was great has now became something bad, and all my smallville dvd's and other stuff have now found new homes, because i would rather have the great memories than slowly watch the show bomb, the writers aren't gonna ruin superman for me!!

Comment

They can't even get continuity right. This is just something they made upon the fly because Lana's "thecrets & lieth" routine was bombing. they won't get rid fo her so they made some junk up for her.

Comment

I agree with you completelly Spoon I think that the writters may have had an ideah of were they wanted to go with this ( if they hadn't already planned this whole thing out)...also I just waz doing some thinking today and I thought I would bring this to yah'lls attention incase it hasn't been already...in season 2 we first met Dr. Swann in Rosetta....well in 1779 while Napolean was exploring Egypt he found the " Rosetta Stone" that translated the egypt launguage into greek and alowed for further translations to take place....just thought that waz kinda interesting how so many things from past seasons keep taking us back to Egypt....

Comment

if this post is about Lana & Egypt Y R People coming here to complain....i hate that.
                  Anyways,
                  Spoon u made a really good connection and i have no doubt that it was done purposely... Lana is a main character and i like the fact that they are giving her some depth and tying her character in to the bigger picture.

Comment

Originally posted by Netmaster
                    Well I can sum up the entire Lana mythos plot line in one word :

LAME

IMO

So you are one of the ppl that like more the Jason/Lana storyline riteee?
                    waaaaaaaay to gooooo

Comment

Well I had wished that instead of Egypt, the WB should have chosen Roman or Greek civilization instead, and had made the mythology connected to either two of those civilizations instead of Egyptian, it would have gotten my interest more if the origin of Superman was connected to those two civilizations rather than to the Egyptian, the Talon would also have looked better if it had a classical theme instead of an Egyptian theme, it also make sense considering that a great part of Western knowledge and institutions traces its roots to the Roman Empire/Republic or to ancient Greece instead of from Egypt, it would have related pretty well to the Kryptonians possessing a large amount of knowledge since most of the greastest philosophers and thinkers in the Western world during came from either Greece or Rome. I just find Roman and Greek civilization to be much more interesting than the Egyptian one, and more relevant to our world today.
                      Last edited by von Manstein; 09-21-2004, 10:39 PM.

Comment

Maybe they just said: Hey look, I didn't realize this before: The Talon has got an egyptian decor ... and: Oh, well then, we've got to make an egypt-storyline, don't we?

Comment

Your pushing it a little... hehe! I think it was planned all along...

Comment

They did make a big deal out of pointing out the Egyptian theme of the Talon in the latter episodes last year.

Comment

No whats really going on here with the deco of Egyptian picture in the talon is another attempt of Hollywood to lie to the public that the ancient Egyptian was white...its hijacking of black culture that whats going on.....

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎