Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• She Thinks She Needs Me

She Thinks She needs Me
    By Steph
    Summary: This is before Clark. This is based on one of my favorite country songs, you'll see the Lyrics are in the story. Please Review

She thinks I walk on water
    She thinks I hung the moon
    She tells me every morning,
    "They just don’t make men like you"

I sighed as I pulled my wife a little closer…my wife… what a thought. I had been married for two years, and was madly in love with this woman. How did I get so lucky? How did a woman so wonderful fall in love with such a loser like me?

She thinks she needs me, she thinks I’m the greatest thing in the world. She claims there aren’t men like me around anymore. She thinks I’m completely with it and always have it together.

She thinks I have all she needs, but she doesn’t see how much I need her. Before I met her, I was a man without a heart, a man with no purpose that was destined to run a farm for the rest of my life. Now I have a reason, now I’m destined to run a farm for the most wonderful woman on earth and any children we may have along the way.

Everyone used to think I was going to marry Nell Lang, but I can’t tell them; I don’t have the heart, I adore this woman in my arms. She holds me together, she brings out the best in me.

She thinks I’ve got it together
    She swears I’m as tough as nails
    But I don’t have the heart to tell her
    She don’t know me that well

She don’t know how much I need her
    She don’t know I’d fall apart
    Without her kiss, without her touch
    Without her faithful, loving arms
    She don’t know that it’s all about her
    She don’t know I can’t live without her
    She’s my world, she’s my everything
    And she thinks she needs me

She is such a strong woman, so loving so beautiful, she thinks without my loving touch, my caring shoulder to cry on she’d be nothing. She’s only seen me cry once, that was a year ago, when my father died. She always thought I was so strong, but she’s the only woman who’s seen the worst of me.

She understands me like no other, she holds me when I need a hug, she loves me when I need faith. She’s never told me anything less than I love you.

I wrap my arms further around her waist as she sleeps soundly against the soft sheets of our bed. She was so strong, she cries to have children, she wants deeply to love a little child. I know she sees that tiny little face in her dreams, she thinks about the baby all the time. I can tell, it’s what she wants the most in life.

Without her, I wouldn’t have wanted a child either, but I want to raise my children by her side. I want to help my child learn while she spoils them.

Sometimes she cries on my shoulder
    When she’s lying next to me
    But she don’t know that when I hold her
    That she’s really holding me, holding me

Yeah, and the funny thing is
    She thinks she’s the lucky one

She thinks she’s lucky, she doesn’t get it, she doesn’t know me as well as she thinks. I’m the lucky one, I’d be nothing without her. Without her touch, her kisses, her love, her passion. She keeps me going everyday.

My father’s death was horrible and tragic, I feel like I failed as a son, not staying in touch with my dad like I should have. I wasn’t a good son to him, but he gave me one last bit of advice before he died. He told me looking me straight in the eyes “son, don’t you let that pretty little dame go, she’s one helluva catch and I ain’t seen nobody love you as much as your mother.” Truth is my dad knew women, better than most, and he knew a good one when he saw one.

I knew I loved her from the moment I met her for the very first time. She walked over to me and asked me for the notes. I just nodded and handed them to her, she doesn’t think I realize it, but I knew all along she was the note taker in the class. Truth was I just wanted a reason to see her beautiful smile again.

She thinks I walk on water
    She thinks I hung the moon
    “Well good morning sleepy head,” I whispered as she slowly turned in my arms and looked into my blue eyes. She grinned and cuddled close to my chest.

I’m still young, and I was sure that at this age I would still be enjoying single life. Truth is, while I hold her this close and spend every night loving her, I can’t imagine living my life without her.

“Hi, how are you this morning?” She asked. I had told her when I first asked her, that we would never be rich, we’d never travel the world, but that I would love her forever. I wasn’t kidding. We may never be rich or travel outside of Kansas, but I will always love this beautiful, kind strong woman, I will always love Martha Clark Kent.

Oh my god that was so good and touching!!! Bravo Bravo!!

Comment

I LOVE this. That sounds so much like something Jonathan would think -- and the song is absolutely perfect. Wonderful work, Steph!

(I too wrote in a story of my own that Jonathan knew about the notes all along. I was certain of it the first time I heard Martha's story about that day. In fact, I think there were a whole bunch of us that watched that and said, "Oh, yes, he knows!" It's just so much more fun that way! )

Comment

Perfect! I love it so much can't wait to see other fan fic by you!Makes me want to hear that song

Comment

that was beautiful, it was like jonathan saying it himself

Comment

Just found this ... great premise! I think you captured Jonathans feeling toward Martha very well

My only complaint was when J called himself a loser ... I don't think that fit's J. I think it was more a feeling of being lost without realizing it ...

I could see J saying something like ... "I have never been a greedy man. My life and my home were always meant to be simple and I was satisfied with that. It was not until I saw her that I even knew I was missing something, but at that moment I felt my world tilt. I thought I had everything, and yet in that one moment, I knew that without this one woman by my side, I would never truly be complete again."

Comment

AngelMamaKent, I like your take on the way Jonathan would think. Can we look for a fanfic from you anytime soon? Please?

Comment

Wow! This is so beautiful and touching.

Amazing work!

Comment

i love that song!

so when i saw the title i had to read it. great job!

Comment

Omg! That was great! I'll definitely read anything else you write!

Comment

Awwwww.....That was G-R-E-A-T!!! It was sooo touching...I love that song...and it fit sooo well. It brought tears to my eyes it was sooo good...you need to write stories and things...you could probably be a pro. Great job!!! Two thumbs up!!!

Comment

So sweet!

Comment

Beautifully Written!!..Love it!

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡