No announcement yet.

Generation X - TV Movie

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Generation X - TV Movie

At one time there was a tv show kinda based on the x-men. It was live action and the cast was mostly teens. It was only on for a short time before it got pulled. I wanna say it was on fox but not sure. This would of been on in the mid 90's.

Anybody remember it? Anyone even know what I'm talking about? LOL

was it based on xmen, or it was like xmen?

maybe its power rangers!!!
    ...maybe not.

Comment

It was not a television show.

It was a TV movie called Generation X and it was made back in 1996. I remember seeing this movie on television and really liking it. I really don't remember all that much about it though, except that one of the mutants had the power to take the density from whatever he touched. So if he grabbed a rock, he would become solid as a rock.

Comment

Originally posted by vyperman7
        It was not a television show.

It was a TV movie called Generation X and it was made back in 1996. I remember seeing this movie on television and really liking it. I really don't remember all that much about it though, except that one of the mutants had the power to take the density from whatever he touched. So if he grabbed a rock, he would become solid as a rock.

Yes, thats it vyperman. thanks.

Comment

barely remember that i was thinking of Mutant X

Comment

I had this on tape until someone let the VCR eat it about 5 or 6 years ago. And I hadn't watched it for a year or two before that, so it's been a while.

Generation X is a Marvel comic that takes place in the X-Men universe, but focuses on the students at Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters. (You know, the next generation of X-Men.) And I'm pretty sure the movie also took place at Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters, although I don't remember seeing the Professor, or any of the X-Men. (Maybe they were away on a mission. Like I said, it's been a while.) Two of the teachers that I remember were Emma Frost (played by Finola Hughs, I think) a mutant who could freeze things, and had white hair much like Storm's, and Banshee (a mutant who could do with a yell what Scott Summers can do with that lazer eye beam of his). Both are characters from the comics.

I barely remember the teen mutants at all. Except for one girl who was built like She-Hulk, and was so ashamed, she wore baggy clothes all the time. By the end, she comes out in her super hero uniform, showing off her muscles and actually looking proud and confident, and I remember thinking it was cool.

And, hey, I found a picture.

Generation X Characters
            Last edited by Dannyblue1; 08-31-2004, 11:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dannyblue1

And, hey, I found a picture.

Generation X Characters

Cool.. I think it would of made a good series.

Comment

Actually, Emma Frost was a telepath like Jean Grey. She was blond. They made Finola's hair white for some reason.

Comment

I think Jubalee was the only 1 of the x-men in the movie.And the guy who played 'Max Headroom' was the villian.And 1 of the gen xers had stretching abilities.

Comment

I have this taped on video after it was being aired late at night. It had some weak spots, but on the whole it was fun. I really loved Sean Cassidy, the Banshee cause he had a great personality and knew how to handle his students. If it only had been picked up it would´ve probably made a great series. Who knows, maybe there will be a Gen X spin off from the X-Men movies.

Comment

I found a brief Summary of the movie, for those who'd like to a better idea what the movie about.

Comment

Yeah, I remember this one. Fun fact: the mansion used in this TV movie, was later used for Xavier's school in the X-Men movies (Also Luthor Mansion on Smallville). No idea if that was intentional or by accident.

As I recall, they at least tried to give Banshee an Irish accent (which makes sense, as Sean Cassidy is supposed to be from, you know, Ireland). Unlike First Class, where he was apparently American.

Not loving the fact that they changed Jubilee into a white girl. At least they had her be Asian in the films... where she was always kept as a background or minor supporting character (starting with the 2000 film).

The characters of Kurt and Arlee were created to replace two team members (Chamber and Husk), that would've been too expensive. Must give them credit, for depicting super strong Arlee as having actual muscles (visibly built like a body builder, when she takes off her sweater). Often times, they don't do that. They prefer to keep female characters petite. Even when they send actresses to the gym, to build up muscle, they never go to the extent that they do with men. Obviously, they didn't send the actress playing Arlee to the gym, but used a body double for that sequence. But, the point still stands that they depict a super strong, female character as having massive muscles. Even 25 years later, we don't often see that.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎